“the best way to race without racing actual race cars...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pole Position Raceway - Indoor Karting

Pole Position Raceway - Indoor Karting
4175 S. Arville, Las Vegas, NV 89103 (Paradise)
702-227-7223
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Expedia
Book a Tour
Ranked #77 of 267 Attractions in Las Vegas
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Amusement Parks
More attraction details
Owner description: Pole Position Raceway is the premiere indoor motorsports experience in Las Vegas. Located one mile west of the Las Vegas Strip, the climate-controlled facility is home to the fastest indoor karts in the United States. It features a fully air-conditioned 1/4-mile track, adult & kids karts, and a real motorsports museum that's free to the public. NASCAR Champ Kurt Busch said "Pole Position Raceway is the place for indoor karting."
Las Vegas, Nevada
146 attraction reviews
“the best way to race without racing actual race cars...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

went to pole position vegas with my 8 year old son and had an absolute blast. it's not the cheapest thing to do in town, but to me it is well worth it. they alternate between adult and kid races so the kids aren't getting plowed by grown men. i've ridden all kinds of go-karts at different places, and i can tell you, they are all horrible compared to the go-karts at pole position. these things are fast and corner sharply. you go flying down the track, and the first time is a little intimidating. but after you get the hang of it you realize that it really is very safe and pretty hard to hurt yourself so you can go nutty speed racer.

for those with kids you have to be at least 48" to drive. my son had never been in a go-kart before but immediately caught on and ended up finishing in the top 5 in each of his races. he absolutely LOVED it. as a parent, nothing makes you happier than if your kid is delighted.

we will definitely be back for more.

Visited July 2011

Ventura, California
“Fun but staff needs to be trained better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

I found pole position raceway online and thought it would be a great thing to do for an upcoming Vegas trip. I called the Arville location directly and spoke with an employee there to ask a few questions:

"I see that you offer a strip shuttle. Do you pick-up from the Excalibur?" (Yes we do. Just call us about 20-30 minutes before you want to get picked up)

"We're planning on coming in on Monday 2/14 - how late are you open?" (11pm)

Now THIS is where the training needs to take place. When I called and specifically asked about the shuttle and how late the raceway was open - the employee SHOULD have told me that the shuttle service only ran until 5pm that particular day.

I was really excited to take my boyfriend and thought that it was awesome that they offered shuttle service since they were off the strip - cabs in Vegas can get expensive.

I called for a pickup on Monday 2/14 around 4:30pm. I was promptly told, "Our shuttle service only runs until 5pm. We can pick you up but you'll have to call a cab to get back to your hotel."

WHATTT??? Had we known this we would have planned to go earlier in the the day!

I didn't want to dissappoint my boyfriend who was really looking forward to racing so I scheduled the pickup, we did one race and then I paid $19 for a cab back to our hotel. Racing was fun but the shuttle issue kind of ruined my experience. We planned to do two races but we opted for one since we knew we'd be paying for a cab.

I won't be going back.

Visited February 2011
Texas
39 attraction reviews
“Totally fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

This was a fantastic activitiy to do with the family. The male adults & kids ALL enjoyed this attraction! The men probably enjoyed it more than the kids!!! Yes, it's expensive but we were able to get a coupon and got a good deal!

Arlington, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
“Lots of fun, but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Went here with a group of 8 guys for a bachelor party. Operation was professional, carts fast, and track challenging. My sole complaint was the cost. Even after our coupon it was about $70 a person for three fast sessions. On the up side, they did have a free shuttle from our hotel, which saved us cab fare. If you aren't concerned about cost, you should have a blast.

Henderson, NV
“Save Your Money! $5/minute is Crazy!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

Want a twelve lap race? $30 please!

And don't try bringing a coupon. They'll come up with some restriction that makes it invalid.

This place is mildly entertaining but WAY too expensive and the people that work here are ridiculous. Totally not worth it. Most angering, to me, is that they control the karts wirelessly so if for some reason the race marshal doesn't like you (or is friends with one of the other racers) he or she can slow your kart to a CRAWL to let the other racers pass you. It's completely bogus and the young 20-somethings love to abuse this power and laugh about it amongst themselves when they stop your car almost each one of your $2.50 laps.

Save your money. If you need to race, go to Fast Lap.