We stayed here for the last 4 days of our vegas trip after Hooters and Rio.
What an amazing place, check in is on floor 23 and then you get a different set of lifts 'down' to your room. We had a standard room and had a partial view of the pool area and south strip towards Monte Carlo/MGM. The room was superb, Shanghai Tang toiletries, great selection of teas in the room which you could make in the glass kettle, freestanding bath with glass walls so you can look out into the room (with a sliding wall if you want privacy), and a small flatscreen mirror tv in the bathroom, separate shower cubicle too.
Bedroom had a large flatscreen tv and you could control all the electrics from a gizmo next to the bed. Wardrobe had a built in safe with electric sockets so you can charge phones etc plus the valet closet which we used for getting our newspapers but is a great idea for dropping off your dry cleaning without being disturbed as the hotel staff access it from a panel next to your front door.
Pool area is very nice and they even have a pot of sunscreen for you to use plus bottles of chilled
water. Well equipped gym with bottled water and fruit plus free classes, we did yoga twice and pilates during our stay. Also free coffee in the mornings outside MOzen bistro.
I've mentioned free a lot but there is a resort fee which is at the top end of the scale but we thought it was good value for what we got.
What else did we like, MOzen bistro had really good food with a wide variety of fusion cuisine, cupcake for my missus on her birthday delivered to the room, was so good we had to go and get another one in the coffee lounge the next day, bar had spectacular views of Vegas.
Grumbles, service was spot on apart from one of the staff at MOzen who made a mistake over a cupcake of all things but she denied that there was an issue, it was a really small issue but we were surprised at the attitude given the service ethic they have. She seemed to avoid us after that. We also didn't get the room serviced after the first night and had to ask for it to be done when we came back, they mentioned the do not disturb light but it definitely wasn't on. Was done quickly once we'd asked. All minor grumbles really and didn't impact our stay and experience overall.
Will definitely go back.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas is one of only six triple Forbes Five-Star hotels in the United States and is the only hotel in Las Vegas with Five-Star recognition for the hotel, Twist by Pierre Gagnaire restaurant and The Spa. A sophisticated sanctuary of modern elegance prominently situated at the entrance of CityCenter, Mandarin Oriental has made its mark as the ultimate urban resort destination in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip. Designed entirely by interior designer Adam D. Tihany and architecture firm Kohn Pedersen Fox, Mandarin Oriental brings to Las Vegas a new standard of style with stunning suites, captivating architectural design, unique restaurant and bar venues, and the legendary hospitality of Mandarin Oriental. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Hotels.com, Travelocity, MrandMrsSmith, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.