“Nice property” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #73 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Topeka, Kansas
“Nice property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

We spent one night at Eastside Cannery and were pleased with the property. I believe the hotel just opened about one year ago, so the room was clean and still had a new carpet smell. Nice modern-looking furniture, comfortable bed, earthy colors, and the staff provided good service. We ate the buffet for supper and while not as large as some on the strip, we found plenty of good options and thought the cost was reasonable.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

Stayed at eastside during the Memorial Day weekend-Fri,Sat,Sun and not only was it one of the more affordable rooms $59,59,38 but we avoided spending over $100 plus per nt on the strip.

Floor to ceiling windows, nice comfortable king size bed, frig and big bath tub, new furnishings , big screen tv.

My wife and I loved the deli at the Sports bar-- quick service , affordable prices and nice staff for breakfast, lunch , lite dinner. The service at the cafe can be long which is why we loved the deli.
they have a small poker room that attracts good local play for their 7pm $25 poker tournament.
the pool is a kiddies pool that was an afterthought. "What about the pool?" "uh-oh" "Hey, put it in the parking lot we have plenty of room" And that''s what it looks like.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

I had one of the best rooms I've had in Vegas... this room beat the Excaliber, Golden Nugget, MGM Grand, Luxor, Alladin. It was new, immaculate, spacious, had granite counters! It was quiet, the showers were hot, and all around I really enjoyed it.

I also liked the fact that I could park just a few feet from the door to the elevators and didn't have to troll thru a parking garage and then walk thru an entire casino to get to my room.

The buffet was good at $10. The coffee shop prices were reasonable. They also had a pretty decent band playing in the lounge for free. Unfortunately, they don't serve drinks by the pool (it might have just been too early in the season, but I didn't see any bar out there).

The thing that I didn't like is that the casino was on the smoky side... not as bad as the Excalbur, but worse than others.

I go to Vegas frequently and have been checking out various value spots... this is by far my favorite!

Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Orange County, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2010

I had stayed here almost exactly one year ago and was very impressed on almost all levels. So I didn't hesitate to stay here again. This time I came away a little surprised.

First off, was treated rather rudely at check-in. Upon arrival on Thursday for a three-night stay I was told that the king non-smoking room I had reserved six months prior was not available; that they only had eight king rooms in the whole hotel (That would surprise me). I accepted a double queen but asked about any possible free upgrades. From this point on the gentleman actually got snotty. He said no because I was staying three nights and he could only give me an upgrade for one night. He then threw (yes threw) my credit card and identification back on the counter so that I had to stop it from sliding across and on to the floor. He then did the same thing with the room key packet and basically dismissed us by turning his back without bothering to tell us what our room number was, where the elevators were (we at least already knew that) or even wishing us a good night. Horrible!

The room, as last visit, was wonderfully clean, roomy, and very comfortable. Strange thing, though. We left the room on Friday at approximately 10am and returned about 8pm and the room had not been touched by housecleaning. We had to call down to get clean towels. The room was cleaned on Saturday fine. Again, strange.

The gaming as always is very fair. You get to play and sometimes even win. The casino is roomy and really not very smoky unless you are sitting right next to a chain smoker. The cocktail waitresses are abundant and very friendly. It makes for a nice gaming session.

We ate at two restaurants while there. Snaps is your standard 24-hour cafe/diner. The food is a bit average but the service is great and the prices are very reasonable. But had another interesting experience at Casa Cocina. Although the food here was VERY good the waiter was about as attention deficient as I have ever seen. For the most part we seemed to have to deal with the bus boy, who was at least accommodating. The waiter on the other hand showed up only to take the food order, delivered the meals (there were six of us) in spurts, and never bothered to check on how we were doing. We wanted to order another round of drinks but were never able to. All the while he was running around like the proverbial headless chicken and ended up dropping a meal on the floor at the table next to us where it sat for 10 minutes. It also took over 30 minutes to get our check after we finish, again without ever checking if we needed anything else (drinks, more drinks!). Next time we're here and want Mexican food we may just go over to Willy & Jose's at SamsTown about a block away. We'll see.

I also noticed that their nightclub, Club One-Six was no longer open. Wasn't a big deal to me but thought it seemed popular last year. Another casualty of the Vegas economy I guess.

Overall, not a bad stay, just weirdly non-consistent this visit. I will stay here again but sincerely hope the rough edges get smoothed-out.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

Stayed here for five nights. The comfort and attractiveness of this room rivals rooms that I have spent four times as much for. As long as you have a car, this is a great option for anyone looking for a nice room at a value price. Food service is also good. It's about a 15 minute drive to the strip.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Franklin, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

Friendly caring staff through out the whole establishment!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

Very nice and plush at a great, the secret with this hotel is to call the hotel directly... they have rooms directly from there reservation department M-Th for 29.99 p/ night

Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!