“Nice bus but terrible stops on way. Terrible lunch. Pass by Hoover Dam in the dark on bus. Disappointed.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Found Tours

Paradise Found Tours
1750 N. Buffalo Dr Suite 104-183, Las Vegas, NV 89128 (Summerlin)
702-363-1407
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #307 of 610 Activities in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer a variety of Grand Canyon helicopter, airplane and bus tours.
Georgia
16 attraction reviews
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We originally booked the South Rim to Grand Canyon with quick stop at Hoover Dam. We were contacted about a new tour which included driving by the dam and a nice buffet lunch for same price. Started off bad when driver got stopped for speeding. That put us late. Did see beautiful views on the very long trip. Lunch was moved to a smaller hotel due to renovation of original buffet stop. Food was a soy burger, Cajun Chicken, green beans, salad, tator tots, salad. It was just ok. More like something at a hospital cafeteria. Everyone complained of the sodas being flat. My entire family had flat cokes. Asked the manager for more drinks because they were flat no fizz. Her response was that well y'all were late that's why. I was furious so I asked her since our driver was late y'all have to serve us old drinks. She did not apoligize and tried to play it off by talking about the Canyon. I watched her pour my daughter another drink straight from a freshly opened can and it was flat too. It was if they were mad at us for something we had no control over! It was a very low budget meal that looked throwed together and it was just enough we could eat in hopes of eating something better later. They stoped at the smallest stores for breaks and there were four tour buses total including ours. This made the stops stressful and it was too crowded because they only were able to allow 20 minutes at stops. Rushed at the Canyon but it was nice to see even though two hours at the two stops on the park was all the time we had. One hour per each. On the way back stopped at a store that had a Subway. That too was a twenty minute stop. Very tiny store. Long line to get sub and long line for bathroom. We had to get out of the sub line and go to bathroom because we ran out of time. Didn't get to eat on way back. Arrived back at our hotel around 9:30 pm so we were starving. I would not recommend this tour. I would rent a car and take two days at least to go see the Grand Canyon. You can not enjoy it as much as you would if you drove on your own. I would suggest going then getting a hotel room for one night before returning to Vegas. It is a VERY long ride to the Canyon from Vegas. On way back we passed by the Hoover Dam. Seen it about 6 seconds in the dark. Could not get a picture from the bus window. Very disappointed.

Paradise T, Owner at Paradise Found Tours, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Hi dagirlamanda - I agree with your suggestion that if possible it's best to stay the night at the Grand Canyon. We do have a package for that and many guests book it. It does require out guests to plan out the logistics like renting a vehicle and booking a hotel (very difficult during summer) but if they are so inclined to roll up the shirtsleeves and do it we can accommodate them with transportation. The reality, however, is that lots of travelers don't have that kind of time and prefer a 1-day bus tour to the South Rim. I'm not pleased with how your lunch was served but kindly note that we have changed venues and now offer a superior buffet style lunch that's getting high marks. We can't manage how restaurants operate but we can take our business elsewhere and we have and it has been a very successful decision. The roadside stops are what they are because these towns are small but growing and we are seeing a number of convenience stores expanding and believe this will make it easier to purchase food and more. Time at the Canyon is now up to 3 hours and to my knowledge we are the only company that offers this. Our tours now offer a Hoover Dam photo stop en route to the South Rim. Time there is 15 minutes and it's the best we can do because we are committed to giving you as much time as possible at the National Park. For a more complete Dam experience, we normally recommend booking a separate Hoover Dam tour. It works out better that way. We've made significant upgrades to this South Rim tour (including free Wi-Fi). Travel with us again and experience the difference. I'm confident you'll be satisfied.

Toronto, Canada
8 attraction reviews
“amazing and good value for the money hollywood tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I went on the Hollywood tour from Vegas the other day and I really enjoyed it. this tour was a great price for what we did!!!!! Also I would like to say that our tour guide tess and Greg (I think his name was ) these guys were Amazing! Friendly and knew everything asked and showed us so many sights! My friends are going to Vegas in June and are gonna take the tour after showing them pictures and non stop talking !!
they take to the santa monica beach to the pier for a meal which is included in the tour, after exploring the beach you are taken off to beverly hills to rodeo drive to explore once again! then off around the celebrity houses which include madonnas, the house mj died at, christina aguilera and many more! after all this its off to the chinese theatre for exploring and you can also see the hollywood sign from this location. on the drive in between all the sights the driver show you studios, hotels with history ( like the one whitney passed away in), the places celebrity recent in the news crashed there cars etc
when I visit Vegas a gain I will so do this tour again

Visited February 2013
Paradise T, Owner at Paradise Found Tours, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Hi Shakyjake1989 - Thanks for the kudos on our Las Vegas to Hollywood tour. Tinsel Town is all about celebrity and this tour makes sure you're in the thick of it. We agree that the Santa Monica Pier is a great place to kick things off before exploring ritzy Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive. Of course, it's movie studios like Paramount, MGM, Warner Brothers and the like that put this town on the map and we're stoked you got to see the cream of the crop. We look forward to having you again as our guest. And tell your friends we're ready to road trip when they are!
new york
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My wife and I booked our tour to the Grand Canyon south rim with paradise found tours and we are extremely satisfied with the service. We had a very knowledgeable tour guide who gave us great facts throughout the trip. We made a stop at Hoover dam and were able to get out and take photos and use restroom. We then left out for the Grand Canyon but made another pit stop where we brought something to munch on. At the Grand Canyon we got lunch - a sandwich, apple, snack and water. Our tour guide was able to give us the best advice on how to maximize our stay at Grand Canyon. We took a shuttle to Martha's point and walked back to angel lodge. It was well worth it! On the way back our tour guide played a film for us so we weren't bored. We made a next stop got some more food then headed out for Las Vegas. All in all a wonderful tour experience. We definitely recommend it to all especially for the price which includes admission to the park - all for $80 just can't be beat.

Visited December 2012
Paradise T, Owner at Paradise Found Tours, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Hi jeromeb - So glad you and your wife traveled with us! Love the positive review. We work hard over here to make sure your get the best Canyon experience for the money. We agree that a good driver/guide makes all the difference in the world. This is especially true regarding how to visit the National Park once there (you'd be quite surprised how many other tours drop you off and let you fend for yourself). It's a goal of ours to offer quality trips and affordable prices and we're happy we were able to deliver. Looking forward to having you as our guest again!
Ct
“"Good and Bad"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

No problems with hotel pickup and the driver (Rod).
A major disappointment came with our Hoover Dam stop. The actual stop was behind the dam and there were no views of the front of the dam which to me is the most impressive part. So I get plenty of pictures of the back of the dam but not a one of the front.
Once at the Grand Canyon (South Rim), there was very little instructions or suggestions as to what areas would be best points to view as there are a number of them. You are pretty much on your own here and you are under the gun with time. Besides the great rim view from the Bright Angel Lodge where we got dropped off we also worked our way over to Mather Point where you can see a 21 mile view. There is no words to describe what you see here.
We were provided with a box lunch that consisted of chips, an apple, bottled water, a bag of cookies and...a turkey sandwich! Ugh!! I cannot stand turkey sandwiches and there was no other option. Forget about eating at the restaurant because that just takes away from the limited time given to view the Canyon. So, I went hungry unfortunately but I guess the views of the Canyon were worth it. (Thank goodness we stopped at a SUBWAY on the return trip). The driver showed movies to help pass the time on the drive up and back including Vegas Vacation which was fun to see again. We were told by many that the West Rim tour does not hold a candle to the sOuth Rim tour. So even thouh a longer ride the South Rim trip was worth. still can't get over not getting any good views of the Hoover Dam however.

Visited October 2012
Paradise T, Owner at Paradise Found Tours, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Hi dreamlover50s – Excellent to hear regarding hotel pick up and Rod, our driver. It's an area we excel in. Hoover Dam is always challenging on a South Rim bus tour. There are two issues. First, we have to cross the Bypass Bridge into Arizona and then pull over and that's the best view we can get (in the past the bus drove over the top of Hoover but that's no longer possible). Second, the South Rim is a 5.5-hour drive, so fitting Hoover in can be quite tricky but we do it anyhow because guests love it. So the recommendation here is if you want to see the Dam, book it as a second tour on a different day and do it justice. Our guides typically give guests an overview of what to expect once they arrive at the National Park so they have a game plan upon arrival. We've upgraded the lunch option to now include a buffet in Williams, AZ, and travelers have told us its exceptional. As for which Rim, it really depends on time, budget and objectives. To my mind, you made the right decision by visiting the South Rim. Thanks for touring with us. It was a pleasure having you on board.
Sydney, Australia
“Top Company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Excellent service. At very short notice Michael from Paradise Found Tours arranged a west canyon bus tour/skywalk trip for my 9yo daughter and myself. The service was unbelievable and he was extremely cheerful and very knowledgable about the tours on offer. I cannot speak highly enough of this company, their customer service is second to none. The tour was great too, on time and exactly as described.
Couldn't be happier mate, thanks.

Visited August 2012
Paradise T, Owner at Paradise Found Tours, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Hey GeoffP123 - Glad we could assist. Short notice bookings are our expertise. The West Rim bus tour with Skywalk is one of our favorites. Glad you and daughter enjoyed it. We pride ourselves on great customer service and it's very fulfilling to get such generous feedback.

Been to Paradise Found Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Paradise Found Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.