I want to thank thank the staff at the JW for making my 50th birthday celebration everything I wanted it to be and more. Everything, from the hospitality to the amenities, was perfect. So much so that I turned my wife from a Vegas detractor to a Vegas lover.
The key to changing her mind was having the Marriott as the centerpiece of our trip.
I have been coming to Las Vegas at least once a year for the last 10 years but getting my wife to come was like pulling teeth. So much so, she didn't care if I went by myself or with friends. She has been to Vegas before on business but stayed on the Strip and had to fight through the big hotels and the big crowds. For this trip, I told her I would take care of all the arrangements and told her to sit back and relax. She was skeptical but the further away we moved away from the city and got closer to Summerlin, the more she kept saying this doesn't feel like Vegas. When we finally got to the resort, she said "wow."
This hotel is not for everybody. Especially the people looking for that constant high energy vibe. There is no theme, no fountains, no hype. Just an elegant, well appointed setting away from it all. If you do want the big buzz, the strip is just 15 minutes down the road. We were able to hit the strip a few times for meals and we went to the Premium Outlet Mall just north of the strip for all of her shopping needs.
But when we were finished with all of that, we both enjoyed knowing that we would be coming back to our Marriott location. The Sunday jazz brunch, Connie's yoga classes and the poolside cabana had my wife wishing she could spend an extra day in town and asking if we can come back next year.
I'm not sure if the JW can do any better for my 51st birthday, but I'm more than willing to give them a shot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Las Vegas Resort Hotel located 20 minutes from the Las Vegas Strip covering 54 lushly landscaped acres in the premier golf neighborhood of Summerlin. The resort features an award-winning spa, Vegas-style casino, 8 restaurants, an 11,000 square foot waterfall pool, and a conference facility with 100,000 sq.ft. of flexible indoor/outdoor function space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, Marriott, Odigeo, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort, Spa & Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Las Vegas Resort, Spa And Golf
- Jw Marriott Las Vegas Resort, Spa & Golf Hotel Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Marriott