“A step below the 5-star properties” 4 of 5 stars

SAVE UP TO 25% OFF!
Ranked #70 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Albany
“A step below the 5-star properties”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

I stayed at the Paris Hotel and Casino because of the free room offer I received from the slot club promotions department. I have stayed at Paris about 6 times before and it is a very comfortable place to stay.
When we arrived the line was about 20 people deep but there were plenty of open check-in windows and we waited less than 15 minutes in line. We were given a room on the 24 floor with a view of Center city and Planet hollywood. The rooms are average size and the bathrooms have a seperate tub and shower. The TV is an old tube type set but we only watched TV when we were changing in the morning or when we returned from the pool to relax for a few hours. I thought the mattress was a bit on the firm side.
The pool is very ordinary but there is no loud music so you can relax without distractions. We never had a problem getting lounge chairs together either.
We did not eat at any of the restaurants on-site so I can't comment about the food.
The casino is small but very comfortable. I had good luck on the slots especially the Deal-or-No-Deal games. I won $200 one night on it. Drink service at Paris is one of the best on the Strip. I never had to wait more than a few minutes for service. Dealers at the tables were a mix of friendly and some non-talkitive types.
I like Paris for the location and the fact it has more of a relaxed atmosphere than most strip properties. I will be staying at Paris again when I return to Vegas in October.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,196)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Central Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

This trip to Vegas I brought my daughter with me. She has never been to Vegas and so this was a treat. Our stay at Paris Las Vegas was a treat too. Check in was a breeze. Locating the room was just as easy! I have stayed at many of the larger casino hotels in Vegas and have had to use a map through the casino floor every time to be able to find my room! At the Paris, there was the central core and that's it! The lobby elevators were quick and always immediately available. The room was a standard two queen beds. The view we got was not the best because of the deal we got for the price of the room. But then, who stays in the room except to sleep when you are in Vegas? Even the room service food was fabulous -- try their chicken salad on a croisannt! This was the only meal we ate inside the room -- after "miles" of walking on the Strip and we were too exhausted to even trip downstairs! The buffet was good; not great, and the wait for it on a Saturday was nearly an hour. Get in line BEFORE you get hungry. In summary, the location was great on the Strip, locating the room was easy and the service was great.. Enjoy!

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Sudbury, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights from the 26th of August. Room was clean and comfortable with a large 4 piece bathroom. Our room was loud on Saturday at around lunch time as we were just above the pool and there was loud music and a lot of people there. Casino is lively and fun but smoky (no surprise there). Lots of places to eat and everywhere we did stop was fine. Central location is excellent; Bellagio Fountain across the street and in plain view. Monorail is a good deal if you plan on hopping to different hotels.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I just returned from my Las Vegas trip where we stayed at Paris. This was my second visit to Paris and still definitely enjoyed it, but I think the hotel and casino in general need some "polishing". The french theme is beautiful throughout every bit of the property. So it's hard to say that things look "dated" but things do need to be cleaned up/polished just a little bit. For example, I have been coming to Vegas for about 15 years now and have seen and heard that several other hotels have been upgraded... I have not heard of or noticed any upgrades at Paris yet. In our "luxury room" (which is the basic room at the hotel), some of the lampshades were missing some embellishments. The nooks and crannies in the bathroom mirror needed cleaned out a little bit. Some of the wallpaper was peeling a bit. Our king sized bed seemed crooked and it was very uncomfortable compared to the super comfortable queen beds in a friend's room there! The mini bar was empty and you couldn't use the fridge for your own items. To me, none of these are a big deal, but I know there are some people out there that would find this unacceptable.

The Cafe Ile St. Louis was very yummy and reasonably priced at about 10:30 at night, but breakfast was expensive and not what I was looking for. The buffet always had hugely long lines, so I never ate at it. The Burger Brasserie food was good, although pricey for burgers and fries. I did, however, have the best vanilla milkshake I've ever had in my life there!!! I also did not eat at the "La Pizza" joint, but the pizza looked and smelled so good every time we walked by! The $17 strawberry daquiri in the Eiffel Tower container was awesome, and quite an eye catcher. Get it at Gustav's Bar while there. Most of the restaurants are also true to the french theme, but do seem to offer a nice menu.

The casino is small doesn't seem to offer a big variety of traditional slot machines. There are tons of different new video slot machines. The scenery like a french street is charming though.

Definitely ride to the top of the Eiffel Tower! This was one of the highlights of my entire trip - as many times as I've been to Vegas this was my first Eiffel Tower trip. You can see so much of the strip from the top, and we could see the Bellagio fountains from the top too! It was a neat activity to do.

There are convenience shops in the hallway, plus other shops between Paris and Ballys. Be prepared to pay about $3.50 for a bottle of water or pop!

Check in was surprisingly quick, I didn't even have to wait in a line! I did check out through the phone because the option to check out via the television didn't work. (Just another small example of how the room is "almost dated".)

All in all I enjoyed my stay here and was pleasantly surprised at the great rate I was able to get during my stay. I paid much more the first time I stayed... I must have just picked a good time to go. But after staying here twice over the years, I'd probably pick a different hotel to try next time - mostly just for something different.

Au revoir, Paris Las Vegas!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Coquitlam, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

This is one hotel I will never use again when in Vegas.
Found shaving hair on my pillow and hair in bathroom, this is when we checked in.
Staff was very slow to resolve this and while we were waiting for belle boy to bring us a key to our new room. The hotel staff gave this room to another couple after I complained. The staff gave the room away without cleaning it. This hotel only cares about money and that's it. Oh well, I lost out this time but they will lost us for life. Hope you value my opinion and not be dispointed like we were.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

The Paris Hotel and Casino, part of the Harrah's group, is okay but not much of a treat. The lobby, shops and restaurant decor is of course French, although barely. At check-in you are told you can upgrade your room for $40 a night, only to find out that "upgrade" is a euphamism for "one of the renovated rooms" as v. a room yet to be redone. Staff is very pleasant. Food is as un-French as it gets. You don't get better food simply because it is given a French equivalent name. Very disappointing. Weak, weak coffee everywhere. At every outlet the croissant and breads are no better than day old stuff at the local 7-Eleven. Pastries are delicious, though, and a good value. The casino is moderately updated but languishes as "same old, same old" Vegas. You might expect a special stay at Paris but they simply do not deliver. SUGGESTION: If you can get a good room rate, terrrific. Paris has clean rooms (at least the renovated ones) and the location gives you access to the best on the Las Vegas strip. So, grab a reasonable price and stay at Paris - but with an eye for using the hotel as a point of departure for the better offerings just minutes away by foot in either direction.

Room Tip: Use the discount sites for Paris for good room rates and ask at check-in for a renovated room.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Hackettstown, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Wi-Fi is not free in the room. Really? It's 2011, this is a no-brainer. Check-in is slow if you are not a preferred guest. Front Desk, in general, not helpful or friendly (did I suddenly time travel to France?). The concessions around the elevators to the rooms are crowded and busy; they run out of popular items quickly, like a newspaper or yogurt. Restaurants are hit and miss: Mon Ami: good food; spotty service. The Crepe Place: long lines; dispassionate service. The buffet is excellent, but inefficiently run. Go across to the Bellagio or down to the Monte Carlo for equally great selections in a better-run environment. The Paris Las Vegas is a three stars hotel and does not try to exceed those expectations. Shame on the Paris, in this economy!
Bright spot: housekeeping.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Paris Las Vegas? Share your experiences!