“Cooool experience ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Minus 5 Ice Lounge

Minus 5 Ice Lounge
3930 Las Vegas Blvd South, Mandalay Bay Hotel, Las Vegas, NV 89119 (The Strip)
702.632.7714
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Bars
5 attraction reviews
“Cooool experience ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This lounge is literally made of ice including the glass you drink from! You prepay to get in an basic admission is $32 per person with drink packages available. They give you a heavy coat and in you go. Really a cool atmosphere.

4 attraction reviews
“Expensive, tiny, not fun”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We wanted to go here for the experience but it was ridiculously expensive to get in as were the drinks once inside. They didn't honour the deals they were selling on entry. You can't take your camera or phone in and they make you put it in a locker or refuse entry! (They don't tell you this until after you've paid!) It was tiny inside. We wished we hadn't bothered.
The let down of our vacation.

Boulder, Colorado
5 attraction reviews
“Completely disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

What a waste of money. It's basically a meat locker with frozen walls and over priced drinks. I'd skip it.

Visited November 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
39 attraction reviews
“So Cool...Literally!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We met up with some friends who wanted us to experience this bar the VIP way so my boyfriend and I got to wear the fur coats and fur hats (which we got to keep!) Once being stripped of all electronic devices and anything else we were put in a middle room which is where we received our gloves and final prep. Once in the bar, I was amazed that this entire area was truly ALL ice! We were educated about how to hold the glasses (since they were made of ice as well) and had a great time. The area is small however it was not crowded whatsoever. The drinks were out of this world and we probably had way too many however the cold environment didn't allow it to affect us....or that's what we tell people! We made it for a good hour or so before we were getting too cold and uncomfortable.

It is quite an experience that I would recommend everyone try, at least once!

Visited October 2013
Boston, MA
8 attraction reviews
“It's like a (very expensive) restaurant walk-in... with bartenders”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I can't exactly decide on how I feel about this place. I mean, the idea is cool and... well, the idea is cool. Hmmm.
First of all, it's really expensive to get in. I paid $37 bucks for the coat rental and two drink tickets. I had a couple of diva friends that upgraded to the faux fur coats, which I probably should have done, since my "standard issue" coat smelled like an unshowered old man. They will give you boots, too but I had closed-toe shoes on so that wasn't necessary.
The place is really small, which is understandable since I'm sure it would cost a fortune to keep a larger place that cold. The mixed drinks on the menu are awful, so get a shot or something not on the menu. I made the mistake of ordering off the menu and the drinks were so syrupy-sweet that I couldn't even finish the second one.
You can't bring any cameras or phones in with you either, so be prepared to lock your stuff in a locker (that they provide) and subsequently get hosed on the photo purchases afterwards.
They play music and the bartenders are cool and energetic and there's even a stuffed penguin walking around posing for pictures.
All in all, we had fun because we looked ridiculous and it was a different experience but I don't need to do it again.

Visited November 2013