“WOW.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
“WOW.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

What an impressive visit to this fine property....!
From the moment you are greeted in the lobby, one is swept away to their pristine room in a manner which was effortless and hassle-free.
Things that most impressed me:
Since our room was not ready, the receptionist offered us drinks/appetizers at poolside - on the house.
Room service was prompt, efficient, extremely courteous and the meals were hot when served!
Loved the Valet Service...shoes were shined, drink recipes were delivered along with newspapers of choice!
The Bellmen were courteous, sincere and efficient!

I will definitely "escape" to this hotel again - it certainly doesn't ring in your ears like other Vegas properties!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (883)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sussex UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed here for my birthday last week, from check in on the 23rd floor to check out the staff were brilliant, they were smiley, engaging and obviously took great pride in doing their job. Two in particular stood out, they were Vildan who worked up at the pool and had not been there very long(could have fooled me he was excellent and showed a maturity beyond his years) and Amanda who worked in Guest Services and for whom nothing was too much trouble. The Strip view room was a generous size, it was immaculately clean and the bed(mattress and linen) amongst the best we've ever slept in(My wife is Cabin Crew and we travel a lot so we should know), The bathroom and shower were great as were the toiletries robes and slippers, everything oozed pure class. Little touches like the secret valet and the charger for Ipads/laptops inside the safe were a great idea too. All of the public areas were immaculate and the whole hotel had a zen like feel to it, very chilled and relaxing, especially away from the madness outside that is Vegas, there are lots of orchids, candles, scented air and dim but not dark areas where subtle mood music is playing that just made you relax. The Pool /Spa area were fantastic on the 8th floor and my wife used the Gym every morning which she said was state of the art, the pool area was naturally a great suntrap, with cabanas, Jacuzzis and quality sunbeds with fluffy towels everywhere. The Pool Cafe service was great with regards getting a burger or salad or just a beerbrought to your sunbed, the staff also did regular juice/water runs to ensure that you stayed hydrated, the only slight let down here was that the cocktails were not as good as those in the Mandarin Bar, but more about that in a moment! We ate in the Hotel at Mozen for Dinner one night, Steve our Server was extremely knowledgeable and was a nice chap too. The Pierre Gagnaire Restaurant, Twist looked interesting, but due to the length of our stay we were unable to fit it in to our schedule. The Mandarin Bar was uber cool, with a great view of the Strip in both directions, the cocktails though not cheap were to die for and the warm nuts and Wasabi accompaniments were nice too. I thought that a 25$ a day "Resort Fee" was a little cheeky, but Wifi was included in this(One day I hope that all hotels cotton on to the fact that Wifi should be free)! As a non gambler who likes to get out and about amongst it when in a city it ticked all our boxes, all in all If I were to return to Las Vegas I would certainly stay here, especially after going inside many of the Resort Hotel/Casino's . It was a different class!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were here for Two nights, bought the package from Expedia for a City view room with king size bed.Upon arrival, we are told our room was sold out and we are upgraded to a 1600 sq feet Apex suite...it was a corner unit, all glass from two sides, unreal view and outstanding luxury and comfort!
The best hotel ever, here and around the world!! Set the bar so high that I am afraid we will be very dissapointed evey time we check in in another hotel, but so grateful for the experience!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The Mandarin Oriental is a wonderful, cocooning, luxe place to recover from the madness that is Vegas. Staying here leaves us feeling energized for the scene and people watching, but with a wonderful retreat in a fairly central location in which to "hole up" when Vegas proves to be too much.

The rooms are impeccably appointed, design is very good. Much better quality finish, details than many US "luxury" hotels. Drapes sweep up at the gentle push of a button, great controls for lighting and music, irresistibly comfy beds with wonderful linens. We like the cityview suites, which are a bit of a splurge but actually a good value for the huge amount of space and really upgraded bathroom included with the room.

Staff are extremely helpful and kind but pretty unobtrusive.

Common spaces are beautiful, underpopulated, and incredibly comfortable. The hotel bar serves excellent cocktails in incredibly comfy velvet couches and chairs, truly a lounge with nice floor to ceiling views.

The spa is to die for. Huge spa with lots of treatments, facilities, and rooms. The day pass is definitely worthwhile as you can come and go throughout the day.

No on site casino means the place is very peaceful. Just across from the amazing Crystal Mall for the best luxury shopping in the region.

Worth a stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Langley City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Although I haven't stayed in the majority of Las Vegas Hotels, I have stayed in a few, and been in many more. The Mandarin Oriental is decidedly different. As others have said, it is luxury all the way, with great staff and outstanding rooms. It won't be the first choice for smokers, nor for those that want a casino feet away from the elevators, however, those choices are available at adjacent properties if a priority.

I'll rate this one excellent, however, it wasn't perfect. We stayed for 4 nights and they forgot to clean the room one of the nights. I don't think we had the privacy setting on, but cannot say for absolute sure.

Our room was on the 9th floor and looked out towards Monte Carlo, MGM and New York New York. It also looked out onto a parkade about a floor below. If you can, try to get a room higher up and the parkade won't be so visible.

Personally, I don't like the surcharge hotels are getting in the habit of charging. It seems to me they started out being something like $9.95/night and the Mandarin is now $24.00/night. Now I'm not saying I like to be charged for every little extra thing in a hotel, like phone calls and internet ( which are included in the $24.00 fee), however, my preference would be to have one price per night including the amenities the hotel plans to provide to it's guests. Before long it will be $50 extra per night and we will have to account for room charges and surcharges in making our lodging choices.

Other then that, again, I'm pretty impressed. In fact, so much so, I will be looking for other Mandarin Oriental properties to try if available at our next destination. Highly recommended.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The staff at the Mandarin cannot be faulted for their demeanor. They are always friendly and nice. Unfortunately, there were some issues. I am use to 5 star hotels. You have expectations and they are high.
I requested that my room's cooling system be checked as it was not cooling down. I left for the night and I came back and it was not working to my expectation. I waited looked for a note for someone to call or a phone call to check on my satisfaction. There were none.
When I first entered my room, I did notice the carpet did not look totally vacuumed. I did find a crumb near my bed. This was all taken care of on the next cleaning.
As you enter the hotel, there is a floor mat. Every time I entered the hotel this was not clean. Not the first impression I would expect.
Then there was my room key. Took me awhile to figure it out, but it would not work in one elevator. The staff was always greatly helpful, but this was really annoying.
I am sad to say I can only give this hotel an average rating.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Denver, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is a first class hotel with a professional/courteous staff, 5 star dining and a great spa! I will stay at the Mandarin Oriental again on my next visit to Vegas!
You can tell that this is very well managed hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for view of Vegas.