“Wonderful Hotel!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Oakland, California
“Wonderful Hotel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

My mother and I stayed at this hotel while attending a conference at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The hotel is conveniently located across the street from the convention center. Check in was easy, and they don't hold a lot of money on your card for deposits. We were able to check in early, even though the hotel was sold out! This was great, as we arrived early in the morning. This hotel offers complimentary breakfast and happy hour! The breakfast buffet had a number of healthy choices for those health conscious people, like myself. They gym was awesome. They had a number of professional exercise machines, which my 24 hour fitness gym offers. The staff is wonderful!!!! Everyone at the front desk was amazing. Save the best for last - Rena Kastris was wonderful!! She was the Guest Service Manager on duty during my stay. She went out of her way to locate my phone charger, that I left behind in the room, after I had checked out. She was also able to approve our late check out, even though the hotel was sold out! She constantly went out of her way to accommodate my mother and I. She is one of the best hotel managers I've experienced. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Michelle1572,
Thank you for your review and high recommendations of our great hotel to future travelers. We appreciate you and your mother choosing to stay with us while attending a conference. I’m pleased to hear that our friendly staff and variety of amenities made for an enjoyable stay. I’ll be certain to recognize Rena Kastris with a special commendation for her excellent customer service. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for writing.

David Nilemo, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Oakland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My daughter and I booked this hotel in order to attend a conference at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The hotel was conveniently located across the street from the convention center. Check-in was easy and efficient, in fact they allowed us an early check in even though they were sold out. Room was very clean and comfortable with a separate toilet and shower area with two sinks which was particularly helpful for two women getting dressed in the morning. Full complementary breakfast and happy hour cocktails provided daily. This is a great place for business travelers and families as well. If you are looking for the typical Las Vegas hotel with a casino, this is not your place. This hotel has a quite and relaxing vibe. Best of all, the staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Rena Kastris, the Guest Service Manager. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Patricia S,
Thank you for writing a review and sharing your high recommendations of our great hotel to future business travelers and families. We appreciate you selecting our hotel while attending a conference, and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay, our complimentary amenities, as well as our clean and comfortable accommodations. I’ll be certain to pass along your kind comments to our staff and recognize Rena Kastris with a special commendation for her outstanding service. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to Las Vegas. Thank you again for writing.

Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was finishing up a leisure trip to Las Vegas and spent my last night at the SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Convention Center. The hotel is very nice, the rooms are very spacious. The hotel is close to the rail, but it can be a hike if you have a lot of luggage. The roof top pool is very nice and provides some great opportunities to get some night time pictures of the strip.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side will give you a good view of the strip. There is currently a vacant lot so...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
John T,
Thank you for your review and complimentary feedback on our great hotel. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay in our spacious accommodations, and were able to take advantage of the great view from our rooftop pool. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to Las Vegas. Thank you again for writing.

Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I've stayed here a couple times with good experiences. However, customer service has definitely gone downhill since the last time I was here. The location is just behind the strip and across from LVH Convention Center. Also very close to the metro. The rooms are large, airy and fresh.

Housekeeping left a little to be desired. They don't clean your room unless you're out by ten unless you find them and request it. When they did it wasn't thorough and a few things were missed. When I went downstairs to request tissue I was given a snarky "we'll bring it up later".

Later my friend left her key in the room and they were very rude to her and said they couldn't let her in without my permission. They rang once and hanged up before I could even answer to let her up. They were just going to leave her out of the room without making an effort to call me or knock on my door.

When I asked for a baggie to put toiletries in upon checkout, 4 people were behind the desk doing nothing. They told me they don't have baggies but that I could go to the bar and get one from the (slammed) bartender. Really? 4 people and it would kill you to walk five steps and get it yourself?

Later they messed up my reservation and weren't polite about fixing it. They also deactivated my keys by accident twice but not so much as a sorry. The printers in the business center were both out of ink.

All in all the property is nice, the rooftop pool and firepit are beautiful but the customer service needs work.

There is an awesome free breakfast with very polite, helpful servers. They got that part right.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
TheBoisean,
Thank you for writing a review. I’m glad you like our property, spacious accommodations, convenient location, as well as our breakfast selection and servers. It’s unfortunate to hear that you did not receive the exceptional service that you’ve come to expect from us. I sincerely apologize for the difficulties you encountered during your stay and for failing to meet your expectations in all areas. I have addressed these issues with our staff inorder to improve our customer service and overall guest experience. We value you as our guest and appreciate your patronage. We hope you will return to see our improvements. Thank you again.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I've stayed at this Springhill suites Marriott before for work last year and had a good experience. I returned for a second stay last weekend with my husband and son. I was only in town for a couple days for a wedding. I was traveling with an infant so it was important for me to find a nice clean hotel with NO Casino & NO smoking. Which it pretty hard to find in Vegas.
This hotel was clean. There is no resort fee and parking is free. The breakfast is pretty yummy too. The location is very convenient. Close to the strip, I-15, and the fashion show mall.
If you are looking for a quick easy stay in Vegas. This is a great place!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
jade t,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at SpringHill Suites Las Vegas. We appreciate your patronage and kind comments about our clean hotel, convenient location, and value added amenities that we’re proud to offer our guests. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to Las Vegas. Thank you again for writing.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in September 2012 and was very pleased with my stay. I was there for a week. Everyone I dealt with at the hotel was helpful and provided top notch service. I can't find anything negative to say about anything. I wanted to be away from the dinging bells and bright lights, this was the right choice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Mark A,
We appreciate your review and complimentary feedback on our great hotel and helpful staff. We’re glad you had a pleasant stay with us at SpringHill Suites Las Vegas, and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Czech Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We went to Vegas for one night during our drive around trip - we chose this hotel for location and price which were both good.
Poisitives are - good location just off strip, good price, internet + parking + breakfast in price. Spacy and modern looking rooms with all mod cons /kitchenette + toilet-bath seperate/ snazzy pool on rooftop with seating and good view
Negatives - sadly I think we were there at a busy time in beginning June - check in was fine but we had requested a baby cot up front though Booking.com website, but wasnnt there. Had to call and took a while and the person who dropped it off at the door did not knock or let us know they had put it their. They should have atleast told us they would just put it out there. Pool is very good, and given the good lighting I dont know why they even bother closing pool at night, considering it is Vegas. The biggest disappointment for us was the huge line at breakfast, not enough place to sit, had to wait for a table and breakfast was very poor given the hotel - no cheese, only one type of egg - scrambled, croissants werent fresh baked, juice was poor - and after such a long wait it wasnt much to look forward too. Also they could mark if and which products are either vege or have certain meats in them. Also I dont get the point of serving milk and small packs rather than from a jug. Also given that its Vegas, the breakfast could run later - upto 11 atleast. Another very disappointing thing was the elevators - twofold problem, one that the parking floors arr not directly connected to the residential floors so you have to go down to lobby and then up another elevator to room. And during the morning time elevators are too slow and busy so you have to wait a lot for getting on. Just seems very crowded and although staff were very good but when the hotel is busy I think they arent able to cope, which is a shame - probably is much better when not very busy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Docmadness,
Thank you for writing a review about your experience with us at SpringHill Suites Las Vegas. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us, and we’re glad you enjoyed our quiet location, spacious accommodations, and value added amenities. It’s unfortunate to hear of the areas that we fell short in meeting your expectations. I sincerely apologize for your disappointment with the breakfast and any inconvenience you experienced with the elevator service. Your feedback provides opportunities for improving our guest experience. We appreciate your feedback on these areas and hope you will return and see our improvements. Thank you again.

David Nilemo, General Manager

Been to SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Convention Center? Share your experiences!