I stayed at Bally's for the first time and went there not expecting much. For the most part I was pleasantly surprised. I had a south tower room on the 6th floor. It was a room with a roof view, but I was not looking for a room with a view on this trip and for the very low price I paid, I was not complaining. The negatives were the carpet was a bit worn, the toilet was loud, the shower did not drain that well, and the housekeeping was not that great. The positives were the room was quiet, the bed was comfortable, the room was spacious for enough for me, and the location was great as I knew others staying at a nearby property.
When I went to checked in, there were only two people in front of me, but it still took 30 minutes to check in. There were only three people working the desk and one of those was only checking in Diamond and Platinum members. Went I got to the counter to check in, it took maybe 5 minutes, but I was not explained anything, and had to ask one or two questions. However, check out had only two people in front of me and the entire process took less 10 minutes and the lady who was at the counter was very friendly.
As far as the casino, it is not my favorite place to play, but I probably played there a little more then I would since I was staying there. I thought drink service was slow compared with other casinos I played at. That includes being asked if you want a drink and time to it took to receive the drink.
I did see a show at the Jubilee theater (Veronic Voices) and it is a nice place to see a show and there does not seem to be a bad seat in house. Veronic put on a wonderful show.
I will say that I have found the Harrah's properties to not be as nice as the MGM properties and I prefer to gamble and stay and the MGM properties, but that is just my preference. Overall, if you are looking for a cheap hotel at a great location on the strip, Bally's would not be a bad choice. Just realize you get what you pay for. Of course you could always upgrade to the North Tower where the rooms have been remodeled.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- True classics never go out of style, making Bally’s the only choice for classic Vegas at the heart of the Strip. And what could be more timeless than playing The Price Is Right – Live! for fabulous prizes? This stage version of the classic television game show puts audience members in the middle of the action with all your favorite games from Plinko to the Showcase Showdown. As night falls, sophistication and showgirls await you at Jubilee!, the last authentic showgirl extravaganza in Vegas. Dining options at Bally’s include SEA The Thai Experience offering delicious cuisine from southeast Asia and the Bally’s Steakhouse. Gracious service is the hallmark of the indulgent Sterling Brunch, where caviar, sushi, lobster and other gourmet dishes are served along with premium champagne every Sunday. Just steps away you’ll find the luxurious Paris Las Vegas with its own brand of dining, shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Vegas.com, BookIt.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Bally's Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bally`s Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Ballys Hotel Las Vegas
- Ballys Hotel In Las Vegas Nevada
- Bally's Hotel Las Vegas