“A STAFF THAT WANTS TO MAKE YOU HAPPY !!!!” 5 of 5 stars

$50 Daily Credit
Ranked #52 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“A STAFF THAT WANTS TO MAKE YOU HAPPY !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

what a great 'resort' off the strip with terrific food, an 'awesome' work out area and spa and a staff that is always friendly.

i find this quite unusual for casinos in vegas - employees seems to enjoy their job and your happiness and often remember your name.

the rooms are spacious and clean and if you get a strip view it's amazing.

if you need a casino host valerie jefferies always wears a smile, follows through and is willing to help ...

if you stay ... you'll be glad you did.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
Raleigh, Nc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I've stayed at this property a few times, and generally have been pleased. However, this past stay they gave me a room that was apparently next to a maid's hallway and elevator. From about 5:30 a.m. until about 10 a.m., there was an almost constant slamming of doors and we could hear the maids talking. We had been up late the night before and I really could have used some sleep, but it was impossible with that racket. If you stay here, the maid's hallway and elevators are apparently not on the floorplan that is provided to the desk clerks at all, and I had to argue with the front desk staff about the hallway's existence...I had seen the door open, and could see the hallway with the laundry carts and the elevator doors, with maids walking in and out. When I asked the front desk to move my room, they said there were no rooms left and gave me 5,000 Marriott points instead (you need 30,000 points for a night at that resort). Additionally, the carpet in my room next to the bed was inexplicably wet, and the room was definitely showing its age with peeling wall paper and fraying carpet. This room was in bad need of updating. That being said, the property is generally very nice, and I like the spa there. Unlike most other Vegas spas, there is actually a decent area that is coed, so you can enjoy the pool, hot tub, sauna and steam room with your opposite-sex partner. The single-sex areas of the spa are also quite nice. The breakfast buffet is excellent, if expensive ($20 per person), so if you can find a good deal that includes the breakfast buffet, it's worth it.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a quiet room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Western Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We ate here several times and while I am not a big buffet fan I certainly loved this one. There are lots of deals available if you get a Players card and then you can get it down to about $9 per person. Everything was fresh and the dining area was kept clean.

connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

I spent five nights at this hotel on business. It was an all around an excellent experience. I look forward to the next opportunity to stay here. Service was outstanding, consistently so. There are many opportunities for outside activities which I did not do. Also some pleasant hikes which I did do. Food was good, cost not cheap but not objectionable either.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hempstead, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Although I'm a lifetime Platinum member, I rarely have the opportunity to stay at JW properties. I was so looking forward to my stay, however I've never been so disappointed and let down by a Marriott property. First, there was no mobile check in available. Second, the front desk clerk was rude, snotty and did her very best to make me feel unwelcome. When I asked if there was a concierge lounge, she sneered and told me "we're a resort, so obviously the answer is no". My room was in The Palms building, at the very end of the corridor. The hallway was long, dark, smelled musty and had dated carpeting. My room was large, but with very outdated furnishings, low wattage light bulbs and the wallpaper in the bathroom was damaged in multiple spots. I only had a bathmat on day one. For the remainder of my stay I had to use a hand towel when stepping out of the shower. I think I discovered why . . . when I went to the gym, instead of towels, the basket was filled with folded up bathmats. Speaking of the gym, it is a creepy facility in a guest room with treadmills from the 1990's and very little equipment. Not what I was expecting from a property that has the word spa in its name! On two separate ocassions I tried to call Guest Services and the phone just rang and rang. And when I received my bill under my door, I was charged for a bottle of water that I never even touched, let alone drank! This property has some serious customer service and remodeling issues and didn't come anywhere near meeting my expectations. I've stayed at nicer Courtyards!! I'm still loyal to Marriott but will cross this property off my list and certainly won't be recommending it to anyone. Stear clear!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Anthony_JWFOM, Front Office Manager at JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort, Spa & Golf, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thank you for reaching out to us and allowing us the opportunity to address the items mentioned; my main concern about your stay was the unacceptable customer service you had to endure during your arrival and overall stay with us – this too, disappoints me.

I/we have addressed your concerns, and I could only have done so with your assistance by expressing your frustrations – thank you. In our direct correspondence, I hope to have conveyed to you the brand confidence and culture of Marriott and that you continue to enjoy our hotels.

Respectfully
Castle Rock, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife and I had such a wonderful experience at this JW Marriott. We have been volunteering at the Shriner's Hospitals for Children Open at TPC Summerlin for years and this time we decided to stay in Summerlin. The tournament is a PGA event and one of the largest fundraisers for the hospitals, so it is an important trip for us. It was the right choice to stay at the JW Marriott. The trip was just perfect.

Volunteering all day took it out of both of us, but we were able to recharge our batteries every night. It was nice to come back to this property after a long day. We felt comfortable from the start of the trip. The staff was attentive to our needs, from the front desk to housekeeping. The rooms are that classic "JW Marriott" comfortable.

We also liked the selection of restaurants at the resort. It was a bonus not having to leave the property once for a good meal. In fact, I highly recommend Shizen... the sushi and teppanyaki was terrific.

I have been traveling to Las Vegas for almost 20 years and have stayed at a lot of properties. This was a different experience that was very enjoyable. We were close enough to travel to Fremont St and The Strip, but far away from the headaches that are associated with both.

My wife had a great time at their spa, while I went to the sports book. That was such a perfect combination for us. We were able to go our own way for a few hours before dinner that night.

I am tempted to call this a hidden jewel in Las Vegas, but I think the word has already gotten out.

We are looking forward to next year's tournament and booking another stay here.

Room Tip: I would ask to face East for that you can get a good view of the neon at night.
Santa Barbara, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

As soon as we walked into the lobby we smelled cigarette smoke and it persisted throughout our stay, even in the halls and rooms (ours was non smoking). We stayed in the "Spa Tower" and suffered from allergic reactions for all 5 days of our stay. We were miserable!

As might be expected, it was a nice Marriott but the cigarette smoke smell overshadowed all other amenities.

Green Features: Smell of cigarette smoke everywhere we went. Evidence of poor air circulation?
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort, Spa & Golf? Share your experiences!