“Excellent Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Las Vegas - Desert Club Resort

You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Las Vegas - Desert Club Resort to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Las Vegas - Desert Club Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   3950 Koval Lane, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Formerly Desert Club Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card!
Ranked #61 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Excellent Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My mom and I stayed here in November and absolutely loved it. I wasn't sure if I would enjoy staying off the strip but it was perfect. It was great to leave the busy streets of the strip and go back to a quiet relaxing place. The shuttle was convenient to have to the strip and also if the shuttle didn't suit you then cabs where cheap to grab at the strip and back to the resort. The market on site for getting your everyday grocery was very convenient to have if you didn't have a vehicle. The staff was very helpful especially the guy who carried both of our big suitcases on his shoulders up to the third floor. We stayed in the back of the property facing away from the strip and it was very quiet. We said that if we came back we would like to be in the front buildings just to see the strip and closer to the lobby. Remember there are no elevators. The on-site restaurant was decent nothing special.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Lugo A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Las Vegas - Desert Club Resort, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for your nice comments on our resort. Our owners and guests enjoy our great location, as well as our complimentary transportation. They appreciate the quietness and tranquility of the resort after a long day at the Strip!

We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay and thank you for your feedback.

We do value your patronage.

A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Cobourg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My Husband and I decided to take a trip to Vegas, we have been HGI members for a while and were offered a great value to go all we had to do was to listen to a Time Share Speech! We discussed it and thought why not we had always wanted to see Vegas and for 199.00 for 5 days we decided it was a good option!

We are not gamblers so we were sceptical about Vegas but there are SO many other options then gambling!

We went for New Years and had a Great time. From the moment we arrived the staff were welcoming. Jaymie at the front desk checked us in, gave us all the information we needed, our room was ready early and they allowed us to check in before 3.

The hotel provides shuttles to all areas of the strip several times a day and has regular pick ups as well. They also have a shuttle that goes to Freemont Street for the guest. There is someone at the front of the hotel to help you with information for the shuttles and they also have 24 hrs security at the gate.

We booked all of our shows with Natalie and the customer service desk and she was very friendly and helpful. We went to see Terry Fator and our tickets included dinner with unlimited Wine/Beer at the Cravings Buffet in the Mirage. The show was excellent, I would go and see him again anytime, and for someone who HATES buffets, this one was excellent! Great choices and food and did I mention the unlimited wine/beer? :)

We also booked a tour called Neon Lights it is a 6 hr tour of The Hoover Dam, Freemont St., and all the "things to see in Vegas" 55.00/pp and we had our own private tour guide,no buses to get on or off we had a man named Bill who had SO much information to share about Vegas he was wonderful to have as a tour guide , both my husband and I enjoyed this tour, it is a great thing for 1st timers to Vegas!

We went to see "The Vegas Show" at Planet Hollywood, this was a decent show, had a variety of everything, singing, dancing, an elvis look a like, etc. lots of fun, lots of action 90 mins good show for little cost.

When we were leaving Toronto Airport we went into a little cafe for a bite to eat and one of the waiters suggested a Restauraunt called "Hole in the Wall" everyone we mentioned it to in vegas knew what we were tlaking about. it is located right behind the Flamingo it is not splashy but the food is EXCELLENT. Italian Food your dinner will include garlic bread, soup or salad, your entree unlimited wine and a capichino between 25.00-35.00 pp! Excellent!!

Our room was great, a one bedroom suite on the 3RD floor., if you don't mind the stairs I would suggest this. It was was newly renovated. Kitchen, Living Room, Large Bedroom with KS bed, Big Bathroom, Washer/Dryer, Balcony with a Table and Chairs. The hotel has several pools, a gym, hot tubs, a little restaurant where we had breakfast every morning. Most morning we shared a breakfast as the plates are HUGE anyhwere in the USA and we can't eat that much, but it was good and the service was good. There is a small market on the property to get groceries, beer, wine, some gifts if you wanted.
It took us @ 10 mins to walk to the Flamingo and then you were on the Strip free to go wherever you want! There are bookets available at customer service that have coupons to everything in it. Go through it and decide what you want to do in Vegas and then use the coupons we used one for the Hole in the Wall, we also used one to go up into the tower at Paris, we used one for the Vegas Show as well but there are TONS of coupons so use them!!!

I thought Vegas would be a place I would only go and see one time, but I can hardly wait to go back... Every trip will be different.

Room Tip: 3rd floor will be the most quiet if stairs don't bother you. there are no elevators to use. We w...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for making the time to share your personal vacation experience with us. We are glad that you enjoyed the resort, as well as all of the amenities and services provided.and look forward to your return visit.

Montross, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Do not overlook the best place for family stay in las vegas, the staff, especially January and Suzzette make you a VIP, all others greet you warmly-like family and make your presence feel as if you really are important to them. Wow! take the children to the well staffed activity center-this is not just a destination on the brochure-this is a really great entertainment center for the little ones as well as for mom and dad. The bonus is the heated pools, spas, cooking grills, plenty of well lighted parking, free shuttle to numerous spots on the strip, and plenty of inside and outside personnel to insure that you stay is perfect. Oh, have I failed to describe the the condo unit; well appointed, plenty of room, fully equipped kitchen, clean, and beds as comfortable as at the Wynn. Complex was extremely quite and clean. Location is unbelievable as it is one block behind strip (you are at the center of the strip) on Koval Lane which runs parallel to Las Vegas Blvd which makes everything accessible with out the hassle of the traffic and 10 million stoplights on the blvd!!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your very nice feedback on our resort, staff and services.

We pride ourselves in being a family oriented resort and we are glad when families staying with us make the most out of all of the resort's facilities including the Activities Center, Game Room, Concierge, BBQ and five outdoor heated pools open 24/7!

We look forward to your return visit!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed in one of the villas for four nights. The staff was very helpful and attentive and the resort was quiet which was great being that it is close to the strip. shuttle service was a plus and the pools were heated.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind words on our staff and the resort!
We do value your patronage!

Willimantic, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

This was my first time to Vegas and I was extremely happy with my stay here.
The front desk staff are extremely nice and pleasant to deal with.
The rooms were gorgeous! Much more then I expected. They were clean, recently renovated, modern, excellent.
The shuttle service is great. They bring you right to your door at the end of the night so that you don't have to walk.
The location itself is within walking distance to the strip. It's in a good area. I felt safe the whole time.
I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
We are glad that you chose our resort as your destination on your first visit to Las Vegas and that it was such a positive experience! We get many compliments on our resort facilities, services and accommodations, as well as the safety of its private location just a few blocks from The Strip!

We look forward to your return stay!

A.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Don't drink anything from the Gold Mine resturant bar from an evil woman behind the bar with number 22 on her shirt especially if you are black. I bought a beer from her on December 23 after 6 hours of telling them no a hundred times to a time share. Well she sold me a can of beer so nasty I couldn't get it off the can so I called Gold Mine back and some women told me to bring it back. When I brought it back she said what is this did you buy that down stairs and I said no I bought it from you. She told me she's not taking it back. So I told her you don't have too I will take it to the front desk. So she went to get the manager on her way in the back she called me a stupid lair this happened on December 25 and that set me off. Well I told the front desk they told me they will have the manager of Gold Mine call me. When the manager called I answered the phone and he asked to speak to my husband. I don't know why he wanted to talk to my husband I was the one with the complaint. I don't know what he said to my husband. My husband told me that I embrassed him because I got loud after the women called me a stupid liar and was loud with me first. Well this started my husband and I to fight and spoiled the rest of my vacation. I will never ever stay there at the Holiday Inn Desert Resort again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and felt our staff was very accommodating. We hope you will not let your vacation timeshare experience mar your perception of the resort.

We do value your patronage.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Have a timeshare at this property and it is great. Close to the Strip, the LinQ is being built across the street and the Condo's are excellent. This year we had 2 bedroom with 2 king size beds, full kitchen, living/dining room, washer/dryer and the kitchen comes fully equipt. Stayed 6 days 7 nights and it was over all too soon. Wish I could afford to go back 3 or 4 times a year. Drove down from Montana, 12 degrees below zero, when we left and 66 degrees when we finally had to leave Las Vegas. Just absolutely love this property, everything is so clean and neat. Didn't swim but the pools look wonderful. All the employees are very friendly, even the birds came to visit us on our balcony, that was a nice little surprise. Love the shuttle bus that takes you to the Strip and to the Outlet Mall. This was the best vacation since I went to Germany.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for making the time to share your vacation experience!

We get a lot of compliments on our resort facilities, cleanliness and friendliness of our staff and will be happy to share your comments with all of our employees.

Again, thanks for sharing and we're glad to learn that this was your "Best Vacation Ever"!
We look forward to your return stay.

A

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Las Vegas - Desert Club Resort? Share your experiences!