“My Dog's Favorite Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #19 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cerritos, California
“My Dog's Favorite Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

This is our second stay at Element and it was just as excellent as the first. Don't be fooled by the pet friendly label, because you could never tell from the rooms. That tells me the housekeeping staff is doing a great job. The eco-friendly hotel has bicycles for its guests, as well as water stations near the elevators to save the world from being overrun by plastic bottles. The staff is welcoming and always willing to assist. The breakfast is a nice touch and it's nice to be able to partake of the meal with my dog sitting by my feet, just like at home.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

272 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

We needed the extra night to hit platinum status so we decided to stay here for the night.

When we entered the lobby we were surprised to see the well done lobby and seating areas and over all feel for the hotel. Staff was professional, rooms perfect, and the Eco friendly feel and set up was the best we have ever seen!

Breakfast set up was perfect, I don't have any negatives at all!

I would need to say this was one of the top five Starwood facilities we have EVER stayed in!

Keep up the great work!

• Stayed December 2013
Marina del Rey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Bad everything, roach motel, very freaky. Think buzzing leon lights, vibrating beds, like in one of those older X-Files episodes. Stay away ...

... stay away so the rest of us can enjoy this most excellent hotel. I very rarely give a full 5 stars to a property if you look at my profile. In fact, of all the hotels I stay at, only one other property was worthy of a perfect score, so this is only the second. As someone that travels 100% and spends about 220 nights at hotels per year, as a Starwood Platinum and Hilton Diamond, I can't find faults with this hotel, which is rare as my scoring card is tough (I've been known to check into a property and check out within two hours if it wasn't up to business standards). Ok, maybe 0.2 stars off for not having an outdoor hot tub, but that's picky, especially given that they have a full grill you can use. In short, the other positive reviews speak for themselves.

Let's face it, in the hotel capital of the world, to rank so high and yet be so far from the LV strip, it says a lot. Enough said.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel does face the highway, so not sure about those rooms, but the other side was s...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Our stay from check in to check out was impeccable. The room was spacious with a comfortable bed and a well appointed bathroom. The breakfast had numerous healthy options, such as breakfast burritos (both with meat and vegetarian choices) and smoothie shooters. The hotel prides itself on its eco-friendliness, so there are amenities such as bicycle rentals and a an electric car charging station right outside of the lobby.

After such a wonderful stay, I cannot imagine staying anywhere else in Vegas!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Element by Westin Las Vegas Summerlin, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
We greatly appreciate your review, thank you for taking the opportunity to share it with us. It’s delightful to hear such positive feedback about your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear our modern eco-friendly design fit your style and needs well. We are dedicated to creating the most relaxing and comfortable environment possible for our guests and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Vegas!
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed here for one night during a cross country move with my 40lb dog.

Pros:
Very dog friendly hotel.
Rooms are not huge, but are fully furnished with silverware and everything (pots, pans, dishwasher, etc)
Area felt very safe
Free parking
Free breakfast

Cons:
Not a lot of food / restaurants around
10-15 minute drive to the strip (didn't bother me at all)

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms are pretty much the same.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Newton, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Terrific option for anyone who enjoys no smoking and no casino/gaming! Perfect for a stay with my elderly parents to attend a nearby wedding. Easy to find, a few shops and restaurants in walking distance but otherwise a car is essential.

I called ahead to make some room requests, which were politely and swiftly accommodated. Front desk and breakfast room service were all friendly and of high quality.

Nicely appointed room (I like how the TV swings around to wherever you want to sit). Good WiFi and I was able to get work done in the room.

Love the comfortable bed and the spacious bathroom (especially the shower - always preferable to a tub).

Didn't get a chance to use the pool, but it looked nice, and the fitness room is good, too. Very nice breakfast (though no bananas on day 2- boo) with many options . Love that the OJ is real! Good smoothies, too.

Room Tip: away from the freeway
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I would recommend this place to anyone who comes to Vegas. It's 15mins away from the strip by car and 15mins away to the biggest dog park in Vegas (barkin' basin dog park). I love that the hotel is very dog friendly, perfect for our 1 big dog and 1 small dog! And most of all it's clean, modern, staffs are super friendly and the whole place is very well managed! They have an outdoor pool and a kitchen with fridge n dishwasher in most of the rooms, which is nice we get to cook our own food. We already extended our stay but unfortunately we are on a long roadtrip otherwise we would stay another week! :)

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Element by Westin Las Vegas Summerlin? Share your experiences!