We made a reservation at this hotel for two rooms, each with two beds per room because we have six people in our family. We reserved the rooms by phone by calling the hotel directly. Our rate was 59.00 per night. Upon our arrival, I was told they were giving us two rooms with one king bed in each. I explained that is not what we reserved and I was told that's all they had left. They oversold the rooms with two beds. Two king beds for six people was clearly not going to work. After waiting 10-15 minutes for this to get taken care of, a man who I would assume was the manager came over and explained they were out of rooms with two beds but he was going to give me the two rooms with a king in each room for 25.00 each. While I appreciated that, it still didn't solve the problem of two beds for six people. He was very polite and apologetic, even called the hotel next door to see if they could accommodate us with no luck.
Being in Las Vegas on a busy weekend without a place to stay was stressful to say the least. We went to several other hotels before finding a place about 15 minutes away that could accommodate us. We ended up spending more money on our new accommodations but were grateful not to be homeless in Vegas.
While I do greatly appreciate the manager trying to remedy the situation, I still have to wonder why hotels oversell
their rooms. I thought the point of making a reservation was to reserve the room/rooms. This was a head scratcher for sure. We will not be staying here or at any other Baymont properties.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Las Vegas Hotel
- Holiday Inn Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located minutes from McCarran International Airport (LAS) and 1 mile from the Las Vegas Convention Center. The Holiday Inn Las Vegas South is just moments away from the famous 'Las Vegas Strip.' Guests visiting Las Vegas for business or pleasure can easily access the I-15 and I-95 routes to our hotel. We make comfort a top priority with our full service restaurant, relaxing guest lounge, pool, fitness center, free high-speed wireless Internet in each guest room and lobby and the use of our business center that is available 24 hours a day. Local businesses, universities, and attractions near hotel: UNLV, IBM, Triaga, Konami Gaming, IGT, Pepsi, American Family Insurance, MGM, Excalibur, Luxor, New York New York, Belz Outlet Center, Town Square and Fashion Show Shopping Center. Planning your next meeting, sports tournament or family reunion in Las Vegas? We offer meeting and conference services. Let our experienced sales staff coordinate your next meeting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Wyndham, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.