“Great value if you don't expect a 4 or 5 star place to stay” 3 of 5 stars

Save up to 25% Off
Ranked #92 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bakersfield, California
“Great value if you don't expect a 4 or 5 star place to stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed at Bally's for the first time and went there not expecting much. For the most part I was pleasantly surprised. I had a south tower room on the 6th floor. It was a room with a roof view, but I was not looking for a room with a view on this trip and for the very low price I paid, I was not complaining. The negatives were the carpet was a bit worn, the toilet was loud, the shower did not drain that well, and the housekeeping was not that great. The positives were the room was quiet, the bed was comfortable, the room was spacious for enough for me, and the location was great as I knew others staying at a nearby property.
When I went to checked in, there were only two people in front of me, but it still took 30 minutes to check in. There were only three people working the desk and one of those was only checking in Diamond and Platinum members. Went I got to the counter to check in, it took maybe 5 minutes, but I was not explained anything, and had to ask one or two questions. However, check out had only two people in front of me and the entire process took less 10 minutes and the lady who was at the counter was very friendly.
As far as the casino, it is not my favorite place to play, but I probably played there a little more then I would since I was staying there. I thought drink service was slow compared with other casinos I played at. That includes being asked if you want a drink and time to it took to receive the drink.
I did see a show at the Jubilee theater (Veronic Voices) and it is a nice place to see a show and there does not seem to be a bad seat in house. Veronic put on a wonderful show.
I will say that I have found the Harrah's properties to not be as nice as the MGM properties and I prefer to gamble and stay and the MGM properties, but that is just my preference. Overall, if you are looking for a cheap hotel at a great location on the strip, Bally's would not be a bad choice. Just realize you get what you pay for. Of course you could always upgrade to the North Tower where the rooms have been remodeled.

Room Tip: If you want a nicer room that I have been told is remodeled, upgrade to a North Tower room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Bally's Las Vegas, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
SS34, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your visit. We truly appreciate your feedback and the opportunity for us to improve our service. We will be sure to share your comments with our management. We are constantly working to ensure each guest has a memorable experience and your feedback will help us with this process. Your business is truly appreciated and we hope you will give us another chance to serve you again in the near future.

5,254 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (988)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Mission Viejo, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I read the reviews for Bally's and was really scared about what I'd find. But, the room was comp'd so I gave it a try. WHAT is everyone talking about? Check-in was a breeze although I did find it true that some of the desk agents were nice and others were stone-faced. The room was really big, comfortable, had soft towels and pretty tile in the bathroom. The carpet even had those fresh vacuum marks in it which I've never seen in a hotel carpet! I'm guessing they upgraded the North tower we were in and we were very happy with Bally's. I do have to say that I'm really resentful about the resort fee we were forced to pay for services we had no intention of using. Be sure to ask about that when you book.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Saskatchewan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed at Bally's from August 22-29, 2013 and like others, were apprehensive due to mixed reviews. We were Bally's "virgins" and I admit to being a bit of a hotel princess, so I was worried. We stayed in the North Tower in room 1559 which faced the strip but was quite a way back from the actual street. We had a view of several, lovely hotels including Caesars, Rio, Paris and Bellagio. Check in was very quick ... maybe 5 minutes. The pool opened at 8am despite the website indicating otherwise. Access to the pool was excellent from the North Tower because you can avoid casino level entirely. Unlike the Monte Carlo and Flamingo, there were no line ups to enter the pool and a sunny (or shady) spot was always available. There is a submerged ledge around the pool which made sitting around pretty comfy. Don't expect to get an affordable drink at the pool ... a Virgin Mary ranged from $4 - $8 depending on the Bartender of the day ... and it was 75% ice. Staying at Bally's also gives you free pool access at The Paris (right next door with indoor access). The staff was excellent except for a guy at the check in who gave me a verbal spanking for connecting to the internet incorrectly. Whatever. So our room was renovated and very spacious ... king bed, two desks and a couch. It was very quiet. Elevators were abundant and speedy. We brought along our own little coffee maker because we need 8 cups every morning. We enjoyed electronic roulette near a bar that offered live entertainment. The location was excellent ...really ... walking distance to everything. Check out Rock of Ages but don't even think about taking children with you.

Room Tip: 1559 in the North Tower
Missoula, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We frequently stay at Ballys when we go to Vegas because of its location. We also like the views from the rooms. We usually stay there at least once a year, but the property is getting more and more run down. The entrance to the casino/hotel is actually terrible. The water around the entrance is dirty. We stayed there i n January, and the escalator going into the place was been fixed."temporarily" out of order. We were there in April, and the escalator still had not been fixed. It still had not been fixed this month. "Temporarily" is a long time.

The rooms are just OK. They are clean and the staff is nice, but the rooms and the entire casino look "tired". They have also started charging a resort fee, so the rooms are not nearly the value they were a year ago. Another drawback to the rooms is that the music from the nightclub makes them really noisy. Some nights you will not get much sleep until after 3:00AM.

We really did not platy there much because of the run down feeling. The location is great, but everything else has become sadly dismal.

Room Tip: Use the Paris entrance so you don't have to battle the broken escalator or the dirty water.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Bally's Las Vegas, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
We apologize for your disappointment in our product on your last visit. Please be assured, we share your concern about anything that may detract from your experience at our property; we want nothing more than for you and all our guests to feel comfortable during your visit. We have shared your comments with our Hotel Operations Management to ensure these problems are being addressed and corrected. Your comments will certainly help us to improve the process. We hope you will allow us to serve you again in the future
LaGrange, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed at Bally's July 21-26. I'm a bit late in writing this review, but after reading the negative reviews, I had to put in my two cents worth. Like others have said, Bally's is not a "glamour" hotel, catering to the upscale market. (Everyone should stay at one of the high-end properties at least once - trust me, it will make you appreciate the "little things" Bally's has to offer). I arrived at 5pm on a Sunday, and only waited 5 minutes to check in. While properties like Caesar's have their "wow factor", Bally's offers things other Vegas strip casinos overlook. First of all, while it was slightly worn, my room was SPOTLESS, and the maid came during the same hour each day. The room was also huge - I was upgraded deluxe room without charge. The bed was super comfy!! There is never a problem finding a pool chair any time during the day - and you also aren't crammed in like sardines - plenty of space!! No one searched my bag to get in to the pool - they even have a store at the pool entrance for sodas and snacks, but still offer cocktail service from extremely nice waitresses! The gym was also spotless, and included in the resort fee - not the case with all CET properties. As far as the casino goes, I didn't notice a smoky smell - I've been in many that are far worse. With the walkway to Paris, it's like you're staying in a much larger resort. They have a very entertaining little club off the casino floor. The casino attendants went above and beyond. When I first arrived, I asked where the TR desk was located. The attendant walked me there instead of giving me directions, engaging in conversation the entire way. Even the maid cleaning the shopping area greeted me with a warm, "Good morning! Welcome to Bally's!"

So, why the rating of 4 instead of 5? The small breakfast buffet offered wasn't to my liking. The food had been out for a while, and was starting to get cold. The lady at the register treated me like I was an idiot when I went in, wanting to pay for the buffet up front. Everyone else - even down to the person I talked to about laundry pickup (no tip involved) was cheerful and acted as if they were truly interested in making a good impression.

I've stayed at many Vegas properties, both with CET and MLife, and I have to say this became my favorite (Have stayed at Caesar's, & MGM, but not Bellagio). I was made to feel like a valued customer, and they make everything convenient for you. One rule I have learned about Vegas - you will be treated the way you treat the employees. A smile and a kind word goes a LONG way - just don't forget to tip!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Hull
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We have just returned from a two week holiday staying at Ballys hotel. We were slightly apprehensive before we went as the hotel had mixed reviews. The food court had also been closed for refurbishment and I wasn't sure if it had reopened. We needn't have worried. There is still some building work going on but didn't cause any problem. Try the club sandwich from Johnny Rockets if you want a fast food fix - enough to share between two.

On the positive side our room in the north tower was very clean and had been redecorated. Whilst the bathroom wasn't the biggest, it was cleaned every day with plenty of fresh towels.
We were asked at check in if we wanted to upgrade for a supplement, however as we only use the room to sleep and shower we didn't bother. The view wasn't brilliant but we weren't in the room very long so wasn't a problem. I can imagine the rooms with a strip view are awesome though.

The casino is small compared to many but this made the service much better. We found the cocktail waitresses to be friendly, constantly offering us drinks whilst playing the machines and tables. The Baileys coffee is especially yummy!

The breakfast buffet is one of the cheapest so don't expect a great deal of choice just eggs, bacon, sausage etc with fresh fruit and pastries. The food was hot and was quickly replenished although we only ate there a couple of times.The area tends to get very busy around 9am and you can be waiting a while for fresh toast or coffee top ups.

The pool area is good, although it seems to be a bit tired with missing tiles and broken sunbeds. However, we always managed to find a bed whatever time of day. The area gets very busy and noisy from Friday to Sunday with the arrival of all male and female groups but this is Vegas after all! There is also bar service around the pool. On the downside the bar staff refused to give me a glass of water one day even though I wasn't feeling very well, stating it is company not to supply ice or iced water unless you are purchasing other beverages.

Like all hotels the drinks can be quite expensive, charging between 3 -5 dollars for a bottle of water. If you go out through the food court doors, there is a grocery store across the road so stock up on water and snacks from there. Remember though that food and beverages bought elsewhere (other than water) is not allowed around the pool. The road is very busy so allow ten minutes to get across.

We booked our holiday through Thomas Cook who failed to inform us that Ballys check in is from 3pm and charges a supplement if you want a room earlier. After a ten hour flight all we wanted is a shower so reluctantly paid up rather than wait for an hour with our cases. A bit naughty really and not expected when booking with a tour operator.

Overall, Ballys gave us everything we wanted and is centrally placed on the strip. I would stay again.

Room Tip: If you want a classic room, the north tower is quiet - we stayed on the 8th floor.
Rome, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The Hotel is in the center of the city, really close to all main attractions and famous Casino’s. The location is superb, but is the only reason why you should chose to stay there. All the rest is “average” or even below average. The rooms are nothing special (small bathroom, without enough shampoo and bath foam, small windows etc), no free wireless connection, sad breakfast to take away from one of the bar in the Casino area. Good place if you are planning to stay just one night in Las Vegas and want to optimize the logistics, avoiding losing time to reach the most famous places (where you’ll probably need more than 1 hour only to leave the care, check in and reach your room..).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Bally's Las Vegas, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Enzo R, thank you for your feedback. We are constantly working to ensure each guest has a memorable experience and your feedback will help us with this process. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Been to Bally's Las Vegas? Share your experiences!