“A great surprise!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites

You added Baymont Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4055 Palos Verdes Street, Las Vegas, NV 89119 (Formerly Blackstone Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #117 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Glendale, Arizona
“A great surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The outside of the Baymont is an unassuming gray block of concrete, but inside the place is modern and clean. The bedding is comfortable and of good quality, and the bath has thick towels, a bonus in a place that's so inexpensive. Staff was helpful and friendly, from the front desk to the breakfast counter to the cleaning staff. What we liked most was the security. We were hauling a trailer loaded with bikes and kayaks, and the Baymont offers secured parking with key access as well as key access to elevators. Breakfast was okay, varied but bland, and the location is great, very close to the strip. We also enjoyed the fact that several good restaurants are a couple minutes walk away.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Turkish first
Palm Springs, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

A modern, clean, new type hotel just off the intersection of Paradise Rd and Flamingo Rd. Rooms were fine with comfortable queen size beds and a writing/work area. Underground parking requires a room key for access and has easy access to elevator.

Free WiFi was free but horrible in terms of bandwidth and access on a Fri-Sat-Sun. So poor that went to external cell data connections most of time. However, on monday, all tourist groups left including one large group of younger Japanese and the bandwidth increased to useable levels. Hotel said they expected improvement in service over weekend (didn't happen) but monday with very empty hotel, wifi worked ok.

Also they provide a free continental breakfast. On Sat-Sun mornings crowds so big we both gave up trying to eat. Only 1 toaster for heating toast and frozen waffles. Coffee, juice, milk, cereal and bagels to be had but they continually ran out of everything. Seemed unprepared for the crowd who mostly showed up in 9-10 am span.

TV service was the most minimal I'd every seen. No ESPN, no movie channels, but all Fox channels, not a plus for me, and several kids channels.

Room Tip: All rooms on 5 floors share a common corridor on every floor. Even numbered rooms are on north side...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This hotel has gone down hill in the last couple months. From what staff said, there ais a new manager and he is ruining the place. The room wasn't clean at check in. Towels were threadbare, frayed, and had holes. TV reception was spotty. Pool was filthy with cigarette butts floating on the surface. Exercise room was dirty, and 2 of the cardio machine were inoperable. Only one elevator was working. Looking at prior reviews the elevator has been out of order since mid June. Two of the four ice machines at the hotel were out of order. The general condition of the hotel was run down. Trash receptacles in the hallways and parking garage were over flowing throughout my stay. And don't even think about eating at the continental breakfsst. Save yourself some aggravation, move on. Oh, and the airport shuttle has been discontinued, adding $50 to the cost of staying here if you fly in. Get the idea?

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I've stayed at this Baymont Inn many times. This trip was a nightmare. It began when I landed at the airport, and called for the hotel shuttle. I was told the service had been discontinued a week earlier, now I'm looking at a $25 cab fare, each way. Upon entering my room it stunk. The bathroom had not been cleaned, and the toilet was plugged up. Got that problem fixed. Now its down to the pool. Uck. Cigarette butts floating around and the water is murky. Now I remember, the pool area is the only place smoking is allowed on the property. Plan B is to use the exercise room. But its filthy, and the two cardio machines are out of order. Talking with staff, I discover the hotel has a new manager. He has been on the job 30 days. How can anyone run what was a nice property into the ground in 30 days? Needless to say, I won't be staying at this Baymont Inn again. Hopefully the hotel owners fix the management problem soon.

Room Tip: "Book a different hotel"
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Barstow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Clean and secure(need hotel key for elevator) hotel. Bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows. Water pressure in the shower was great. Did stay for breakfast had to leave early for the airport, which is only 5 minutes away. Yes I would stay ay this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This hotel has it's positives and negatives for sure. I did a Hotwire (blind) deal and this is where I landed. Upon booking and reading some of the reviews I became a little anxious, but upon arrival I was pleasantly surprised. So, let's get the negatives out of the way:

* Distance from the strip/location - It's a far walk and pretty far off the strip. As a female traveling alone this was not ideal. I was there for a convention at the MGM Grand and I had to be there very early in the morning until very late at night. This meant lots of Taxi rides, which added up and gave a slap to my wallet. The area wasn't horrible, but it also wasn't great.

* Shuttle - one of the reasons I booked this hotel was because of the supposed shuttle from the airport. Finding out there wasn't a shuttle started things off on the wrong foot. That's $40 right off the bat I didn't plan on spending (Taxi to and from the hotel, with tip)

Those were the two major negatives I experienced. Others have mentioned $10 refrigerator rentals and only one working elevator but for me neither of these were a big deal. I heard most of the hotels in Vegas don't offer refrigerators in room and some even charge daily. $10 for 4 days was nothing. Also, I didn't have to fight a huge crowd for the elevator so that was a non-issue for me. It's a small hotel and I spent less time waiting for the elevator there than I did at the casinos with their bays of elevators.

The positives:

* The staff was wonderful! I dealt with three different front desk people while there and they were all extremely helpful, friendly, personable, efficient, and adept. While I don't remember the girls' names - the gentleman who helped me on my last night, and during checkout in the morning, was named Chris and he was absolutely fabulous.

* Taxi Service - while taking taxis was not in the budget, the taxi service was excellent. All the drivers arrived quickly, were friendly, and drove to my location quickly and with no jerking me about. The front desk calls for a taxi for you and within moments they arrive. Very little hassle and no stress.

* The Room - The room was nicely sized and very clean. The bathroom was as well. I absolutely loved the room I stayed in and it was actually nicer than some bigger named hotels I've stayed in. And the bed was INCREDIBLE.

* Quiet - I read people complaining about noise but I genuinely have no idea what they're talking about. I never once heard a siren, nor did I hear a peep from anyone anywhere. My room was cool, dark and quiet.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!