I had a conference during the week in Vegas and used that as a reason to get a long weekend with my wife beforehand. The JW Marriott is the perfect place to stay for a trip like that if you find the main strip a little overwhelming. The staff and facility are incredible here! The rooms are probably the best Marriott rooms I have stayed in. Huge beautiful bathrooms and large rooms. Here are some tips:
1) There is no coneirge lounge for elite members, but the give you access to the spa as your gym. This is a great perk as the spa has a wonderful gym, great whirlpools and steam rooms/sauna. You have to take 1-2 hours each day to really enjoy this perk and relax. The staff appreciates tips as well and do a great job keeping it clean and organized.
2) You really should have a car if you come out here. It will allow you to go to the local grocery store and explore the shops around. There is a great loquor store called Total Wine nearby. In addition, there are two movie theaters close by. Parking is free and easy. So a car is recommended.
3) For you nature enthusiasts, Red Rock Canyon conservation area is a gem. It is only about 15 minutes away and the drive alone is great, but if you park and go for one of the many hikes it is even better. Entrance is only $7 per vehicle. A must do we think!
4) There is a shuttle to the strip that is free if you want to grab dinner and a drink and not worry about driving. We caught the 5pm shuttle out and the 10pm shuttle back and it was great timing. They leave right at 10, so don't be late. Again, the driver appreciates tips and also provided some great Vegas trivia on the way.
5) Like many Vegas hotel it is spread out, so especially if you are in the Palm tower, you will walk alot.
So overall, this place is wonderful for a relaxing couples weekend. I highly recommend it and especially if you are using rewards points, I honestly can't think of a better place to use them.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Las Vegas Resort, Spa And Golf
- Jw Marriott Las Vegas Resort, Spa & Golf Hotel
- Jw Marriott Las Vegas Resort, Spa & Golf Hotel Las Vegas
- Jw Marriott Las Vegas
- Marriott Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Las Vegas Resort Hotel located 20 minutes from the Las Vegas Strip covering 54 lushly landscaped acres in the premier golf neighborhood of Summerlin. The resort features an award-winning spa, Vegas-style casino, 8 restaurants, an 11,000 square foot waterfall pool, and a conference facility with 100,000 sq.ft. of flexible indoor/outdoor function space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelsClick, Venere and Tingo so you can book your JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort, Spa & Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.