“Nice hotel, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #10 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Nice hotel, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We had a great time at the hotel. Everyone was very nice and helpful. The meals were surprisingly good given the situation. The rooms were large and clean. Only real complaint was the WIFI. It was hard to use or keep on.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Nicole-Marshall-LV, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you for your review, Manos773. I am glad you had an overall great stay and we are having our internet provider check on the WiFi connection today! --Nicole Marshall nmarshall@thmc.biz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I took my 18 year old son to Vegas for the EDC music festival as a graduation gift and wanted to stay just off the strip. I read the reviews on Staybridge and was very impressed, so I booked the king deluxe suite. Given that my son is no longer a little kid, I was glad to see that the king suite had a separate room to give him privacy. Well, when we arrived at the hotel there was no spare room for him. In fact, the room assigned to us wasn't even a king suite, but the bare bones standard suite. I talked with the front desk clerk and they stated there was no such room available at the hotel - even though there is a picture on their brochure and website showing a spare bedroom. Given that it was EDC weekend, the hotel was full so we couldn't even change rooms. So my son slept on the full bed and I slept on the pullout sofa - which was worse than the kind we had when I was a young child - 3 inches thick with springs poking at your ribs as you lay on it. On top of that, when I had spoken to a staff member weeks prior, I asked for a strip view and was told that wouldn't be a problem. Our view from the balcony turned out to be of the desert and 2 other hotels across the street. And finally, when I accidentally left my laptop charger back at the hotel when I checked out and asked them to mail it back to me in PA, I was charged $28 to have FedEx deliver it. So much for going the extra mile for your guests.

So overall, the hotel was clean and well appointed along with courteous staff. The room was quiet and gym was set up nicely with plenty of accessories to work out with. But in spite of that, I'm bitterly disappointed with my stay for the reasons stated above and will definitely choose another hotel when we return next June for EDC.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Infidel1989, thank you for taking the time to leave your review and I apologize we failed to meet all your expectations. I apologize for any confusion over the room types that our property has. We are one of the only Staybridge Suites not to have the two bedroom suite you saw online. The room you actually booked was a Studio Suite which is all one room, but it still has the king bed and queen bed fold out from the couch as well as the kitchenette. We do try to accommodate special request for views, however when we are 100% it does tend to get a bit difficult. I would love a chance to make this up to you. --Nicole Marshall nmarshall@thmc.biz
Appleton, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at Staybridge! They upgraded our room "just because we do that sometimes". The room had a full kitchen. Every room has a balcony. The hot tub by the pool was very relaxing. The hot breakfast was good. The beds were comfortable. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The shuttle to and from the strip was very convenient...just call and they will pick you up. We walked most of the time and the strip was about 20 minutes from the hotel. The hotel is clean. We were renewing our vows and when they found out they gave us a bottle of wine and a card, nice touch! It is also very quiet which is nice after you have been on the strip all day. We are planning to go back next year.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Nicole-Marshall-LV, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Congratulations on your vow renewal! We want to thank you for your review as well, mom19640. So happy we were able to exceed your expectations and ensure you had a quiet and lovely suite to come "home" to. --Nicole Marshall nmarshall@thmc.biz
NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

The service here leaves a lot to be desired. For example, we arrived at noon and the room wasn't ready, so the woman at the front desk took my cell phone number and said she would call when we could check in -- she didn't and the only reason we ever learned that our room was ready was because I called to see what was going on after several hours. Much more significantly, we had no hot water at all on the first morning -- when I called the front desk, I was told that they were already aware of the problem, that the entire hotel was without hot water, and that they didn't know when the problem would be fixed. As a result, we were forced to take some very unpleasant cold showers that day. And while I understand that a plumbing problem (or whatever happened) isn't really anyone's fault, the hotel didn't offer us anything to make up for a pretty big inconvenience (like a discount on that day's rate? free drink tickets? anything?). Aside from those issues, this hotel is a good option if you want to stay in a comfortable room near the strip but still pay a reasonable price (that includes a pretty extensive breakfast).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Nicole-Marshall-LV, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for your feedback, Evicat. Please accept my apologies over the lack of follow up and the hot water challenge. I am happy to let you know the water was corrected in under an hour, however I understand it's hard to wait when you need to get ready. We have coached out associates to be more mindful on their follow up time and to use more empathy when handling concerns. I would love a chance to make this up to you. --Nicole Marshall nmarshall@thmc.biz
Los angeles, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We were initially going to the marriot right next door but when i found this hotel and saw all the pictures it looked very nice. So when we got there and checked in our room wasn't ready so the very nice employees decided to bump us to a full dELUXE SUITE . It was absolutley amazing , a full kitchen(with a stove, microwave, huge refrigerator) a huge couch, great view of the strip, HUGE BATHROOM, Very comfy bed. The pool was amazing , and a delicous free breakfast buffet downstairs by the lobby. We loved it so much we are staying here again fourth of july weekend and I just can't wait !!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Nicole-Marshall-LV, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for your review, Lordefartquad. I am thrilled we were able to exceed your expectations and you had a great visit. If you need anything for your visits on July 4th, please feel free to reach out. --Nicole Marshall nmarshall@thmc.biz
Eldridge, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I picked this hotel for a family trip to Vegas since it is smoke and casino free yet convenient to the strip. I had emailed Ms. Marshall at the hotel requesting a strip view even though we would not be arriving until late on a Friday night and she did note it on our reservation as they were still able to accommodate this request on the second floor. This was very much appreciated.

A recent review complains of noise from Russell Rd and the Freeway but we did not notice that at all. I'm not sure what the difference could be.

The hotel is lovely and spotless. The staff is very friendly all the way around. The only complaint in that regard is that some of the front desk staff seemed somewhat uninformed about the surrounding area??? I don't know how else to phrase it but both my wife and I got that impression. We could be wrong.

Details. The one bedroom suite was VERY comfortable and inviting. The pool area was large, clean and basically wide open. My children were the only ones in the pool most of the time so it was great to lounge there. Importantly, this is not some resort where you have to pay too much for their food and drinks at the pool. you can bring your own beer/snacks to the pool area which was really nice. The breakfast was very nice. The location is convenient to all areas of las vegas as we also travelled downtown and to red rock canyon.

We had an issue with the shuttle. We asked for a ride to NYNY and prearranged for a return pick up and reminded the driver of the pick up when dropped off. we waited forever for the pick up and it never came. We called the hotel and said they would dispatch the driver right away. We waited forever and he never came. We called again and they said he had to run to the airport but would be right there. We grabbed a taxi. I'm not sure what happened but that was the only "bad" experience we had.

If I'm ever lucky enough to travel to Vegas with my family again I would not hesitate to stay here again. In fact, I very much look forward to the opportunity to do so.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you Hany K, for taking the time to leave your detailed feedback. I am glad you had an overall great stay with the family and we will ensure our front desk staff become more familiar with the area. I apologize over the shuttle challenges and will look into what occurred as well as ensure a delay such as this does not occur again. We can run 5-15 minutes late depending on traffic, but missing a pick up like this is not our normal levels of service. My apologies, once again. --Nicole Marshall nmarshall@thmc.biz
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This hotel is directly at the intersection of I15 and very busy Russell Rd. Our first suite was facing Russel Rd and the noise was a nightmare, especially at night and even with the doors closed. We changed to a suite facing the pool with no problems. We did'nt hear the street anymore but we now hear the noise from the airplanes starting from the adjacent airport.

Our status as platinum members of the IHG Rewards Club was not recognized or acknowledged.

We had a very nice and spacious deluxe one bedroom suite. Very stylish, very comfortable. The only thing one could criticize was that the shower head was on the wrong wall so the water would hit your head but not your body. The breakfast and the complimentary dinner was ok. What can you expect for that price. The pool area is quite nice but you can't make much use of it: extreme heat, strong winds and no sunshades.

Housekeeping is not every day and is very superficial. They make the bed, exchange towls, and remove trash. No cleaning at all.

The staff is really friendly, helpful and eager to keep the guests satisfied.

Overall still very good what you get for the moderate price but only if you have a poolside room. Otherwise forget it.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the street or highway!!!