“I'll be back!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Taranto, Italy
“I'll be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This hotel is the perfect blend of Las Vegas-style vacation and a quiet one.
It's at a 10-minute walk from the Strip, offers you lots of free services (wi-fi, fitness center, outdoor pool, huge breakfast, business center, parking, shuttle bus to/from the airport and the Strip), and has very large rooms with stunning views.
It doesn't have a casino inside so you won't be disturbed by flocks of screaming people going about.
The staff is very nice and ready to give you all the informatio you need.
I'll be back for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Westminster, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Sometimes, all it takes it one act of kindness from a stranger to make all the difference. My trip started with a flight taking my son and mother to Vegas for a 2 night stay, just for fun. We'd never been and decided it was time. After 2 days of blowing a ridiculous amount of money left and right for taxis, food and entertainment, (no gambling), I was ready to go. Unfortunately, when we arrived at the airport for our 530 pm flight (at 130p) we were very disappointed to still be sitting there at 1130pm because of some mysterious delay (Never fly Spirit airlines, They charge $40 for carry-ons too!!)).
The airline had no choice but to comp us a room for the night at 1am because they decided to cancel our flight all-together (Nice). Which is were I met Jay from The Hampton Tropicana. Tired, broke and thoroughly aggravated, we checked in. My son hadn't eaten all day and food we had ordered for delivery never showed up. So I went downstairs to ask if there was any place in walking distance to grab him some food. Jay, front desk night guy, greeted me (at 3am) with a compassionate smile and said "Oh no that's terrible, here, grab whatever you like out of our deli and its on the house" I was on the verge of tears at this point and just wanted to give him a hug.
I had the cash, but you just never know when someone will need that extra kindness. I certainly did, but I assume he is kind and professional with everyone he encounters.
So thank you Jay, you are greatly appreciated... (and even though we never slept, the room was fabulous too!) Great beds, location, showers and tv.

arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We had good service We were given a choice of either being on ground floor, which we like, or a room with a view. The room was clean, with a nice couch for watching tv, very comfortable bed and spacious bathroom. We enjoyed the breakfast which we had a choice of many items including sausage, eggs, waffles, yogurt and much more. I would advise asking for extra towels to begin with. There were 2 in ours and I needed an extra for my hair which I did not know to ask for till i'm out of tub. :{

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Needed a place for one night after returning from a trip in CA. Read all the reviews and found this hotel to be top notch. The room was very clean and comfortable. The pool was great, but the hot tub was not working at the time we were there. The breakfast was okay, coffee was good! Great location, easy to walk or take the shuttle to the strip and enjoy the casinos and shows!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Tecumseh, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Don't bother with the overpriced Vegas Strip Hotels... Just stay here. This hotel is perfect in every way!

Unlike most hotels in Las Vegas, this one has a complimentary airport shuttle. The wait was about 15 minutes from the time I called to the time I was picked up. The shuttle will also run you to the Tropicana hotel on the strip.

The desk clerks were very friendly and chatty but at the same time efficient. My check in took about 10 minutes or so and I was made to feel welcomed.

The room was pretty much perfect... Typical Hampton Inn amenities, i,e. that little laptop/snack tray for the bed, TONS of plug outlets everywhere, a nice TV, a comfortable bed... It was very nice. Lots of space! The only thing I would change about the room was the air conditioner. The room stayed cool, the air conditioner worked very well, but the fan was just a little loud. Not very bothersome though - I slept fine.

The breakfast was great for the price (free) - Another thing you do not find at the 5000+ room hotels in Las Vegas. It was crowded, but there was still plenty to choose from. I opted to eat outside rather than the crowded dining area. It was hot, but I was in the shade. It was pleasant.

The hotel has a convenience store right next door, so if you need supplies, it is easy. The Vegas strip is just on the other side of the highway. I would guess about a 15 minute walk or a 5 minute shuttle ride (free).

The hotel WiFi was also free and it had no problems streaming Netflix and Skype.

Check out was simple. There were no surprises on my bill. The price was exactly what I expected to pay. Room Rate + tax. No WiFi charge, no amenities charge, no Resort Fee, etc. This hotel is wonderful. It really should be the number one hotel in Las Vegas...

I may be returning to Las Vegas again soon, and I will ALWAYS stay at this hotel. I was just blown away with how wonderful and hassle free it was. Every hotel should be like this!

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Our family stayed here in early August for an event and couldn't have been happier with our choice.Our room was comfortable, clean and the housekeeping staff was always pleasant, smiled at us and professional. Our event was in the Event Center and was beautiful, the staff was great! The breakfast buffet was always well stocked, busy with other guests and groups. We stayed here because of the location, price, event and the non casino atmosphere.

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

What a wonderful stay right OFF of the strip. Easy walking distance (less than 1 mile) to some of the great sites in Las Vegas. Sites such as Excailbur, The Luxor, Winstar, New York-New York, Monte Carlo and Mandalay Bay to name a few. If you feel like going for less than a 5 minute drive, then everything else is an option. Very great price at only $99 for an overnight stay. The beds are comfortable, and the room was immaculate. Hampton Inn prides itself on washing the pillow covers and the duvets as part of their room cleaning, so it's nice to be able to plop on the bed without fear of what you could be lying on...
The pool is nice and clean with comfortable chairs, the business center has widescreen computers and I was able to print multiple pages, free of charge. The bar was really nice and fairly priced and the staff is outstanding.
They also offer complimentary sundries at the front desk (I forgot my toothbrush :|) and they provide free breakfast as well.
Easy access if driving as it's right next to I-15 and Tropicana Ave.
Not sure when I will make it back to Vegas, but I will definitely be staying here next time.

Room Tip: They are all great. Doesn't matter what floor you are on, the elevator is close to doors and ver...