“Another great stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Springfield, Missouri
“Another great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed at Paris Las Vegas in early June, and it was another great experience. This is not a flashy property for the hipster set, but it is a great place for value, convenience, and LOCATION. It's right in the middle of all the sights and activity of the southern Strip, and an easy walk to anything worth seeing in this part of Vegas. Staff is friendly, rooms clean and spacious(especially the bathrooms--they're bigger than the kitchen in my apartment). My favorite restaurant in all of Las Vegas, Mon Ami Gabi, is right in the lobby, so that always makes me love it there even more. The casino has a very high and light ceiling which is unusual for this city, and is a nice change from the norm. All in all, a wonderful property which I plan to stay at again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the mountains and on higher floors are much quieter, if that is important to you, and t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,196)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We booked this hotel and specified a room with a king sized bed. Having had a long flight and spending nearly a whole day travelling door to door, home to Las Vegas, we arrived (11pm local time) to be informed that they did not have a room with a king sized bed and would accommodate us in a queen room overnight and transfer us to later the following day when a king size rookm came available/vacant.
The following day we asked to be transferred only to be informed by the conciege that although we specified a particular format room on booking the hotel are under no obligation to provide what was requested. You can imagine this did not go down well and we were given another room on a higher floor and it seems it was done reluctantly.
The hotel is classed as a four star establishment and, in my opinion, it's been overrated at least one star and I've stayed in much better 2 and 3 establishment around the world.

The common areas (corridor and lobbies) above the casino floor had a perpetual musky smell and I noticed that although the bedrooms were serviced daily the corridor and lobby area were never cleaned during the time we were resident.
The room(s) we were allocated did not face onto Las Vegas Boulevard so were both very quiet and peaceful.
The other issue I had with the hotel is confined to this hotel solely...it centred around the daily resort fee of $20 excluding local tax. Apparently the resort fee is levied to cover the use of the health facility and internet use. However you are not made aware, until when you are settling your bill at checkout, that there is an additional charge for using two devices within any 24 hour period. Becasue access to the internet is via a device's IP addresds It's not possible to use two devices concurrently but if, for example, you logon during the morning using your tablet and them later no during the day you logon using a laptop computer you are charged an additional fee for using another device.
Because every restaurant within the hotel was either booked or has a long queue we chose not dine within the hotel but on a couple of occasions bought a pizza slice or sandwich from one of the 'street' cafe.
The location of the hotel cannot be faulted and it also had good access to public transport (monorail and bus service).
I'd like to return and travel through the Nevada/California area sometime next year but will be avoiding this hotel

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I chose this hotel from the Internet and was a bit apprehensive but when I got there I fell in love with it. Yes there was a longish queue to check in (as is mentioned in some of the reviews) but really it didn't matter as the lobby was so beautiful it was a pleasure to stand there and wait. The staff were very nice and very very helpful. I loved the Paris atmosphere of the ground floor and the little shops and restaurants. I loved the swimming pool area with its huge pool - the valet service was fast and efficient - and I was surprised to find the hotel included an amount for breakfast - although not a large sum - just enough for a coffee and a croissant - it was a bonus - especially as I felt the Hotel charges were so reasonable in fact almost on the cheaper side. The rooms were lovely - the beds were comfy and already I'm back in Australia telling everyone who will listen how beautiful the hotel is. If I ever went back to Las Vegas I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Green Features: I can't really comment on this as I didn't take too much notice. I did note an unusual fitting on the window ledges which appeared to be a vent of some sort to allow air to circulate a bit lie a fan without using electricity.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Beverley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Got an excellent deal here so I suppose I shouldn, t expect something special and I didn,t get anything special.good points first. The location on the strip is excellent, right at the centre of things.free simple breakfasts available at adjacent ballys.excellent show, jersey boys, there.check in was quick and simple.valet parking was convenient and quick.some not so good points.room was very tired with scratch marks over much of the furniture.so called french restaurant, mon ami gabi, although food was ok, and location was excellent, was about as french as yorkshire pudding. I have been to mgm grand, caesars palace, new york new york, trump, and circus circus and all bar circus circus easily beat it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
San Leandro, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We went to Las Vegas for our annual summer fun and spent a night at Paris. We had a great time at the casino playing blackjack and actually came back the night after we checked out. Our room was horrible and that is really hard for me to say since I've stayed at Paris several times and loved my room and the amenities. Our room was on the 15th floor and as soon as we got off the elevator it smelled musty. As we walked down the hall to our room there were at least 4 holes in the wall, wallpaper was peeling off, and the carpet was dirty. When we got in the room it looked so dates, there was blood on the bed skirt, and rust stains on the carpet where the footstool was placed. We decided to check out the next day and went to stay at the Wynn with our friends. Paris needs a complete update. Go to the Mirage same price and much better room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have been traveling to Vegas for 40 years and stayed at as many hotels in Vegas. But now when I go I only stay at the Paris. Three reasons...reasonable rates...location...quality food(most of the time)...my favorite thing to do in Vegas besides gambling..is The Belliago Fountains. Staying at the Paris in a Fountain View Room is half in price than staying at the Belliago..Room service at the Paris is awesome,and the pricing is fair. The beds might not be as comfortable as a five star, but who stays in them long while in Vegas:) The Paris's central location on the Strip makes the fact I don't have to use a car and can get just about everywhere on foot a plus.

The moment you step out of your room...you get that drinking champagne in Vegas feeling.

Room Tip: Enjoy the Fountain View Rooms best.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Astoria oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

If one likes big empty broken dark
And skanky this place will work
Food is not that good. The casino is dark depressing empty and wisely has quick escape to their casino Ballys which adjoins their casino next door.
Did not like this place.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Paris Las Vegas? Share your experiences!