“Charming” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
“Charming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner here on Saturday with friends. We were seated quickly. The menus is nice and not overcrowded with items. The bone in pork chops were excellent (I had spicy 4) and the calibrese was also very good. They off a lot of groupon and restaurant.com discounts.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Las Vegas, Nevada
“GREAT FOOD AND GREAT AMBIANCE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Mostly a pleasure. The menu was diverse and interesting with unusual and delicious pasta offerings as well as a great steak with a tasty cream sauce.

Two problems, however. The first visit was for a business lunch. Unfortunately the hostess was no where to be seen. I had to look for her to seat us. After that it was a good experience and good service.

On the second visit I returned with my husband for dinner. It was a busy Friday night and there was no wait. However the menu listed asparagus with the steak which was one of the reasons I ordered it. They substituted squash without explanation. When I inquired, the waiter quipped, "that's way too expensive these days."

Probably true given the prices charged (a real bonus - the prices are great,) Better to advise us up front, however.

Nonetheless, we intend to return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
LAS VEGAS, NV
“COULD BE SO MUCH MORE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had dinner at Mezzo with a friend. We arrived around 6pm on a Tuesday and it wasn't too busy. Although we got our drinks quickly, nothing else was served swiftly. In fact, the waiter didn't take our order until we had been there almost a full 45 minutes. I got the feeling that they were promoting a relaxed, laid back atmosphere but that was really too long to wait. The food was adequate but nothing that left me feeling amazed. I enjoyed their spinach with crab dip but was perplexed when they gave us three pieces of bread with the appetizer when there was two of us. Would've thought they would figure out that an even number of pieces would be better?? I guess I expected more from the entire experience, and definitely didn't plan on dinner taking 3 1/2 hours!! I might try it again on a Groupon but probably not otherwise.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Nice little Italian spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Definitely a surprise in a place not expected to have a great little eatery. We have had their pizzas, and the eggplant parmesan. A very nice wine and beer selection. The food is reasonably priced, quite tasty and the atmosphere is lovely. The pizza has a terrific crust (which makes or breaks a pizza for me) with interesting ingredients. Not your Pizza Hut type, but innovative. The eggplant parmesan was HUGE and was not only dinner, but was another meal for take home. The service was good, and we will definitely be return customers!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
“Dishonorable Groupon!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I just left the restaurant disappointed. We bought a groupon so that we could try out the menu. When we arrived, there was a sign on the door stating that they wouldn't honor any discounts or coupons due to the MLK holiday. That makes no sense to me. The restaurant was completely empty. What a let down!