“Good for the price” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lindenhurst, New York
“Good for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed at Ballys Las Vegas for a week. I am a regular in Atlantic City and got a very good deal. I was scheduled to stay in the south tower and I was not happy with the reviews, so when ballys emailed me that I could upgrade to the north tower for $10 a night I jumped at it. I told the operator I needed a fridge for medical reasons & she put it in the notes. The room was ok but no fridge, I told the woman at the desk also , she ignored me. I had to use ice all week, so annoying.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor if you want to sleep.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,425)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Alma, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights at Ballys, was very impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Every staff member I talked to was extremely helpful and pleasant. Did not gamble in the casino but did walk the floor, seemed nice. The walkway with shops connecting to the Paris was very nice and their casino area was nice as well. The hotel is certainly showing its age but they are updating rooms and some of the public areas as well.

• Stayed July 2013
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed four nights here (June 28-July 2, 2013) and, over this period, I incurred over 20 beg bug bites distributed from my feet to my face.

We were there with a group of 14 people and at least two others were getting similar bites on different parts of their body. Our rooms were distributed across the North Tower (newer tower) and were quite far from each other. We initially gave the hotel the benefit of the doubt as we had been attending pool parties and spending a lot of time outdoors so assumed that the bites could be from pool bugs, spiders or potential heat rash. Despite sleeping in the same bed, my boyfriend did not seem to have any bites or skin irritation which also made us consider other sources.

On our fourth night at about 3am, we witnessed 2 small red bugs run across my boyfriends body and subsequently found more near the head of the bed on top of the fitted sheet. We immediately trapped two bugs as proof and called the front desk. They sent an inspection agent to look at my bites and at the bugs themselves. He provided some 1% hydrocortisone gel to apply to my bites and said that, upon 'official inspection' and confirmation by an outside company, we would be contacted and informed of any compensatory measures to follow.

In the meantime, we were switched to a new room one floor below. Given that this was obviously a hotel-wide problem since it affected multiple members of our group, we opted to stay out of the room regardless of the room change. Hotel management was extremely unsympathetic and unhelpful, simply saying that they could not confirm the presence of bed bugs until it was 'officially inspected' despite the fact that their initial inspection agent personally saw the bugs and bites. Instead of reacting with embarrassment and empathy, he questioned our honesty about seeing the bugs ourselves.

Around 11:00am, we were contacted by the Claims Consultant at Cannon Cochran Management Services (an outside company who manages all hotel complaints/incidents) and told that our room did in fact test positive for bed bug activity and that they would 'attempt to resolve any damages or expenses that we have or will incur' as a result.

We had to completely sterilize our clothing and throw out our bags in order to make sure we didn't take them home - Terrible, Terrible experience. DON'T stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Bally's is a great hotel. The standard hotel rooms are excellent. Clean...well furnished and tastefully decorated. We also had a parlor suite for meetings. The hotel restaurants are good, but be aware, the hotel coffee shop, "Sidewalk Café" is only open for breakfast and lunch. There is a small deli style restaurant called "Nosh" that is open 24 hours a day that has sandwiches to die for with specials breads. "Sea: The Thai Experience" featuring upscale Asian is delightfully different. There is a steakhouse and some other restaurants as well as those in Paris, which is right through the wall from Bally's...they are connected. The only reason this hotel gets 4 instead of 5 stars is my own tastes for room service. The room service menu is not what one has come to expect from a big hotel on the strip. They should re-think it. (only two entrees)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Bally's may not be the most beautiful hotel on the strip, but it is reasonably priced and is in a great location on the strip. Check in was easy, although we arrived early. We stayed in the North Towers. This provided a view right across from the fountains at Bellagio. The room was nice and clean. All of the staff were A plus. Easy access to Paris. Nice variety of restaurants since it is connected to Paris. Many good shows to see while in Vegas. Our favorite was LOVE. If you like the Beatles do not miss this show. The one venue I would not recommend going to is the Venetian showroom. They charge caviar prices, but cram you in like sardines. Seats were very narrow and uncomfortable. Vegas has it all shows, gambling and great food. Even if you are not a gambler you cant help but have fun in Vegas.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

THE GOOD:
-Service. Everyone was so helpful. I forgot my phone charger, so the concierge told me to go to lost and found and they gave me one they'd found in a room. I got overcharged for my Cirque du Soleil tickets, so the box office guy helped me get some money back. Everyone was so kind, happy and helpful! I don't know how they have such amazing staff.
-Our room was big and had a great view of the Bellagio fountains. The windows were from ceiling to floor.
-The pool was never overcrowded. It wasn't the nicest pool I've been in, but it was large and there were always open lawn chairs.
-Location! You are close to most attractions (but Vegas close isn't that close, just FYI--the walk to the Paris, a neighboring hotel, was 15 minutes). You're in the middle of the strip and Bally's has its own Monorail stop. It's one of the best deals on the strip, I think.
-Food. The Tequila Bar, located near the lobby, has $2 tacos and $2 margs 24/7! The Sidewalk Cafe next door has a breakfast buffet for just $12. Also, along the walkway to the pool is a food court with a Johnny Rockets, Subway, Sbarro and Nathan's. I was expecting to spend a lot on food so it was a relief to have cheap options.
-Quiet. Didn't hear a peep from our neighbors the whole time.

THE BAD:
-The rooms are a little bit icky and dated. There was mildew under our sink, as previous reviewers have said. TV stand was dusty. Just a bunch of little things that keep it from being a great hotel. The furniture and decor wwere really passé, not that I care that much but it added to a below-average atmosphere. My friend stayed in a North Tower room which was much more beautiful.
-TV Channels. Okay, I get you aren't going to watch much TV in Vegas, but it's nice to have on when you're getting ready in the morning or waiting for your friends, and the channels were so ridiculously bad! There were like 10 channels in Chinese, 5 in Spanish, and 10 or so really crappy English channels! Not a dealbreaker, but annoying haha.
-Drinks in the pool were $15--annoying.

If you're set on staying on the strip, don't want to spend too much but want a decent hotel, Bally's is a good bet.

Next time I go to Vegas, I'm going to look at hotels off the strip where I've heard you get a better bang for your buck. Bally's is a great location as far as the strip goes, but the strip is so huge that you still had to walk at least half an hour to get to even "nearby" places, so I'm not sure I was worth it.

Room Tip: North Tower, definitely. Renovated and much nicer. Also, ask to be near the elevator. You have to wa...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This hotel is ideal for budget friendly people who want to be close enough to everything on the strip but not directly in its wake. Its a nice clean big hotel with normal amenities and decent service but not super high end/five star/fancy but also not dirty/gross/scary. Also its a great hotel for those going for work (convention center is not far) who really don't need all the typical Vegas excitement. You get a pretty great view from your room. It hosts one of the best burger places IMO.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple