“Not as good as they claim!!” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #88 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Watertown, Wisconsin
“Not as good as they claim!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed at Bally's Sep.30-Oct 3rd. Stayed in the south tower. For an additional $10 per day could have stayed in north tower with remodeled rooms, but no view. Should have done it! Rooms really need attention. Tables and dresser are worn, scratched, drawers dont work properly. Carpet dirty, and sink in bathroom was cracked. Vanity was chipped, and nasty looking. There was a room service cart left in the hallway the entire stay, with food on it!! YUK! Although we only paid $50 a night, I would have rather stayed at Bill's. Rooms are nicer in my opinion! Doesn't anyone give out coupon books at checkin any more? Also very stingy with drinks in the casino.

Room Tip: May be worth it to upgrade to remodeled rooms. The north tower room was quiet though!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

5,935 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,234)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed for five nights in Sept/Oct in Bally's for a conference hosted there. Our conference literature stated a large block of rooms were reserved in the north tower, all remodeled rooms. We were very early check in a day early. Not only were we not placed in the north tower, but tthe south tower; our room was dirty, it smell terrible like wild animals had been in there. And it was right next to the elevators; directly on the other side of the wall by the head of our beds. Oh yes 2 queens instead of the king we requested. No help from the front desk, we checked in after midnight. After a number of angry calls we were moved to a room in the north tower after we were told there would be an extra charge per night. Se la vie. The room was better but nothing special. Not what you expect in a high quality and price room in Vegas. This room also smells.
I am handicapped and make my way around on a Rascal. There are very steep ramps that would be impossible for a person in powered wheel chair to pass. My Rascal is very powerful and it barely made it to the top. In the elevator lobbys, ash trays are placed under the elevator call buttons so you have to push them out of the way to reach the buttons. All in all this is the worst experience we have had in Las Vegas and we have been here many times. The Flamigo is an older hotel but their service and cleanliness and quality of their rooms is so much better. We will never return to Bally's again for any reason, if our professional association schedules our conference here next year we will stay somewhere else and drive.
I would not recommend this hotel to my neighbor is a pain in the behind with his barking dog and will not listen I sure would not recommend it to any one else. Stay at Best Western, you will have a cleaner room and the service will be better.
Oh did I mention the $13.99 per night internet charge, and if you want to be able to go to the coffee shop or somewhere else on the property it's $23.99 per night!!!!! Wow times must really be bad at the Bally. They are now in the high profit internet provider business.
All in all this hotel ruined our combination vacation and conference experience. Don't let it happen to you. Go somewhere else, anywhere else!!

Room Tip: I am not sure there is a good room in this hotel. I would be afraid to upgrade to a suite after our...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Just got back from a 2 night stay at Bally's. We have stayed here several times in the past - always in the North Tower. These are very large, clean rooms. This was our first time staying in the Grand Suite. We did not get both rooms of the suite, but it was nice having a couch and sitting area to relax in front of the television. There is also a large sunken tub in the spacious bathroom area - while we did not use this, it did seem very luxurious and romantic. We also had 2 separate vanity & sink areas that made getting ready convenient so that we both were not fighting for counter space. The bathroom also had a shower stall and separate rooms for the bidet and toilet. Housekeeping did a tremendous job of cleaning our room early in the day so we were not inconvenienced at all in that respect.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lagrange, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We usually stay at Station casinos or Harrahs properties, this time we stayed at Ballys to be in the middle of the strip for my nieces' 21st birthday! We got into the room at 6 pm and the carpet was filthy and the bathroom needed a better cleaning, someones toothbrush was on the shelf in the tub....We went to the pool the next day and the pool is kind of gross--the tiles are chipped and they have a hydrloic lift and there was a leak around it covered with duct tape and rags. The room itself was large and had plenty of seating but everything was old and worn. To be honest the casino was nicer than the rooms, The people at checkin were slow and kind of rude and when I asked them, the day before we left, if they would print a boarding pass and was told no-there are kiosks to do that(at 5.00 a pop)-I have never been told at any casino that they would not print a boarding pass. They were also no help about getting a ride to the airport, you have to figure it out yourself. The safe in the room was 3.00 a day, what casino still charges for a room safe?? I haven't seen that in 20 years! My daughter sat in a chaise at the pool, they were all cracked-hers broke and she was bruised from falling to the pavement. All in all I think my next trip will be back to one of the station casinos!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed at Bally's Las Vegas from Friday through Sunday and enjoyed it very much. Our room in the north tower was very nice. Bally's connects to Paris via a nice walkway filled with shops and restaurants and doesn't require a great deal of walking between hotels. There is a free shuttle from Bally's to Rio, and it was super easy to locate, and was very prompt. Bally's has a great location on the strip; across from Bellagio and Caesars. The slots aren't very loose, but the same can be said for all the casino's. Bally's has a great house band which plays nightly at the Indigo lounge. Great to listen, or dance to the music and get away from gambling. The Bally's staff is very friendly and helpful. The only reason I did not give Bally's five stars was because of a running toilet (had to jiggle the handle or it would keep running), one non-working phone in the room, and we couldn't check out via the tv (had to call the front desk). Aside from these minor inconveniences, we enjoyed our stay at Bally's and would stay again.

Room Tip: I would ask for the North Tower, close to the elevators.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Chicago Suburbs
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Bally's location is great, but that's it! The hall carpeting is worn and taped with black tape where it was ripped or worn. The room decor is from the 80's. The baseboard was carpeting that had come unglued. The bathrooms were dark, service was poor, they did not clean our room first day. Spend the xtra bucks and stay at Paris!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed in a North Tower suite and was completely satisfied with the cleanliness, safety, and size of the room. I love the convenience to Bill's, Paris, Planet Hollywood, and Caesar's. I've stayed at Planet Hollywood and actually prefer Bally's. The lobby is simple and easy to navigate, the staff were all super friendly and nice (right down to the Rio Shuttle driver) and the late night band in Indigo's was loads of fun! The room was quiet and I slept like a baby. The pool is larger with a much more laid back atmosphere thnn PH. I was actually able to have a conversation with a fellow sunbather and hear myself think. I liked that they stored my baggage for me as well, while I sat by the pool and went to lunch, waiting for my evening flight. All in all, for a mid-strip stay, Bally's has earned a loyal customer!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Bally's Las Vegas? Share your experiences!