“The best deal in Vegas!!” 5 of 5 stars

Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5255 Boulder Highway, Las Vegas, NV 89122   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #73 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
“The best deal in Vegas!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

The best price to value in Las Vegas. I travel to las Vegas many times per year. This is my first choice for accommodation
The beds are the best I have ever experienced and the price in relation to the value is number one
i like the fact that you need your room key in order to access the floors where the rooms are

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
No. California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Have been in Las Vegas a lot and stayed in many hotels. Had an event to attend at Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel and was very pleased with the entire experience. From check in and the friendly, efficent front desk staff, throughout the entire stay all the staff were extremely helpful, friendly and knowledgable about their jobs. The food was excellent and great values. Had dinner in CARVE the steak house dining room and the coffee shop. Relaxed by the pool one afternoon, had nice private cabana and not crowded like the strip hotels. If you need or choose to stay in this part of town try the Eastside Cannery, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I was on the 14th floor and slept like a baby...........quite....rooms are very spacious and spotles...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My company requires me to travel half of the world to Los Angeles regularly and a tail end side trip to Vegas usually made the trip a little more interesting. I'd like to move around Vegas and I have seen enough of the Strip over the years so I've done some home work myself. If you have access to a car, want to pay a competitive price but still have some expectations of the property, want to have a decent size casino in the hotel, and want to be within 15 minutes from the Vegas' strip, then you and I are thinking alike. Eastside Cannery would be worth your consideration. They called themselves "the locals' hotel" for that reason. I was quite happy paying slightly more than a hundred bucks for 2 nights' accomodations. The hotel exterior lookes modern, the room is spacious and comfortable. This hotel is not small and can easily double their price if they were at the strip. We are getting a location discount. The 2 things I didn't like about the hotel: The wall and the door were not too sound proof. I had a group of high school kids next to my room, partying 'til late. Also the crowd of this hotel is not exactly the cool and trendy type that you found at the Wynn's or the Aria, if you know what I mean.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, take a room down to the end of the corridor
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

This , in my opinion, is the worst place in Vegas. My bed sheets were blood stained and when reported I was promised a quick response from the management. Guess what? I am still waiting.
If you want cheap Vegas then this is it. Far from the strip and isolated. Poor customer service matches the facilities of this hotel. Indifferent staff who ' cannot be bothered '. Better off staying on the strip at one of the more upmarket hotels than this place. The slots are also somewhat reluctant to pay out. Food is dire unless you love overcooked and tasteless food. I found the Luxor a million times better for no extra cost and suggest to any traveller to do you own homework before using this place.

Room Tip: Don't use the place unless you cannot find anywhere else.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Draper, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We were comped the room one weekend but the rooms usually cost less than $100. The room was large, had a big flat screen TV and a soft, comfortable bed. The bathroom vanity was larger than most vanities I have seen in hotel rooms made of solid surface material, not granite like I saw from previous reviewers. But who cares about trivial stuff like that. The shower was large and the water pressure was good considering we were on a top floor. However, The hotel provided shampoo and body wash dispensers, not the usual shampoo and conditioner bottles and a bar of soap. Just a little annoying that there was no conditioner or soap. I would gladly stay here again. I was worried that the room would be noisy because it was next to the elevator and ice machine but I could not hear one disturbance when in the room.

As far a as the casino, the blackjack rules were average for Vegas but they did have five dollar tables. The waitress came around often and the drinks were strong. The also had good drink deals at the casino bar. If you want some variety, across the street is the Longhorn Casino with the best blackjack rules in Vegas with $2 minimum bets. MAde us some money here that I lost at Cannery. I also reluctantly hit the Mexican restaurant while at the casino expecting mediocre food after seeing a show on the strip. Was I mistaken. The restaurant makes all food from scratch, including the complementary chips and 3 salsas and uses quality food products in all the items I tasted. If I was in the neighborhood, I would definitely go back.

Overall a great experience and a great value if you do not loose too much at the tables.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I'd like to start with saying this hotel is amazing, clean newly remodeled rooms, great bathroom and comfy beds, quite a/c and no external room noise. very secure ( you need a key card to enter the hotel floors off the casino floor, car park is patrolled by a security gaurd on a bike ) in a nice area, quite a while from the strip. but i take this as a good thing. wifi is nice and speedy and reception staff are nice. a few different types of restraunt downstairs that are pritty good value.

However my only gripe is a biggy, you can only access the hotel by walking through the casino floor. this wouldn't be a problem but me and my gf are constantly harrassed by the security as we are young. example i was waiting outside the downstairs toilets for my gf just before we went out for the day, no way near the slots - a good 8 foot away ( im 21 anyhow ) a minute later im confronted by a security gaurd asking for id. she has my id though in her handbag i explain this to him and that im just waiting for her, no apparently i have to wait in the male toilets for her. my gf was stood at the side of me while i was signing up for the membership - again no way near the slots, she gets harrassed twice in the space of 2 mins and has to stand near in the exit corridor ( shes 20 btw ) this is highly annoying as if you stop for anything - shoe lace, soda from bar, near enterance/exit even for 30 secs you are harrassed for id. even though i was quite looking forward to doing abit of gambling im not going to because you can garrantee they will constantly harrass me for id.

i know the law is the law, but surely some sort of pass / casino id card to pin to my clothes would stop the harrassing. i don't know if they are like this in every casino i will have to see.

Room Tip: any room should be good, prehaps at one at the back of the hotel you will be able to see the strip i...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Oro Valley, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Tried this hotel for the first time. Was a little leary due to the low price. Was under $50 for the night. Was I ever surprised, clean large room with floor to ceiling windows. Beautiful granite counter tops, large shower with very powerful shower head. The bed was a little too soft for me but nice soft linens with triple sheets.
Not on the strip but still close enough if that's what you want to do. I enjoyed being off the strip with all the crazy traffic etc. Great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Eastside Cannery Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!