“badly equipped kitchen, unhelpful manager” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Midtown

You added Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Midtown to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Midtown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3045 South Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #127 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Austin, Texas
“badly equipped kitchen, unhelpful manager”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

In January this year my husband and I spent 2 weeks in this hotel. We had stayed in numerous Extended Stay (before it went bankrupt) and knew what to expect incl. the rather minimalist equipped kitchens. However the equipment in this hotel was even below that standard. When I asked for soup spoons and a salad bowl and a better frying pan, a lady by the name of Julie (?) (she said she is the manager) accompanied us to the room to "show us that all we need is there!" When I insisted to have at least soup spoons she let me know in no uncertain terms that the equipment in this kitchen is exactly to Extended Stay standards and suggested that I go to the Thrift or Dollar store nearby to buy what I need. Next morning we asked for 2 additional pillows which she refused to provide saying there are no spare ones, though the hotel was far from full. I must say the aggressive, arrogant and unpleasant approach towards clients of this lady goes beyond anything we have encountered in all our world travels.

I wish however to add that the kindness of the personnel at reception (all times of the day) as well as the service rendered by the room maid have largely compensated the unprofessionalism of the manager.

We would however not stay in this hotel again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Midtown, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. I invite you to contact me at mdt@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was not expecting much for the price paid but boy was I wrong. This type of hotel would not normally be my first choice but now that I know what this hotel chain offers I will stay with them whenever possible. The rooms were very clean with kitchens and a comfortable bed. Best of all the customer service was extraordinary. Every staff member went out of their way to make sure that I was happy and asked how my stay was. Cela helped me with directions and maps, Julie helped me with printing documents and boarding passes, the maintenance man helped me with my luggage and they all did it with a genuine smile. I was so impressed with the service that I've already told friends about the hotel. I will definitely come back next time I'm in Las Vegas. If you're looking for great service and a reasonable price this is the place for you.

Room Tip: ask your clerk, they know there favorite
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Midtown, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased that you decided to give us a try and that our associates made your stay so comfortable and enjoyable. It's great to hear that the associates provided such great service with a smile. Thank you so much for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to see you next time you are in Las Vegas.
Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Very friendly staff. From the time I showed up for checkin, through the time of departure, the staff was eager to show me that they wanted to earn my satisfaction. Although not excessively large, elaborate or expensive for a modest studio room, it was comfortable and had many of the conveniences of a sensible home. The parking lot and exterior was clean, and had a fresh appearance. The public areas were also clean. Would recommend to anyone who expects a great value for their money with caring staff, and does not expect elaborate accommodations or over the top luxury.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Midtown, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that the associates were eager to earn your satisfaction from arrival through departure. Again, thank you for the great review of our associates great service. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Las Vegas!
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I only paid a total of about $68 for two nites using Priceline (includes all fees and taxes) so I was not expecting much. But for the price and star level this place was a great deal! Full frig, 2 burner stovetop, microwave, HD LG TV, nice shower, free continental breakfast, and the staff was nice! I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our associates and property exceeded your expectations and that you would stay with us again and most importantly that you would recommend us to your friends. Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back in the future!
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I am a Travel Nurse a long way from home, everyone who works here are very friendly. The room i have is wonderful it's a 1 bedroom suite. it's like being at home i love the room and the staff here are excellent. the day time front desk person Johnny Garcia is wonderful he is always willing to help with directions for shopping (my favorite past time) . been here since October and i'm still here now in January. I have extended my contract at the hospital and i am going to extend my stay here. who knows i may just move to Las vegas lol..I also like that shopping is in walking distance for food and the mall and not too far from the strip. Keep up the good work!!

Room Tip: the deluxe suites are very spacious.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Midtown, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you so much for the exceedingly kind words about your stay, especially about one of our associates, Johnny. It's so great to hear that your stay with us has been comfortable and the staff has been so helpful while you are in Las Vegas for work. We look forward to your continued business and again, thank you for the super great comments about the level of service from Johnny.
Oak Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed at the Homestead for medical reason that developed during a business trip. Had been on Strip paying much higher rates and moved to be near hospital. Proximity of this motel to nearby hospital made it very convenient. Will consider for future plans when visiting again and avoid the Strip. Rooms have great little kitchens, staff are friendly and property is clean.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Midtown, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time write a review of your stay. I'm glad that we could be of service to you during your time of need while in Las Vegas. It's great to hear that our kitchens were a helpful benefit for you along with our proximity to the hospital. Most importantly, it's great that the staff was friendly and helpful. We look forward to seeing next time you are in Las Vegas for business.
Geneva, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed at the Homestead Suites Las Vegas Midtown because on our trip to Las Vegas my husband ended up having emergency heart surgery. The location is right across the street and you can walk to the hospital and not have to deal with parking at the large medical facility. The rate is reduced for family of patients and the staff was excellent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Midtown, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that our close proximity to the hospital and great service provided by our associates were helpful to you. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Las Vegas - Midtown? Share your experiences!