“Luxury and tranquility in fabulous Las Vegas!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Complimentary 4th Night
Ranked #1 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
London, United Kingdom
“Luxury and tranquility in fabulous Las Vegas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here at the start of the month for 7 nights, we've visited Vegas before and wanted a hotel that allowed I'd to enjoy a pool/relaxing holiday that also allowed us to dip in and out of Vegas life as and when we wanted. The MO was incredible from the moment we arrived, their staff are incredibly polite and friendly without being over bearing. The strength of this hotel is understated luxury, your every need is catered for. For example, we were asked when we would normally leave the room when we checked in so the housekeeping could be done, we said 10am, one day we nipped back to the room early and the housekeeping was in our room, we didn't mind at all but there was a lovely voicemail on our hotel room phone saying that the hotel had seen us leave early and were taking the opportunity to clean the room and they hoped we didn't mind this. Just little touches but lovely. We were inundated with toiletries every day and the turn down service was lovely.
The pool area is a real oasis in bustling Vegas, the staff are very attentive, remembering where we liked to sit and what we liked to drink, nothing was too much trouble, the complimentary frozen fruit, frozen drinks and iced water was a nice touch.
It isn't cheap but you don't feel like anything is skimped on and for the cost conscious there is a Starbucks, CVS and Burger restaurant within a few paces of the lobby.
If I had to criticise anything, it would be that a few aspects of our room were a little tired, scratched floor, dints in the edges of furniture but that is me being very picky.
We will definitely be back!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (824)
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

We made our decision to stay at this hotel thanks to previous reviews on Trip Advisor - so to all of you that reviewed this before us, THANK YOU.

This room in this hotel was simply the best we've ever experienced, anywhere in the world. There's nothing more we could have wanted. The room was modern, stylish and extremely well provided for.

Housekeeping cleaned our rooms twice daily (not sure if that's normal or not) but on the days we had a mid-day nap it was nice to return later in the evening to find the bed made and everything tidy again.

Room service wasn't what we expected. The food was served as if we were dining in a top-tier restaurant. Compliments to the chef for such tasty delights.

The concierge was really helpful and arranged shows for each night we were in Vegas. We got great seats at good prices. His review of the shows was also very much in line with our own experience, which was also great.

All the staff were friendly and very helpful. The location is great as you're right on the strip and can walk anywhere for entertainment or food.

Thanks to all the staff for making our Vegas trip wonderful.

When we come back to Vegas, we won't consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Orinda, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a lovely one bedroom suite that overlooked the Strip. View was very nice. Service was excellent. Best of all, for me, was the peaceful tranquility in the midst of the frenzy that is Las Vegas. There is no casino (yay), no loud smokers. Just calm and quiet. Check in was a breeze. Location was excellent- we were attending the PAC 12 Basketball Tournament which was held across the street at the MGM Arena. The Mandarin was totally convenient. My only very minor criticism was the shape of the room. It was rather odd- a long not deep living room with the bedroom off of this odd shaped room. Bathroom nice. An expensive hotel but if you want peace and quiet in the midst of Las Vegas craziness, then this is the place for you.

• Stayed March 2014
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

The hotel location is excellent by being in the middle of Las Vegas strip. The hotel is quiet and meticulously clean. The room is spacious with a large closet. I loved the touched remote control next to the bed where you can control every thing in the room from opening the curtain, adjusting the ac, or turning on the tv. The bathroom is spacious with separate bathtub and shower. It is separated by a glass wall from the bedroom which can be covered by a wooden curtain for the privacy. The quality of the breakfast was very good. The staff were prompt and excellent when it comes to service.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

My husband and I visited Las Vegas for our 1 year anniversary and chose the Mandarin Oriental for its tranquil and luxurious vibe -- and we are so glad we did!

This hotel is wonderful. From my first impression to check out, it was almost perfect. Because the front desk is on the top floor of the hotel, there is an element of privacy that other hotels in Vegas lack. Vegas is a hectic town, but because we stayed here it felt like a peaceful and luxurious getaway in the midst of the craziness of Vegas!

The room is amazing; the bed is like a cloud and everything is spotless. I love a clean room! We enjoyed the pool, and especially enjoyed the delicious cocktails and pool-side food. The staff is attentive and definitely went out of their way to make our stay feel completely effortless. There is no casino in this hotel, which definitely adds to the peaceful feeling. Altogether, it was a wonderful anniversary!

Room Tip: We stayed in a cityscape room, with a view of the mountains. You can see the pool from these rooms...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Mandarin Oriental was voted #1 hotel in Vegas by Tripadvisor and I will admit, it had a lot to do with me wanting to stay at this place. Then out of the top 10 luxury hotels in US, this place was voted #6. Not bad, if you ask me! Also, I don't gamble so no casino in the lobby = no second hand smoking issues = happy Cindy.

It was high season but my mother-in-law wanted to come out here in May so rooms are a little steep this time of year in Vegas. I think it was worth it though because I had an excellent stay here.

I brought my kids since my parents-in-law haven't met my youngest baby yet. And since Vegas has gotten very kid friendly in the last few years, we didn't see it as an issue.

I got here and was greeted with a beautiful smile from Holly (I think that's her name). They had a plate with a warm towel, tea and an orchid for me. It was beautiful! Then they escorted me to my hotel room, got my bags and valeted my car. I thought I died and went to heaven when I walked through the lobby.

We came into our room and saw that it was a great view of the strip. The thing I noticed about staying in nice hotels in Vegas is that, you always get views of the old, ugly hotels. When you stay in the ugly hotels, you get views of the nice hotels. Oy. So I got to see the travel lodge down there, but also got to see Aria, Paris, Caesar's Palace, a few nice hotels.

The luggage guy brought our bags up and showed us how everything worked in our room. Including the tv that was built into the mirror in the bathroom. I admit, I watched it everyday while getting ready and while taking a bath in their HUGE tub that fits 2 people, with your legs fully extended! My husband and I took a bath with their lavender bath salts every night and we were both able to sit in there, without having to bend our knees.

The pool is really nice and isn't too busy. There's two outdoor pools and one in the spa area. We were there, lounging by the pool everyday, having drinks. It was really nice. I loved every bit of it.

The sky lounge upstairs is really cool and has great views of Vegas. We ended up going to the lounge both nights, we liked it so much.

The tea lounge is a little pricey for the english high tea for what you get, but it was fun to enjoy it with my family.

The service was wonderful and the place was immaculate. I think I found my "IT" place to stay when I'm in Vegas. I can see why they call this place the Zen City. They said that the place was fully booked but it was always so quiet!

Best of all, it's located in City Center, my favorite area of Vegas.

Room Tip: Great views on the strip side
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

The Mandarin Oriental is one of the few hotels in Las Vegas that does not have a casino. Because of this, my wife and I found this to be a calm, quite safe place with no weird people hanging around. A great oasis in the middle of chaos. The swimming pool is excellent. I had the best massage I've ever had in their spa. Conveniently located in the middle of the Strip.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors give you a better view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas? Share your experiences!