“Business travel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
Chicago
“Business travel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I stayed at the Mandarin on a weekend business trip with my husband. From the chic, tech savvy rooms, to the pool cabanas to the bar, this hotel was unbelievably nice! The staff were attentive and remembered your name. If you have a chance to stay at the Mandarin, it is worth every penny!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

2,785 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (717)
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

This hotel is stunning, it has a nice sense of calm amongst the busy strip, it has outstanding views and the staff are so courteous.

The rooms are huge - especially the bathrooms which have really nice toiletries.

All the curtains, lights and everything can be run by the tv - which is pretty fancy.

The location is ideal, right on the strip and walking distance from MGM, Bellagio, Caesars Palace and Paris - and that's just close walking distance.

The big hotels with casino's smell really smokey - so if you're not a smoker - it's soo nice to get back to a gorgeous hotel to relax.

Room Tip: Just ask for a room with a great view of the strip - most do and they seem to be really accomodating...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed 3 nights in this hotel and it is unforgettable. What I loved is that you are in a very nice, quiet hotel, directly on the Strip. This was my first stay in a Mandarin and I am sure I will return. The service is amazing, we had a superior room with an amazing view, and everything in the hotel is very luxurious. It has more amenities than what you would imagine you will need. Definitely a very good choice for staying in Vegas.
I think it is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
San Ramon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I love this hotel! This is best choice if you like us - love high end, want to watch the show,enjoy good food and shop at Las Vegas ! We booked through Expedia which was the biggest mistake. Expedia mass up our reservation on the hotel and airline. I will highly recommend to book directly from hotel or airline.

We stayed there 3 nights from Dec22-25, 2012. In room 1209

Pro:
1: The hotel smell so great and their organize and layout was very safe. In Vegas, you have to really careful watch out the strange people.
2: it was in the center for everything. Nearby has Aria, city center, CVS drug store .... 15 mis walk to MGM or New York New York. By taxi to Rio or Wynn about 10 -15 mins.
3: Their room was so nice and clean. Except you have a loud neighbor, otherwise you can sleep to 10 or 11am very easy.
4: TV in room and bath room.

cons:
I was not very happy that the front desk told me there were no double beds available. We reserved from Expedia and I called the hotel few days ago to confirm we booked the strip view with 2 double beds. For some reason the front desk insisted there was no record for my phone call and she did not have any room available with my request ( high floor and 2 double beds). Honestly, I was fett very disappointed at that time.

After few mins talks, she finally offered us a room with double beds in 12 floors. We accepted it because we really need to have 2 double beds. I think there were some mass up between travel agent and hotel. but that should not effect to the customer's right and paid.

Overall, we enjoyed to stay here and look forward to back again.

Room Tip: Get the strip view, very nice
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Las Vegas gets busier year on year and as a frequent traveller to Vegas have always stayed at a Wynn property as always outstanding but this year tried the Mandarin as no 1 on trip advisor.Thank goodness we did as it is an escape from the crowds and noise of slot machines and a truly luxury hotel in every way.
Rooms are large,beds so comfortable,bathroom huge and shower great water pressure.Rooms have great view of strip and comes with all the latest gadgetry.Fitness centre ,spa and pool great and loved the sushi bar.
the hotel service is as good as it gets from all the staff and examples were when checking out of hotel they ask you if you want your boarding passes printed or when there was no taxis around when going to the airport they just used their town car to take us complimentary.
Outstanding hotel for Vegas.

Room Tip: always go for high floors to reduce noise
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I've been to Vegas several times but this hotel was truly an oasis in the desert. Nestled amongst the newly trending City Center hotels, it was as relaxing as it was inconspicuous to travelers seeking a taste of the "Strip" life. If you didn't stay there, you would never even know it existed. It was quiet and isolated yet in the center of all the action. The staff greeted us warmly upon arrival, housekeeping ensured that our room stayed in the best condition, and the doormen made sure that we had everything we needed before leaving and upon returning to the hotel each day. I have NOTHING negative to say about this property and we'd re-book in a heartbeat!

I realized that I couldn't find my two-toned gold necklace once I came home to Texas. My thoughts were that if I left it in Vegas, then it was gone! Housekeeping found it and the hotel shipped it at no charge. Asked for a taxi to the airport and was told that the house car would take us. Mercedes S550...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

It’s the best hotel “I’ve ever stayed in” was dolly’s comment after we’d checked out after our four day stay. Having never been to Las Vegas before and it being thanksgiving I wanted to stay somewhere away from the casino, the tobacco smoke and the all those bodies.

After picking through the tripadvisor reviews this seemed to be the one. Emailed the hotel, thanks Crystal and booked a premier king room which had a wonderful view of the strip on the 22nd floor. Everything from start to finish was superb from front of house to the ladies who did the room – taking of the room it was as described on the website, spacious with everything you could ask for even down to the prophylactics in the desk draw. Bed was big and comfy, bathroom had his and hers sinks, a large bath and walk in shower and a television only one toilet though and no bidet. (I do like a bidet)

Didn’t have a problem with using two elevators although the wife was with me so that helped and never got round to using the pool or spa either. We had breakfast every morning which was superb, freshly cooked to order, attentive service so much better than the congealed sausages, bacon and eggs you normally encounter at the majority of hotels nowadays.

So my tip is if you’re off to Vegas stay here..........Although I was quite intrigued and often wondered as I looked out of the window what the Travelodge across the road would be like!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas? Share your experiences!