I am not a gambler and even though I know it is part of the Vegas experience to walk through the smoke filled hotel lobbies with assaulting noise and lights, I would so much rather enter the oasis of the Mandarin Oriental. It is right on the strip in the new City Center, but the way that they took the time to design the positioning and entrance to the hotel creates a total separation from the hustle and bustle of the strip. At first you are a little perplexed at all of the ups and downs to get in and up and down to your room, but you quickly realize this was done intentionally to give you this feeling of calm, as if you are in some distant exotic resort.
Other than that, every other part of your hotel stay is not just good, but perfect. The staff is so genuinely warm and welcoming that you feel you have known them as friends. The lobby is also apart from the mayhem on the Vegas strip as it is located on the 23rd floor. The Mandarin Lounge was fantastic with great food, staff, music, and views. Breakfast at the Mozen Bistro was a cut above the others. The halls and other public areas were soothing and pleasing to the eye. The room left you wanting to move in. Everything was considered in designing and outfitting the rooms. When you first open your door, the lights come on and the curtains open exposing floor to ceiling windows and a fantastic view. The in room electronics were easy to use and actually usefull! You could operate everything from your bedside controls. The bathroom was perfect and there was a separate little closet and space area to put your bag. There was even a place to hang cloths to be taken for cleaning in your room but staff would access securely from the hall.
I have never written a review this long and I could go on and on, but bottom line is that if you are in Vegas - stay here!
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas is one of only six triple Forbes Five-Star hotels in the United States and is the only hotel in Las Vegas with Five-Star recognition for the hotel, Twist by Pierre Gagnaire restaurant and The Spa. A sophisticated sanctuary of modern elegance prominently situated at the entrance of CityCenter, Mandarin Oriental has made its mark as the ultimate urban resort destination in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip. Designed entirely by interior designer Adam D. Tihany and architecture firm Kohn Pedersen Fox, Mandarin Oriental brings to Las Vegas a new standard of style with stunning suites, captivating architectural design, unique restaurant and bar venues, and the legendary hospitality of Mandarin Oriental. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Travelocity, MrandMrsSmith, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.