“Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Woonsocket, RI
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I found the Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas, to be one of the finest hotels in which we have stayed! The hotel provides a beautiful and serene escape from the overstimulation of the Vegas Strip. It was evident in each encounter with members of the hotel staff that customer satisfaction is important to the management of this hotel. The room in which we stayed was gorgeous, the bathroom, fabulous! The pool area was so relaxing and the service provided by the pool staff was exceptional! The Mandarin is as much a destination as Vegas itself!

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors provide a fabulous view of the strip.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (822)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Mandarin Oriental is by far the most luxury hotel in Las Vegas. Location can't be beat, right in the middle of the strip, yet it has a hidden entrance and quiet, calm relaxing atmosphere so it makes you feel like you are far away from the hustle and bustle when you enter. The spa is one of the top as far as facilities and the actual masseuses that I have been to in the United States, definitely worth spending a day getting treatments and using the facilities. The pool was probably a little small for the size of the hotel, and felt a bit packed in, but that said it was Labor Day which I imagine was one of the busiest times and the staff was still able to find a place for us. Staff overall was wonderful here. Didn't get a chance to go to Twist, but MOzen is great for lunch and breakfast and the lounge near the reception is a great place to get a martini and overlook the strip before you start your evening. Would suggest strip view room and also up for the mandarin premier, the closet space is fantastic when getting ready to go out. I won't ever stay anywhere else when going to Vegas, can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Mandarin Premier Room, Strip View. The larger bathroom and dressing room is worth it!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

4 friends single occupancy, 2 nights.

I'm am so pleased I chose the MO for our 2 night "taste" of Vegas - not least because, tbh, we hated the town. It was so wonderful to be able to escape the drunken carnage of The Strip to this oasis of calm and serenity. Immaculate in every way, including the staff who were incredibly polite and helpful.

We eschewed the offers of vast steaks for almost no money in the tawdry gambling hotels, and instead ate in the Mandarin's Mozen restaurant. It was all delicious, and well worth the extra cost.

If I had to be picky, I'd say the tech is a bit overdone in the rooms, and the absence of coffee making facilities in the room seems odd. The sausages at breakfast weren't the best quality.

All trivial. Were we ever to venture back to Vegas, I wouldn't think of booking anywhere else. Not a very likely scenario. Glad we experienced it briefly, but once is more than enough.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is the most amazing hotel i have ever stayed at! Everything was such a wonderful experience from check in to check out! My boyfriend and i stayed here for a week, the staff were all extremely friendly and very personable! Every time we would leave to walk the strip when we returned we were always greated by the door men with "welcome home". I highly recommend staying here, it will be completely worth your while, its quiet, elegant and relaxing yet its located on the strip next to crystals mall (city center). There is no smoking and no casino so there is no reason for excess amounts of people wandering aimlessly around your hotel lobby while you are trying to check in, go to your room or get to the pool. So needless to say the people who are there are supposed to be there and its nice. Such an excellent escape from the craziness of the strip, you go relax and then when your ready go back out and your quite beautiful CLEAN room is waiting for you when you get "home". YOU NEED TO STAY HERE!!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Had comp rooms at Aria, but decided to upgrade to MO. We generally are fans of Four Seasons properties and have even stayed at the vegas 4seasons. I found that MO definitely is a level above the vegas 4season property. From the moment we got there, the staff was incredibly efficient and friendly. The lobby is located on the top floor with good views of the strip. Intimate front desk and guess what no lines - unheard of in Vegas. We were escorted immediately to our beautiful, luxurious one bedroom suite. It definitely felt like a destination resort with all the benefits of being located on the Vegas strip.
The pool was relaxed and mellow. Poolside service was very good. You definitely will be paying up for drinks and food , but it was well worth it. The BBQ chicken sandwich was delish.
MO's spa was one of the best I've been in. They really do an amazing job of making your spa experience serene and soothing. The amenities were so high tech, yet it never felt robotic. I'm a fan of the Grand Waliela spa and Four Seasons spa both in Maui for their amenities and the knowledge of the therapists. Now, I can add MO's spa to my favorite spa list.
Food and Bar
Mandarin Bar was an elegant bar - very different than the Vegas club scene. The scene here was for discerning adults who appreciate a cool bar and good stiff drinks.
Room service was really good. Food came quickly without any hitches. The coffee was excellent.
We ate at Twist which was their high end restaurant. Good views and ambience. The service was great, and the sommelier picked out some good stuff. Unfortunately, the food did not keep pace.... I would rate it a very pedestrian 24 on the Zagat scale.
MO also had a complimentary Mercedes car service, when available.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was my first time at the Mandarin and I have been to Vegas 22 times in the past ad stayed at all he 5 star hotels and Mandarin Oriental is the first I am taking time to actually write a review about because my fiancé was soo impressed with the hotel and staff.

This was a special occasion as I brought my fiancé who has never been to Vegas so I really wanted to impress her. I contacted the Mandarin via email to let them of my say with them and they responded within a few hours.

Don't know what else to add as most of the reviews say it all, but here is a quick list of what really impressed me.
Staff was moat courteous and polite and helpful, greeting us everywhere we met them. special thanks to Robin for extending my check out to and did everything to accommodate us.

Loved that it smelled so fresh everywhere and no casino and so immaculate and clean all the time, I felt like I was in another part of the word when at the Mandarin, only realized I was in Vegas when I looked out room view of the strip.

Loved the Valet feature which the staff accessed from outside the door, so you basically push the valet button and they know you have something for them in there, or you can call housekeeping and they bring extra ice or whatever you ask for and leave it in the Vale box so they don't even disrupt you by knocking a door unless you ask them too, left my shoes and they shinned them ( yes No charge. couldn't believe it).

the Reception is on the 23 floor and they greeted me and my finace by name which was soo nice!! we were checked in early also!! very nice!! and we were in our room in under 10 minutes.. fastest check in I have ever had.. No line ups!!

The receptions was very accommodating and when the luggage was brought up to our room, the bellman showed us all the personalized features of the room!! sooo cool,
even the TV had my name on the screen!

we loved the room !! Firs class all the way!!

The pool was clean, full of very helpful staff, every half hour they brought you free frozen grapes , o free ice water.,, oh they even gave free ice water to your room and at the valet in front of your hotel, so when you left for your walk you had cold water. Very considerate!!

The lounge chairs at pool had a think pad and the towels they gave you were also very thick.
The staff was great and catered o all your needs.

Restaurants were world class in the Mandarin with amazing views.

When ever we talked to anyone and mentioned we were staying at the Mandarin ... they all said it is by far the best hotel in Vegas.
We loved everything about the Mandarin!!..

My fiancé was soo impressed and happy we stayed there after seeing all the other top hotels in Vegas she said Mandarin is the best by far!

I don't know what else to say except that the Mandarin staff and hotel was amazing!! It is the only hotel I want to stay at from now on!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I've been meaning to stay at Mandarin for a while now but finally got a chance to do so on a labor day weekend getaway for our 9th anniversary. Greeted nicely by the doorman, they took our luggage and I went to check in. Very quick and efficient, our luggage was in our room before I had a chance to request for them, nice. First the few drawbacks: the elevator from the ground level does not have direct access to the room levels, have to switch elevators either at the 3rd level or the 23rd (reception level) which can become annoying. The service at the Mozen which we went to twice for breakfast was not up to par. Both days, things were forgotten, delayed, etc but the food quality was good nonetheless. The service and the food by the pool was wonderful, we were catered to like no where else and they constantly brought little treats like frozen grapes, smoothie samples, water, etc which was a real nice touch. Had drinks at the bar on the 23rd floor, very good drinks and good service there too. Our room, the standard city escape, was nice and cosy. Loved everything about the bathroom, the tub, vanity, shower with good water pressure, etc. loved it. Ample amount of cabinets and closet space which the mrs loved. the bed was soft, comfortable and I loved the channel variety the tv had. Most casino rooms have crappy tvs since they dont want you to spend time in your room. Our tv had all major channels plus hbo, showtime, etc. The mini bar was well stocked and the turn down included a bucket of ice and bottles of water (no ice machine or vending on any floors).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas? Share your experiences!