“If you want to treat yourself to total serenity, stay here!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Daily Dining / Spa Credit
Ranked #1 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Scottsdale, Arizona
“If you want to treat yourself to total serenity, stay here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I'm not much of a gambler and I cannot stand all the cigarette smoke in the casinos, if this rings a bell with you, look no further than the Mandarin Oriental. They have the recipe for an absolutely perfect weekend! The service is top-notch, you are treated like royalty. The rooms have tons of "wow" factor. From the remote control blinds, to the TV inside the mirror in the bathroom, you will not be disappointed. The spa is the best I've been to...ever! I live in spa-land and have been to quite a few, they do not compare to the experience I had here. I will not stay anywhere else while in Vegas, great job Mandarin!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (825)
Mountain View, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed at this hotel with my husband and 2 young kids for a conference. The room we stayed in was pretty small for 2 double beds and a crib, but the bathroom was amazing and the service was exemplary! The staff knew my daughter's name and when we arrived in our room, there were stuffed animals waiting for her and her younger brother, along with baby supplies. The next day, I asked for dishwashing detergent to clean my baby's bottles, and they brought the detergent to my room along with a bottle brush and a sponge (wrapped in paper). They also gave us a diaper pail to use. My daughter (who is 2) loved the pool and the yummy smoothies and lemonade they kept bringing us. They also brought out a pool float for my 8 month old. When we were leaving, we couldn't find my daughter's teddy bear. So they gave her another stuffed animal! Love the attention to service!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Stamford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We booked a tabletop our wedding anniversary by the window and it did not disappoint. The service was excellent and the view was unbelievable. We had calamar as a snacked a couple of gin & tonics and it was absolutely faultless. The view was fantastic, great just to sit back and enjoy. I would highly recommend this bar and the whole experience was perfect.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We really loved staying here and will definitely be back. It is in a great spot, you can walk to almost everything. It is so relaxing when you want to get away from the chaos. Very clean and superior service.

• Stayed June 2013
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I made these reservations in April- since then have lost my father and had a busy, sad and hectic few weeks. I joined my husband on his business trip and to view for my business the property.
I cannot say enough glowing remarks in regard to the property. From my first encounter with reservations and the graciousness of Alexandra Ziegler to the very end, no detail was over looked and no request gone unattended.
The plus of this property is the lack of a casino. I do not love Vegas and the strip for long and could have stayed here days more.
The rooms are vast. A lovely closet/dressing area and spacious double sink vanity, separate toilet/shower and separate soaking tub. Well appointed with great make up mirror. Only complaint would be the toiletry items- even with my good eyes I could not read what was what while showering- the mfg. needs to address the packaging! The bathroom was just like at home.
It has glass partitions and I could suggest a blind to keep out the light while one is dressing and the other asleep.
We had AC issues, but then again it was 115 or so! They sent engineers right away and a floor fan and offered to move us ( declined, too tired) The problem was remedied and was a great escape from the intense heat wave.
Pool perfect size and the attendants Thursday-Saturday the A team! Every time you could turn around a smiling face was offering ice water or beverage of choice. The food delicious- well prepared and fresh and reasonable for pool service. They even cooked one half of my burger for lunch and the other half later as I was not all that hungry to begin with. (Alan a great staff person- !) These people had to be suffering in the heat but were there with smiles.
The gym, clean and well appointed. I took a reforming class with Mary Jane- she knew quite well what she was doing and made sure safety was addressed. From my experience I know that she is well qualified and an asset to the Mandarin. I did not have the time to use a spa service but questioned a few who did and they seemed well satisfied.
We used Joe Moracco. He steered us to a great show and made a dinner recommendation that was spot on for what we wanted to do. We just wanted a quiet meal and were glad that we used his choice.
I had breakfast each day- perfectly poached eggs each day- there is complimentary coffee each am until 8am. The staff all welcoming and professional. They even found me a Sunday NYTIMES last in the morning to enjoy with my coffee.
The location for a serious shopper -- perfect, right across from the Crystal shopping.
All and all, a really perfect hotel in my mind... hotel limo offered when there were no cabs... nice was to end my stay. I have stayed at the Bellagio and the Venetian- had dinner meeting at the Wynn. I like the smallness of this property much better...

Room Tip: When we first arrived we were given a room by the elevator. We were moved, and as our room was not r...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel was perfect! Walking forever through those giant casino hotels gets exhausting--it is so refreshing to be in Vegas and be able to go straight from the lobby to your room. The rooms are beautiful, though not exceptionally large. Well laid out, with all the amenities a top-hotel can offer, including iphone jacks that hook into a room-speaker system. The bathroom is beautiful. The best thing was that there was no noise from other guests audible in the room, so it was a quiet and serene escape.

The spa services were amazing. I had a Chinese Foot Treatment, and it was so relaxing that I fell asleep half-way through! Every detail is thought of, including a warming pillow for your torso and one for your eyes. The jacuzzi, fancily named the Vitality Pool, has individual recliner beds in it with your own bubble jets. It looks out on a giant bay of windows through which you can see the lights of Vegas.

The bar at the 23rd floor Sky Lobby has a view of all of the strip, and at night it is incredible.

The food at the cafe MOzen is soooo good. I had lunch and breakfast there, and except for a slight mixup with one of my main dishes, it was superb. Great service, excellent food.

I highly recommend the Mandarin--I don't think we'll stay anywhere else!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I came to Vegas for EDC, so I decided that rather than saying in a casino hotel that was going to be busy 24/7, I figured I would need some peace and tranquility to recuperate during the day from the crazy nights out on the Speedway. So I picked the MO over the Cosmo as a place to stay during the weekend, and I was glad I did.

This isn't the typical Las Vegas hotel. There's no casino in the lobby, there are no tour groups checking in, and the noise and energy levels in all areas of the hotel are low. If you want a place to relax and enjoy the services a hotel can offer, this is the hotel to be in. The rooms are beautiful, spacious, and both the bathroom and bathtub have plenty of space for two. If you want a high-energy, party hotel, then I'd recommend the Cosmo.

I loved my stay at the MO, and while I won't be staying here the next time I'm in Vegas, it is not the hotel's fault at all, I just want to try the Cosmo since I'll be there to party. I would not hesitate to recommend the MOLV to anyone going to Vegas, although I would say to keep your expectations on Twist in check. I wrote a review on Yelp for that.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas? Share your experiences!