“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Las Vegas - Desert Club Resort

You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Las Vegas - Desert Club Resort to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Las Vegas - Desert Club Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   3950 Koval Lane, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Formerly Desert Club Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card!
Ranked #62 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Ottawa, Canada
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was offered 3 free nights here a little over a year ago when I reserved a HI room. I had to make a $199 deposit which would be refunded after attending a 2 hour sales presentation. I did my research and was prepared for the worst.

I got a call around the 1-year mark saying I had to pay more to extend the reservation beyond 1 year. However, I called to reserve and no such fee was mentioned. It did cost me $99 for a weekend stay but that was a steal compared to the strip. They also charge you $20 to change a reservation, but since I changed from a Tue arrival to Thu, I only paid the $99.

The property is very nice. Easy to navigate, clean with lots of parking and very quiet. Great for families and older couples, but I found it too quiet. The unit was a 1-bedroom suite that was fine for me, and would have been for a couple, but it would have been cramped with 4. Also, the only bathroom was off the bedroom.

It was great to have ensuite laundry as I was able to wash 4 days' worth of clothes mid-trip. I ate at Gold Rush twice and the cheese sticks and burger were excellent.

Now for the sales presentation. I met Bill, a 66 yo from New York. He was easy going and knowledgeable. The presentation was informative and suggestive. I kept waiting for sales pressure but it never came. I made it clear that I was a math teacher and good with numbers, travelled alone often and had a sporadic travel schedule. He asked me if I was interested in buying a package because he had to, but he was very straightforward.

It was not the best resort for me, however, it was better than I expected and had many perks. A family or older couple would really enjoy the resort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Lugo A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Las Vegas - Desert Club Resort, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your avcation experience with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay as well as our timeshare presentation. We look forward to your return stay.

A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Orange Park, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Rooms were spacious and clean. Full kitchen with dishes and cookware. Some furniture looked well used but everything was in good working order. Pool water was too warm. I think they were still heating them. Gym was clean and in good working order. Resort provides a free shuttle service to the strip. Was not impressed with their restaurant, Joe's Gold Mine Bar & Grill, only good for drinks and lunch sandwiches.

Room Tip: there are no elevators
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We are glad that you had an pleasant stay and enjoyed our spacious one bedroom accommodations.

We look forward to your return stay.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We rented a 2 bedroom condo July 6th- 13th. Not one complaint. Staff is friendly and helpful. Shuttle service is excellent. Pool could use a good cleaning, but overall all it is a great place to stay. Quiet and relaxing. This was our 3rd time staying and we will definitely stay here again if we get back to Vegas! Thanks to all the staff, you guys are great!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Lugo A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Las Vegas - Desert Club Resort, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your very nice comments on our resort. We are glad that you and your granddaughter had a great stay and we look forward to your return stay.

PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We go to Vegas to dine and see shows. We aren't gamblers and don't appreciate the hustle and bustle of the strip or the Casinos. With that said, we were pleasantly pleased with this location off strip that had every amenity we needed. I have to say, reading the reviews I might not have considered this location, but as a party of two, this unit had everything we needed for our stay in Vegas. Our unit was impeccably clean, it was completely updated with modern stainless appliances and décor, the king bedding was clean and comfortable (really the only thing we disliked were the severely small & smushy pillows for a king bed) and the fireplace would be cozy in cooler weather. Great flat panel TV's in both the living area and bedroom, Bath & Body Works amenities in the bathroom. They provided everything you need in the kitchen including cleaning supplies. Now mind you, the unit was not large. A family of four or two couples might not be comfortable in here. But for one couple, we appreciated this quiet, off-strip location that fit our preferences. They provide shuttle service if you need it (we actually took one shuttle to NYNY and walked back on our own). There are 5 pools on property and you can use any one. The gym, that we looked at but did not use, was a little Spartan. The only other downside is if you are on the second or third floor there are no elevators - people with walking issues or other disabilities might not take kindly to that - we are active and try to stay in shape so it was ok with us. The check in staff was also efficient and personable, everyone always greeted us, security staff was also pleasant and friendly. We would consider this resort again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your nice feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed our resort accommodations and services. I am sorry that you did not get to visit our new Fitness Center, which is twice the size and has state of the art equipment, including cycles, dumbbells, leg press, elliptical machines, leg press, multi-workout stations, treadmills and much more.

Hopefully, you will be able to enjoy on your next stay.

Thanks for sharing with us!
Califorina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This property has no free mid week cleaning! The coach sofa bed was the worst one we had ever slept on. We made a front office call, were told we would be called right back. It was 5 hours later. The timeshare closing salesman was very rude. On the good side the size of the 1 bedroom was great. We enjoyed the fireplace, washer and dryer and the walk in closet. Parking was great, right outside our room. We stayed here June 17-23, 2013.

Room Tip: Ground floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed our resort accommodations. The housekeeping cleaning is available for a nominal fee and in addition, we do provide complimentary towels and linen exchange. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request and we hope you will not let this isolated delay keep you from staying with us again.
We do value your patronage.

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed here for free as a promotion for the Holiday Inn time share. It was not worth it. We didn't like the location. The hotel suite was modern and spacious but the amenities were poor. The pools were small and it was hard to get a decent cup of coffee. As expected the time share meeting was very stressful, several people came out to lay on the pressure and it lasted 3 hours although we were promised only 2 hours. After the presentation we were so nervous that it basically wasted the whole day for us - on a four day vacation that's a lot. I actually was open to the idea of joining the vacation club before I went in but I felt that what they offered wasn't worth the price. I was shocked when they said what it would cost to join so I declined and they came back at me with a quarter of the original price! Which I still didn't want but I was surprised that a reputable chain would blow up their prices like that. Four and Five Star hotels in Vegas are pretty cheap and in hind sight I'd rather pay for my stay than have to go through that. Never again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your candid remarks.

Most of our owners and guests love our convenient location, off the strip due to the convenience of being close and the relaxing residential feel of the resort. With the complimentary transportation, they truly enjoy the best of both worlds. We proudly serve Starbucks coffee at the resort and also provide complimentary coffee and tea as part of our start up package.

Again, thank you for your candid remarks.

New Braunfels, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

When selecting where to stay with our nine year old granddaughter in Las Vegas for two nights, we felt the large Casino Hotels was not what we were looking for. We arrived in Las Vegas without reservations wanting to check out the resort first. Desert Club Resort was perfect. The only concern was no elevators. My husband had twisted his knee earlier in the week, but the gentleman at the front desk gave us a first floor room near the front of the resort. Our view was of the back of the strip. It was great to be so close to the strip but totally out of the craziness of it all. The room was perfect. My favorite was the washer and dryer as we had been on the road for a week. It was great to get all the clothes washed and dried while we swam in the pool. We only visited two of the pools. The front pool was cool and refreshing. The pool near the fountain was very warm. We parked our car right near our apartment. This alone was priceless, as most hotels in Las Vegas require you to take a hike to get from your room to your hotel. There was little pressure to take the tour for vacation sales. If you are so inclined, the resort offered a nice discount for several shows or dinner venues. If you are looking for a family atmosphere in Las Vegas, Desert Club Resort is highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay and the resort services and facilitties. While we are strategically located just a block away from the Strip, most of our guests enjoy the complimentary transportation.

We look forward to your return stay.

A

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Las Vegas - Desert Club Resort? Share your experiences!