“Looking for clean, non-smoking, great service hotel on strip ??” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Daily Dining / Spa Credit
Ranked #1 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
texas, usa
“Looking for clean, non-smoking, great service hotel on strip ??”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed for a business trip. Had a strip view room on 20th floor. Room was clean, comfortable. Location is good ( not great ) since you have to walk about 15 minutes to get to most of the attractions on mid strip section. This hotel is located toward south strip. Having said that is a great hotel otherwise. Haven't tried any of the resturants or the Spa. Easy 10 minute walk via sky bridge to the Cosmopolitan. Was attending a conference in Cosmopolitan. Cosmo seems like a good hotel also. Cosmo definitely has more to do in terms of shopping, resturants etc. Cosmo is lot bigger than Mandarin. Mandarin has no second hand cigaratte smoking, Cosmo does. However cosmo is not bad either. Mandarin definitely has a GREAT- FAST service. House keeping twice a day. Whole room can be controlled by touch pad controls. Would definitely recommend this hotel.
4 star since had to walk more than I would prefer to reach area attractions. Also have to take 2 different elevators to reach the room ( annoying). Plus have to swipe your room keys on the pad on elevator for it to take it to your selected floor.

Room Tip: In general higher the floor the better it is with any hotel in Vegas. Get good walking shoes since l...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

2,858 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (738)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed for the weekend to celebrate my birthday. I had called to ask if I could get a room with a view of the strip. Not only did they give me a view but a full upgrade. I went out for dinner and came back to find a beautiful cupcake sitting on the table when I got back. Every time we checked something at the desk I got a, "Happy birthday." The service here is impeccable. Housekeeping (which I never saw) came in when we would go out for dinner and folded my clothes, lined up my shoes and placed water bottles on our nightstands. The rooms are gorgeous as is the rest of the hotel. Love the fresh flowers everywhere. The beds are so comfy and the bathroom like a spa. They even put rose petals on the bathtub in case we wanted to take a bath. We loved the remote-controlled curtains and lights. So nice to get away from the craziness of the strip at this quiet, posh hotel. Unlike the other hotels, it's not full of smoke from the casinos and the madness of the crowds. My husband has stayed at the Bellagio, Mandalay Bay and MGM, but when he walked into this hotel he says he was floored by the service and elegance of the hotel. They even called the house car for us to take us to the airport. Never did I feel it was snooty or that I had to dress or look a certain way (mu husband loves to wear sweats). If you were staying here, they treated you like royalty. The bar is also very nice and the snacks and beverages are good. Location was convenient and we could walk to many of the attractions and restaurants. If I ever come to Vegas again, this is where I'll stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the strip and let them know if you are celebrating a special occasion.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Loved this hotel. Service was impeccable (except the lobby bar). Rooms were well appointed. I did not have any noise issues in the room. Would definitely stay again if I don't want a traditional casino hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights and loved every minute of staying in this high quality hotel. The service is fantastic, the rooms amazing and the beds are just quite divine. It is a relatively new hotel and that shows as the rooms are very very modern and well thought through. We had a room overlooking the strip so it was fantastic to see the comings and goings all day and all night; it was also a great place to watch the New Year' Eve fireworks. The hotel is pricey, but there is a reason for it and that is because it is excellent in every regard. We are not gamblers so the hotel not having a casino was no detriment to us and in fact was an added bonus as there were no crowds and awful cigarette smoke chocking-up the reception and arrival area. If you do want to gamble, the excellent Aria is just a short walk up the hill.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I was offered a warm towel upon arriving, check-in was quick with no line. We got a discounted room through Hotwire, so it was a smaller room on a low floor but quite nice nonetheless.
I often have trouble sleeping while traveling, but I slept like a baby at the Mandarin thanks to the comfortable high quality mattress and down comforter and pillows. Our room was very quiet, you could easily forget you are in Vegas. The bathroom was spacious and luxurious with a deep bathtub, walk-in shower, double sinks and granite walls and floor, adjacent was a dressing area with plenty of closet and shelf space for clothes.
Complimentary bottles of water were left by housekeeping each day and were also available at the front door and in the gym (along with oranges). Free coffee was served each morning on the 3rd floor.
The staff members were unfailingly polite and helpful and upon leaving we were given a free ride to the airport in the hotel limo.
My one complaint is the strong scented air freshener used throughout the hotel. The first day I had an allergic reaction and couldn't stop sneezing. By the next day I was acclimated and it was not a problem, but I do feel they could use a little less since it is a nonsmoking hotel.
If you are looking for a high-end hotel with a relaxing zen vibe then this would be a good choice on the Vegas strip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed in this fine hotel last new year's eve, it was very pricey but its ok..it's because of the season plus it is on the strip of Las Vegas. From the entrance, it was very private..to the warmth of the staff till the hallway that smelled so good and new, to the room most importantly. The room was awesome, smelled very new, sheets were new, the bathroom was perfect for me and i am such a bathroom and room critic. I see every spec and every floss..but i coudnt find any in this hotel. It's so grand, so luxurious and everything's remote controlled-as in literally. Worth ever single cent i paid for. This is the best Mandarin Oriental for me..compared to the ones in asia-oh my, doesnt come close. I have to say, the best hotel ever for me!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I'm not a 'Vegas Person' but the Mandarin Oriental is excellent. If you don't want to stay in a casino hotel there aren't a lot of choices. In the past I've stayed at the Four Seasons. I far prefer the Mandarin.

The rooms are not huge by Las Vegas standards (like, say, at the Venetian), but they are PERFECTLY layed out (some architect really thought it through). Very comfortable bed and seating area, a work-ready desk, spacious bathroom, ample closet space and the super handy pass through valet (that allows deliveries to be made to your room without a disturbance). Only a few complaints: the bathtubs are plastic (yes, plastic)....I know that the real stone/resin tubs cost a fortune.....but then make a different design decision if the budget doesn't allow it. I wasn't totally put off by it....but I didn't want to get in the thing either! Wish the hotel could upgrade the linens or at least use a detergent that is less harsh. Finally, wish that there was a higher standard in terms of rooms maintenance.....there were a few spots here and there that needed attention (nothing major.....but I DID notice).

Overall service is very good and delivered in a a friendly and thoughtful manner. Particularly liked how responsively my calls to housekeeping, in room dining, and valet were handled. My only complaints are minor. Guests have to show themselves up to their rooms upon check in--it's fine, it works, but I am not used to this at a 'five star' hotel. Also, there were a couple of promises made that were not kept. For example, I thought it was a really nice touch when we extended our stay and the front desk offered to send up a set of new keys (they use an electronic key system that would have locked us out of our room). Unfortunately the new keys never arrived. Like I said, minor.....(and my expectations in Las Vegas are low).

Food quality at the restaurants and room service was excellent. Wait staff was very responsive, attentive and gracious. Front desk staff, however, should suggest guests make reservations upon arrival......if the hotel is at capacity you might experience a wait for breakfast, afternoon tea or dinner.

The spa is really, truly top notch and is beautifully maintained. Technicians are sbsolutley first rate. The prices are, however, just short of shocking. And the spa check out is dreadful......you get dumped into a gift shop area and the people working there are not up to the task (if a guest is paying a monster check, the hotel needs to have competent, well trained, people working in that area--sadly they did not).

One of the best parts of staying at the Mandarin is its location at city center. There are plenty of dining and shopping options at your doorstep....all with hotel signing privileges.

Overall, this was a great stay at a first rate property.

Room Tip: All of their rooms (except for the 'premier' rooms and suites) are identical.....you simply...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas? Share your experiences!