“Paris Las Vegas - Overall Very Nice” 4 of 5 stars

SAVE UP TO 25% OFF!
Ranked #70 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Paris Las Vegas - Overall Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2004

Stayed here for three nights last month and overall thought it was a nice hotel and worth what we paid. We had a nice corner room, which was quiet and had a view of the Strip and the pool. The "P" rooms with a view are worth the extra $20 if a view is important to you. The room was kept clean and housecleaning was very prompt and organized. We ordered room service breakfast one morning and it arrived on time and was very good. The hotel's location in the middle of the strip is convenient and provides great access to the Bellagio, Bally's, Caeser's Palace, Aladdin and the Flamingo. The casino was open and well-lit (unlike Bellagio which I found quite dark and oppressive) but it is much smaller than other casinos on the strip so if you're a big gambler you might prefer a larger casino with more options. We ate at the cafe on the "boulevard" and it was reasonable and the food was above average. I felt that the biggest cons to this hotel were the following: (1) no matter what door you enter from the exterior of the hotel you must go through the casino to get to the check-in, the rooms, the shops, or anything else and I found that a bit irritating especially when carrying bags, (2) there did not appear to be enough lounge areas and the bars were small and always packed no matter what time of day or night we stopped by, (3) the shops and "french boulevard" while cute were a bit too fake for me (I have been to Paris and never once saw a mime) - I appreciate the effort but it seemed a bit forced (I know, everyone's a critic). I would stay at this hotel again but will probably try Mandalay Bay the next time I visit Vegas to compare. Mandalay had a nice lobby area when you entered and the casino was not so "in your face" when you walked in the door. Plus, Mandalay (in my opinion only) had more interesting and diverse lounge areas and restaurants. Overall, the Paris was a very good hotel and the staff and service we received were excellent and friendly. While I would stay at the Paris again I didn't love it so much to say that I would never try any other place in Vegas.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,196)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2004

My sweetheart's fiancee made arrangements to get married in Las Vegas.
They wanted us to stay at the hotel where they are having the ceremony.
But this is the first time my sweetie will be in Las Vegas. I searched the web and came across the "Passport to Paris" package. It sounded very enticing. So after discussing it with her, we decided that we would call and find out what we could first hand. The internet was very informative but talking with a "live" representative always gives a better insight and impression of the establishments character. The Paris representative was very gracious and informative. She was very easy to talk with and seemed genuinely friendly. We were easily persuaded that this where we wanted to stay. We're very excited about the upcoming wedding and really look forward to our stay at the Paris, Las Vegas.

Madison, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2004

Traveled to Vegas several times and the Paris hotel has lots to offer.
Rooms are bigger in size than the average room. The bathroom is enormous and lavish which I was not expecting. The spa - as pricey as it is - is unbelievable! The pool area can use some remodeling. Staff was friendly and they reallly know how to take care of your guests - for instance our oom was not ready when we check in, so they gave us 25 bucks worth of chips to play in the meantime. That is what I call customer service. Don't forget Paris when you are choosing a hotel in Vegas.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2004

We stayed at Paris during the first weekend of March Madness in 2002 and 2003, and plan on returning again for 2004. This is the ultimate place to watch the NCAA Basketball Tournament, as the hotel uses their theater to show the games on four huge screens that hang above the stage. Awesome! If you have ever been to a sports book during a big event and had trouble finding a seat, you know why this is so sweet. In 2002 the seating was plentiful, but last year a lot more people showed up and the theater was actually filled to capacity at times. The one drawback to having this many people at one place to watch the games is that the lines at the betting windows were HUGE! I recommend walking down the hall to Bally's to put your bet in, and then go back to Paris to root on your picks. There is a snack bar in the lobby of the theater that serves beer, soft drinks, and "stadium" style food. I preferred to get my drinks from the cocktail waitresses out in the casino rather than paying for drinks at the snack bar. As for the hotel, the room was on par with the other fine hotels in Vegas. The bathroom is the coolest part with marble tile and separate glass shower and bath. Makes you feel like a king! The buffet is excellent for breakfast and dinner (crab legs and prime rib!). It is the most impressive buffet that I have seen in my 20+ trips to Vegas. If you stay at Paris and plan on playing table games, be cautious about their comps. I played for several hours each day at an average bet of $50. I was told to charge my meals to the room and that a casino host "would take care of it" when I checked out. No dice! I don't know if this guy woke up on the wrong side of the bed or what. I vowed that I would not return, but I have since compromised since they are now offering me two nights free for my next trip. Just insist that the pit bosses comp your meals as you go so that you don't get screwed as you leave. As far as meals recommended away from the Paris property, don't miss Del Frisco's (best steak ever) and In-N-Out Burger (get the Double Double).

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2004

My wife and I just returned from stay at the Paris (Feb 6-9). This is only my second time back to Vegas having previously stayed at the Aladdin last year. We primarily chose the Paris because we were able to get better Celine Dion tickets through their Colesseum Package (including upgraded view room). Our stay was excellent and uneventful.
We checked-in at the airport check-in and we went straight to our room with keys in less than 45 mins. Awesome way to start. Went to concierge to pick up Celine tickets (we were notified 24-hrs. after booking the room that the tickets were waiting for us!). We were guranteed main floor seats with the package and got excellent seats, better than expected. Also asked concierge to get us on the guest list for the club Risque (no waiting in line) and they said no problem, even when a special event was on that evening. We ate a few different times (brunch, lunch and dinner) at Cafe St. Louis and found the food very good at all times and service quick. We spent a fair amount of time at the blackjack and craps tables and found dealers to be friendly and fun for the most part. You always run into one or two that just go through the motions. Made sure we signed up for the comp card and ended up earning enough for free last lunch! All-in-all, we had an great time and would highly recommend this hotel.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2004

After admiring the atmosphere for awhile, we finally decided to stay at Paris, LV...but Never Again!! We went with a group of 10 and had 4 rooms. Not one of us liked the hotel or had a pleasant stay. Every staff person we encountered from the hotel was extremely rude and, in their opinon, never wrong. Our trip started with us being unable to get any of the accommodations that we'd requested and paid for. One room didn't receive maid service. Upon calling down there, they were told that they must have left their sign up (which they hadn't) and that maid service had gone home for the night. At 7:00pm, someone started to clean all the rooms in their hallway - turns out the maid service hadn't gone home and had made the mistake. On another occassion, we called to the buffet to make sure a 2-for-1 promotion was still going.
After being told it was, we went down there and were told that the promotion was not going on and no one would have told us it was. There are many more stories, but it boils down to this. Though the atmosphere might be nice, the horrible service and rude staff more than ruin what the hotel had going for itself.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2004

My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon. Here is the typical rundown on our stay at the Paris Hotel in Las Vegas: We arrived at the Las Vegas Airport at 6:30pm and had the hotel arrange for us to have a limosine waiting to pick us up. The limo never showed. We called the hotel.. they said he was at the airport and we needed to call him and let him know where we were and He would meet us. We obtained the number, called it.. and was greeted with a wrong number. Finally we give up on the limo. Upon arriving at the hotel two hours later, we went to check in and they told us the room we had booked three months in advanced (not to mention payed in full at the time of booking) was doubled booked. We had to wait for 4 hours and 47 minutes before a room was finally ready. Being it was our honeymoon, we had previously booked a suite.. but we ended up in a standard room, with double beds.. we wanted a king. After they told us the room was ready, we went up to it.. discovered it was a standard room, went back down to the desk, explained we already paid for a suite, so we either wanted compensation for our overpayment, or a suite. We werent even asking for money back, we just wanted show tickets or maybe dinner passes, or something.. we knew we'd spend the difference either in casino play or on food or shows, so we were willing to take compensation that way. However, the person at the desk arrgued that we couldnt have paid for the room otherwise they wouldnt have been able to book it.. so we called the credit card company, and they were extremely helpful and explained to the desk clerk that the charge was in fact on our card, for the date that we made the booking, and even gave the clerk the total amount charged, which clearly showed we had paid for a suite for four nights.
She continues to say that there was no possible way they could reimburse us the over charged amount, and we had to accept it. After about twenty minutes of arguing, we called the credit card company..
explained the situation to them, and they removed the charge from the card .. sent a refuse to pay to the hotel, and my new hubby and I left the hotel and found another.. the Luxor, which was much better. As for the hospitality of the Paris Hotel, well.. lets just say, I was called some pretty rotten things.. including a scam artist trying to get a free room.. and that was after the credit card company told the desk clerk that I had already paid in full for the room. Never will I reserve a room there again.

Been to Paris Las Vegas? Share your experiences!