“Disgusting!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Madison, Wisconsin
“Disgusting!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

After waiting 40 minutes to check into a room my husband and I got into a room that was disgusting!!!! We had book a King Deluxe room that was suppose to be newly renovated and that was far from what we received. The night stands be badly scuffed, the vinyl was pealing off the walls, the vinyl had stuff splattered all over them especially by the trash cans, the desk had a dark top that had crusty stuff on it, the mirrors had water marks all over them, and the room was so noisey. When I called down to the front desk I was told that I did receive the King Deluxe room and it was one of the newly renovated rooms, but if I wanted to move rooms I would need to move to a 2 queen bed room. After not getting anywhere on the phone I went downstairs to the desk to get the new rooms keys and asked to talk to the manager. I showed the manager the pictures that I had just taken of the crusty substance on the desk, the stuff that was splattered all over the walls, water marks all over the mirrors, the extremely stained sitting chair in the room and the black stains on the sheets. When the manager came over to talk to me he brushed off the pictures (the ones that are attached with this review) like it didn't mean anything and told the girl at the front desk to move me into a different room. The manager then told me that "We are moving you into a upgraded room so you should be happy now." I wasn't looking for a upgraded room I just wanted a room that fell under the same desciption of what I had booked and an apology, but that was apparently to much to ask for. When my husband and I got into the new room I walked over to the curtains to close them and the shears were torn and there were stains all over the curtains. The sheets were at least clean but I didn't get the feeling that this was a room that I would want to take my shoes off in. The bathroom faucets were really tarnished and the cold water handle was leaking, but I didn't call down to complain because my husband and I had an event to be at in 30 minutes and I had to get ready. Later that night around 11pm when we were trying to fall asleep a jackhammer was being used in a construction site across the street. Construction the next morning which started at 4am. I didn't sleep. This is the second time our event has been held at Bally's and NEVER again will I ever go to another event at Bally's. You just can't trust your room will be cleaned!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Bally's Las Vegas, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your visit. We truly appreciate your feedback and the opportunity for us to improve our service. We apologize that your experience does not reflect our commitment to guest service. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to send us an email at http://czr.bz/148UP5y. We do hope you will stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,172)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
melbourne victoria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Bally is in the thick of everything, it is close to the busiest part of the strip where people go and see the Bellagio fountains. It is an old hotel but maintained quite well but the only drawback was the length of walking to get from one place to the other. Service was OK but check in and check out was a bit slow. There is an open connection to Paris where you can also park your car. Over all it was a mad 3 days trying to cram everything shopping,watching shows and just people watching.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Enjoyed our clean and spacious room at Bally's. The location is one of the best on the strip.
We will stay there again. The front desk clerk went out of her way to change our reservation at another hotel, so we could stay there for the last night. I was very impressed with her prompt action so we didn't have to pack up and move for only one night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bathurst, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

It's great! Prime location, especially because the strip is big! I say big, because the blocks are huge and it takes ages to walk just a couple of blocks as you need to use the bridges that go over the road.

Room was really big (stayed in the North Tower) and was clean and everything we needed. One exception, there were four of us but we only had two towels and unfortunately didn't notice until I was out of the shower and using a wet towel. Easy check-in and checked out via the TV. No complaints.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Medicine Hat, AB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

This hotel is located smack in the middle of the strip!!! Easy access to everything!! Our check in was great, the young lady was super helpful getting us 2 rooms directly across the hall from each other and gave us an upgrade at no charge to do it!! Rooms are HUGE, the beds are pillow top and comfortable, nice sheets and towels. This hotel has been there forever so some of the rooms need to have a facelift, but they are really good for the price I was pleasantly surprised AND they have started upgrading rooms The Mexican restaurant has good food and beer but the rest of the restaurants you can skip. Luckily Bally's is connected to Paris and they have some super cafes for great coffee, bagels, sandwiches and the like. I will definitely stay at Bally's the next time I am in VEGAS!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the upgraded wing.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I got 4 nights free including new years eve because I am a Diamond member. I stayed here many times before. Some of the rooms were renovated and they are great. Thie time on the 21st floor, it wasn't. it looks just like when I was here 20 years ago with old carpet and furniture.
When you check in, ask for the renovated rooms and high for for view.

I did not eat here this time. They should still be pretty good. I asked for the Diamond lounge. they don't have one at the Bally. They told me to go to the one at the Paris. It was pretty good. They serve free food from 4:30 to 6:30 only. All the drinks are free. It is for Diamond Members only. I also went the the ones at the Caesar's and Planet Hollywood. They were all pretty good.

Parking is not easy to find, especially at night for the 1st time. Ask the passenger to help you look for signs. There are constructions going on along the strip in front of Bally. So watch where you are going. This is a pretty nice hotel and casino. I don't gamble here because the odds are much better at the casinos catered to locals. I found the best odds are at the Gold Coast and the Orleans.

Green Features: Really nothing special. Just the same recommendation of reuse the towels.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Renfrew ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Our Stay at Bally's was good . We arrived Mid Dec 2013 early afternoon. They were able to get us right into a room and did say there was a early check in fee which we were more than willing to pay but we were never charged for it. Our room was in the North Tower on the floor 23. It was a large King King room with a great view. Everything was very clean and we were quite pleased with our room. There is quite a bit of construction going on around the outside of the Hotel but when finshed should be very nice with thier moving sidewalk to the strip back up and running. The Location of this hotel is great and easy walking distance to all the other Hotels. We ate twice at the buffet breakfast in the Cafe in the Hotel and would rate it very good. The Elevators were very quick no waiting

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up . get a better view
Green Features: temperature was fine in the room. towel policy was no problem
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bally's Las Vegas? Share your experiences!