“Good Food, Fun Night” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tao Restaurant and Nightclub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #153 of 3,967 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spring Mt Rd.
Description: Guests are transported from the City of Sin to the Pacific Rim inside TAO Asian Bistro, a 44,000 square-foot, multi-story “Asian City” housing a restaurant, banquet facilities, lounge and nightclub. Lush velvets and silks, waterfalls and century-old woods and stones accentuate the experience, and the restaurant’s signature 20-foot Buddha watches over every corner of the restaurant while floating peacefully above an infinity pool complete with Japanese koi. Corporate Executive Chef Ralph Scamardella has developed a menu for the 400-seat restaurant by incorporating culinary components from China, Japan and Thailand. Signature dishes include offerings from sea, sky and land including Chilean Sea Bass Satay with Wok Roasted Asparagus, a preparation of Peking Duck that consistently receives accolades, and Kobe Beef Shabu Shabu along with a full sushi bar.
Park City, Utah
“Good Food, Fun Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My friends and I were staying at the Venetian, so we decided to give Tao a try. The restaurant atmosphere is great - good mood lighting, great decor. We had a reservation and were seated promptly. There was a saxophone player roaming through the restaurant and stopping to play at the different tables. When he came by our table, we told him that it was our friend's birthday, so he played a jazz version of "Happy Birthday". He was fantastic. The food at TAO is very good. Our group ordered several sushi rolls to share. The rolls were not the best that we have ever had, but were still quite good. We also ordered some of the special martinis, and those were excellent. At around 10pm, the music gets louder in the restaurant, and people start arriving in huge numbers and lining up to go the club. There is quite a "buzz" at Tao and lots of energy. We finished dinner at around 11pm, and we decided to try the nightclub. It was a bit of a "process" to get to the club after dinner, and it did seem a little ridiculous. We got our hand stamped at the table and thought that we could just go upstairs to get into the club after dinner...but when we went upstairs the security guard said that we needed our "other" hand stamped and that we needed to go back down two floors to get that other stamp and have our IDs checked. So we went back down, stood in a short line, had our IDs checked, got our other hand stamped, and then went back upstairs to get into the club.
We were there on a Saturday night and the club was packed. There were lots of hallways, dance floors and different rooms, lots of private booths, VIP areas, and bar areas. It was packed with people to the point where it was difficult to move. We tried to get onto one of the many dance floors but we simply could not cut through the crowds. We found a spot to dance, but it was so crowded that it was uncomfortable. After a while, we decided to go down to the main floor of the restaurant and get a booth by the bar instead. In summary, TAO is a fun spot - good food, and busy nightclub - but it was way, way too crowded.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Mediocre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I have been wanting to eat at Tao and go to the nightclub for several months. On my last trip to Vegas, I finally made the time. We ate downstairs first, and received complimentary access to the nightclub. The food was good, but in my opinion overpriced. My orange chicken was similar to something you would get at PF Changs. Our server was not very attentive, and seemed to focus more on the bigger table next to us who were ordering tons of alcohol and several rounds of food. We asked for tap water along with our cocktails, and still had not received it when the main course arrived. When we told him, he blamed someone else. I will definitely return to the nightclub but will probably just pay for admission.

California
“Great Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We went to Tao to celebrate our anniversary. The atmosphere was excellent. Service was excellent. Food was excellent. The only complaint I have is the server didn't t acknowledge our Anniversary. I like when they decorate the desert with Happy Anniversary for photos. When the manager checked on us I mentioned it and he sent over two glasses of champagne. We did go into the nightclub. The music was great and it was fun to people watch. The only negative is it is way to crowded. We had a great night.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sao Paulo, SP
“Just go there for the dinner, not to party”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

TAO Restaurant was a nice surprise. We thought that the price was going to be too high for an average food, but the price was ok and the food was very delicious. The ambiance is lively and the service is very nice.
After the dinner we headed to the nightclub and than we had some problems. We are from Brazil and two girls who were with me were carrying the copies of their passports instead of the real ones because they were afraid to lose them (which already happened with me once which gave me lots of trouble to return to Brazil), but the security at the front door didn't let them in with that. We thought that it was a very hypocrite atitude because they were clearly over 21 yrs old (actually they are over 30!) and we all had already drank alcohol during our dinner at the same establishment and no one asked for any ID.
Also, in the nightclub we had problems with securities who were unpolite all the time, pushing us from their way. As the dance floor was too crowded and we were a party of 6 (initially a party of 8, but the two girls could not get in), being 3 couples, we decided to stay at the sides of the dance floor, so we could have more space. However, there are many VIPs areas around the club and apparently you cannot stay close to them. Everythime we were standing close to a VIP area the a security guard came and pushed us away as we have a disease or something. It was so ridiculous that the owner of one of the VIP areas came to us to say that he was not agreeing with that and he would talk to the security because it was not that we were almost inside the VIP area, because we were not. We were just near. Anyway, we told him not to bother and followed our way to find some other spot.
At sometime during the night I was standing close to another VIP area at the mezzanine which was near the bar. We were close to the VIP area because there were many people at the bar and many people passing by behind us. Once again, the security went to us to say that we should give a step behind not to be close to the VIPs and I tried to argue that the flow of people was between the bar and the area we were standing. Look, I work with events organization for more than 10 years. I have organized events for more than 100 thousand people and I know (and I think it's pretty obvious) the the flow of people is always between the bar and the obstacle (walls, VIP areas, whatever). I mean, the flow is in the middle. If we stepped back we were be in the middle of the flow. But apparently it cannot be argued with people with minnor power and little brain as the security guard. He tried to take me out of the nightclub for that and I was just trying to talk to him. Well, he and another 2 securities took me out (3 securities for me, a girl with 1,60m height) and my husband went there with me. When we were outside another security guard, this time very nice and very polite asked me to tell him what happened. I told the history and he let me in again but by that time all I wanted to do was go back to my hotel room. The night was over.
So, to sum up: the restaurant is delicious and our experience there were perfect. The nightclub is beautiful with very nice music and good drinks but the security guards can ruin your night.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“good flavors but super salty!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We went to Tao for dinner on a friday late night, hoping to get into Tao nightclub for free, didn't know there is a minimum order you have to get (has to be from certain section of the menu as well) in order to get into the night club for free. Whatever, that is fine, even though probably would cost us girls way less(or free) to go to the club without spending a fortune for dinners first. Anyway, we got 2 special rolls (soft shell crab and shrimp,king crab with asparagus), thai buddha chicken (good flavors abit salty), coconut shrimp in spicy thai peanut sauce (again great flavors and portion, but salty), new york sirloin with shiitake mushrooms (AGAIN, great flavors but even saltier!!!) Services were great but super salty! I am chinese so I eat alot of very flavorful and salty food, and trust me when I say this is salty, I mean it! All the girls were quench with thirst at the club later, my mouth were so dry after that even after chucking 2 glasses of water down, I was still really thirsty. Didn't give me much room left to drink alcohol at all. I don't know if they did it on purpose so you would buy more drinks but surely didn't work for us, all we wanted was water! Other than that, Tao was a great club to go to, we had fun!

Visited February 2013