“All good except the dirty window” 5 of 5 stars

HOT RATES! Rooms from $97
Ranked #69 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Arizona
“All good except the dirty window”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2008

Checked in Friday, Feb 8 around 4:30pm and were told that there were only double rooms available. I said that was not acceptable so the gal kept looking and got us a nice king room on the 7th floor that overlooked the pool. We could also see part of the fountains of the Belagio (the rest was blocked by the Effel Tower). The window was so dirty that the view as kind of ruined, otherwise I could have parked myself in front of that window for hours - great people watching at the pool that entertained us to tears. If you don't get the room you want, keep asking-don't settle and a room will eventually "magically" appear. From the other veiws I have read, this seems to be their way of doing business.
Great location in the center of the strip.

• Liked — quiet Room
  • Disliked — Dirty windows
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,726)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2008

Stayed at the Paris for 3 nights (2/15-2/18) and have no complaints. Check in was very easy, few people in line and it went quickly. Was given room "548P" a king bed on a non-smoking floor (which was requested). The room was on a corner and had windows on 2 sides.. the only down side is they both faced parking garages. This wasn't that big of a deal as we were rarely in our room. The bathroom had seperate shower/bath and included a hairdryer and also tolietries (shampoo,conditioner,shower cap, mouth rinse, lotion & shower gel).
Called housekeeping to get an extra blanket and it came in a timely manner.The housekeeping staff did a great job of cleaning the room. Wake up call came when expected. Used the express checkout so can't comment on that but as we were leaving there were only about five people in line.
Over all this was a great hotel to stay at and I would stay here again and recommend to others.

• Liked — The location was great!!
  • Disliked — None
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2008

The Paris Hotel is really nice architecturally. We stayed in one of the standard “luxury” rooms which was fine for us since we arrived at about 1am and were checking out the next morning to move into the Bellagio. We had a nice view of the strip and the bathroom was really nice and big. My only complaint would be that we asked for a king bed and we were given 2 queens instead. The sheets were a little rough but the room served its purpose. We would probably try one of the renovated rooms next time.

We did eat at Le Village Buffet one night and the food was very good. The line was long even though we got there right when it opened for dinner. The service was great. Our server was quite attentive. There were two things I would point out. There is only one restroom (one stall) in the restaurant and the line can be long. I was disappointed that many of the signs in French were wrong. Right when you enter the line to pay for the buffet, there are four signs and all of them were incorrect in some way. I thought it was kind of funny since they obviously went to a lot of hassle in getting many of the other details right.

We didn’t eat breakfast at the hotel because we wanted to try Ellis Island Restaurant which is 2 blocks behind the hotel. It was about a 10 minute walk. They have a steak and eggs breakfast special for $3.99. It’s not on the menu and it’s not on the “specials” board. You have to ask for it. You get a nice size, really tasty steak, cooked the way you want it, 2 eggs, home fries and toast all for $3.99. Plus, I usually won about $20 on the nickel slots after each breakfast so it was always free. The service is friendly and fast and the food is good. You won’t get any eggs benedict here but you’ll get good hearty food.

• Liked — architecture, design, service
  • Disliked — the sheets
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2008

The Paris Hotel and Casino hosted a tremedous SuperBowl weekend. As it turns out, SuperBowl Weekend is one of the busiest times in Las Vegas. I was skeptical about Paris as our Home Base, however given its location, and proximity to Bally's, Caesar's, and Bellagio...how bad could it be? Not to mention as a Total Rewards member, the room nights were comped. So, who's complaining. Well certainly not me. We ended up in the Lemans Suite. Upon arrival the room, we discovered someone else's belongings in the room. The staff worked quickly to fix the "problem" and gave us another LeMans suite on a higer floor that had been renovated. The room was basically a large ~ 700 square feel complete with 50 in. flat screen HDTV with a King bed and the room connected to another room with 2 queens and another 50 in. TV. It is the appoximate size of a normal room ~ 350 Square Feet. This was plenty of room for 2 guys.

The casino was really nice with high ceilings. I liked the theme and really enjoyed gambling there. Drink service was great. Never had to wait.

We played golf a Paiute Golf Club, which is about a 25-30 minute drive. It was about the most affordable course for Super Bowl Weekend. They have 3 courses there, and they're designed by Pete Dye. We played the Wolf course complete with Island green. GIR, but 3-putted. We payed about $135. Nice clubhouse and the course was in good shape. Greens were brown, but rolled fast and true. I was floored by this. They looked terrible, but were the kind of greens you expect when you pay this kind of money.

Anyways, the diamond lounge is very nice and convenient to the casino. We ate breakfast at the restaurant next to the buffet. Can't remember the name, but it was pricey. About $40 for 2. It was good, but would have been happy with a Denny's, Waffle House, or Cracker Barrel type of breakfast and price. Long line for buffet. I have read this in the past, so I don't have a good solution for this.

I liked being connected to Bally's. We gambled there as well. Sometimes they will offer lower table limits. $15 on craps (one table) and $25 on the others. All the tables at Paris are $25 and during busy times will have one that is $50 or $100. BTW, on Sunday night after the game, all the craps tables at Caesar's were $100 and only one $25 table. All of the tables were full.
The crews/dealer's at Paris were very pleasant and helpful. They would get into the action, but the boxmen/pitbosses were mostly standoffish. I like interacting with these guys, but they hardly spoke, even when engaged. It appeared that they simply wanted to be somewhere else. But, they ARE at work. And everyone has their days. Housekeeping was great. I called down at 5 PM for service, went to dinner and 2 hours later had a clean room.

I would recommend Paris to anyone who wants to be in the heart of the strip and likes to gamble in a unique setting. Service, hotel employees, and facilities were great.

BTW, we were lucky enough to get some armbands for their VIP Superbowl party and it was amazing. Can you say, 8 x 20 ft. screens, and all the food and drink you can stand. AWESOME!!!!

I plan on returning in a few months. I can't wait.

• Liked — The Room
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Skipton, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2008

My wife and I travelled to Las Vegas in January 08 for our friends wedding and chose the hotel entirely on the basis that it was handy for the Bellagio where they were getting married.

We have visited Vegas once in the past in 2006 and stayed at the MGM Grand that time in one of their new West Wing rooms so that was our "benchmark" for this trip.

Initial impressions were good - we were efficiently and quickly checked in and offered an upgrade to a "strip view" for $45 extra per night. I wanted a view of the Bellagio fountains so agreed to the upgrade.

I was initially disappointed with the room itself. It did not appear anywhere near as luxurious as the room we'd had at the MGM Grand, however after a good nights sleep I had a good look around and the room was actually quite well appointed. I think the old fashioned decor is by design to give the rooms a "olde world parisian feel".

The rooms have everything you need - even the mini-bar was reasonably priced. (Beer out of the mini-bar was actually cheaper than in the bars in the casino). My only gripe would be that there was no free internet access which I kind of expect nowadays.

We had one issue with a blocked toilet, however we went out in the morning and this had been fixed by the time we returned.

The hotel and casino itself is much easier to navigate than the MGM Grand. The whole place is quite compact by Vegas standards which makes for a nice atmosphere (plus your legs don't hurt as much from walking around).

I can recommend the Paris Creparie for a morning snack - the best crepes I've tasted outside of France.

Overall, Paris has much to recommend it.

• Liked — Compact Size of hotel
  • Disliked — No complimentary internet access
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Paris over the 2007/08 New Year. Though the cost was a little more expensive than during the offpeak season, the cost was well worth it. The rooms were large, spacious and well set out. The bathroom was modern and well set out.

We found the staff service to be freindly and well trained in assiting their guests. The location was perfect right in the heart of 'The Strip' and everything was well within walking distance.

I do warn everyone not to eat at the Planet Hollywood buffet, the linesfor the seafood we're rediculous and the food was probably the worst of all the places we ate.

I also suggest you look at booking through the hotels own website, the prices we're by far cheaper and you also can assure yourself of an upgrade.

• Liked — The location, service, amenities, price
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
Calistoga, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2008

I booked a Romance package to stay in Paris, Las Vegas and would have cared for less hassle and more romance. Upon arrival the front desk line was long and slow. The girl (Marie) who helped us out had a thick accent that was hard to understand. She offered us rooms only with two beds in them (for a romance package, this seems crazy!). Finally, after debating for a few minutes, and being offered suite upgrades for an additional "X" amount of dollars, a room type that we requested "just opened up". It was a handicap room with a kind sized bed. We took it, and upon entering we were very disappointed. It was apparently recently renovated, however looked old, had a terrible shower, small bathroom, and not so good view. Definitely not "romantic" at all. To make things worse, I was walking down the long hallways and peeking into the rooms that were being cleaned and they seemed sooooo much better than ours. We went to the front desk the next morning and asked for room switch. Jerry was very sympathetic to the bad room we had, and upgraded us to a room with a better view. He also started arranging the romance package for us, which turned out to be perfect. From here on out, the stay was great. Lots of champagne and chocolate strawberries! Yum!

• Liked — Romance Pkg
  • Disliked — Mediocre front desk staff.
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Paris Las Vegas? Share your experiences!