“Ok” 4 of 5 stars

40% off Room Rates!
Ranked #114 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for three nights and its an ok hotel but has some flaws that could easily be fixed. We paid for the newly remodelled stratosphere select room and it was very nice except the bathroom, I previously stayed at the stratosphere about 8 years ago and I reckon the bathroom hasn't changed! The tub was grimy and the plug all rusty and the toilet seat was all chipped and the shower was awful. The room itself and all hallways have been nicely renovated, why not do the bathrooms too? Another major issue is the cleaning, we had booked a king bed room but they only had a two queen bed room available when we got there, it was only a short stay so this didn't bother us, one of the beds sheets had a stain so we slept in the spare bed. i noticed that the sheets on the first bed were not changed at all during our stay as the stain was still there. also the hallways had used room service trays that were not cleared away. one day a nearby room had a tray with some leftover strawberries, chocolate sauce and cream left outside the door, it was still there in the hallway when we were leaving, over 24hours later! Location is not great but if you hire a car this wont be a problem.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,022)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed one night at the Stratosphere because we got a great deal. This was the first night of our week-long trip. We had never stayed there before, and I had never even been on the property before.

It turned out to be a great stay, and in nearly all ways that count, I enjoyed staying there more than the other place we stayed. We did pay a little extra to get a "Select Room", which was nice. The room was great. The Casino was great. The resort fee covers tower admission, and we enjoyed that experience. The resort fee also got us 2-for-1 to Pinup, which was fun.

The one item that knocked it down from 5-stars is the location. It's easy to get in and out, which is a major plus, but the major downside is that it isn't close to any other casino, so transportation is needed.

The best part of the hotel, though, and the reason I will go back, is that the staff was the most friendly I've ever had in Las Vegas. The hotel is clearly going out of its way to present that atmosphere, and it really showed.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This vacation was not like my normal vacations with my husband. This was a girls trip. We tried to accomodate various budgets so we did things that i would not necessarily do on a regular vacation. all and all I must admit this was probably one of the best trips I ever had to Vegas. This hotel was actually pretty decent. The casino was dark but clean and didn't smell that bad. Some of the casinos you walk into that is the first thing that greets you but at the Stratosphere it was not so bad. We checked in to one of the tower rooms which we were told were the newest and very nice. We had a clear view of the jumpers every so often we would here the scream when we looked out the windows we would see a skydiver jumping from the platform. That took a minute for me to get used to though. The room was pretty spacious and clean. It had a good size bathroom the tub was just in need of reglazing, all and all not bad for the price...not bad at all. The staff at the hotel were super friendly and very helpful. Daniel our bellhop was amazing he answered all of our questions and gave us good advice on where to go! Our waitress at the buffet in the mornings was so sweet. One morning one of the girls was not feeling so well and asked for ginger ale. The restaurant did not have ginger ale but our waitress made a concoction of ginger and club soda, that did the trick!

The hotel is very far from the center of the strip. The first day, we walked to Mircle Mile Mall just because we wanted to see everything in betwee,n but that is not advisable. For our return trip we bought a bus pass. we atually ended up using the bus pass and the monorail alot durning our stay. it was economical and pretty convenient. I must admit, all of the times I have been to Vegas I have never used public transportation. I was pleasantly surprised at the experience and would not hesistate recommending it if you are staff as far north as the Stratosphere.

the area around the stratosphere seems to be in transition right now. They have torn down the Sahara and are building another hotel which will be nice hopefully. the neigborhood wasnt that bad. at not point did us "girls" feel unsafe when catching the bus or walking accross the street from the bus stop.

Room Tip: try to get a newer tower room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

It wasn't a bad stay, just too many little things to ever stay again. House keeping was lacking. Was here 5 days/4night, palm prints on window, bathroom sink not cleaned,cleaning rag left as face cloth, rug not vacuumed until last day of stay. Paid $30 for late check out(3pm) last day. At 1pm had housekeeping knock and walk in. Told her I had late check out. 5 mins later I had some strange male employee just walk into the room with out knocking. I called down to front desk was told by Debbie that my late check out wasn't done correctly in computer and she would be happy to express check out my account if I was unhappy.

Hotel is very far from main part of strip, in not a bad area but a little bit shady. If going out at night do a buddy system.

Most of general wait staff where friendly, stores where good.

Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

As we didn't book this hotel, we arrived expecting a basic room maybe, but as far as I'd hoped, the just above 'minimal' rooms were plentiful and so I asked for a room as high as possible. And we got that! 21st floor, on the garage side, but who cares? We had a romance suite during the honeymoon, so this was great for the price, 60 bucks a night.
Less great was the fact that wifi wasn't free, 12 dollars they wanted for that and so we skipped that for now. Motel 6 does it for three, but 12? Probably golden cables, get all the way up. . You'ld think the shopping malls give you open wifi, but haven't found it too. Shame.

As you'ld expect, the entire complex suits the bill and rooms are cleaned accordingly. Casino at ground level, fast elevators, bar, the lot. You just can't interchange your casino tickets with other casinos, must be part of their system.

The only downside of this hotel is the public parking, free, but still. ..
Three years ago, one could drive onto the driveway and get a half hour time limit to check in. Now we thought we did the right thing the same way and the guys from the valet parking had to escort us to the public parking, which is around the corner, in the next street!! The old spot is now reserved for valet parking only. And you have to know where to enter the garage, otherwise you drive by it.

Other than this, we had a great stay at Stratosphere!

Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The room was one of the smallest I had on my US tour and had the least facilities - no coffee or fridge. But I believe that is true of most Vegas casino hotels.

Air con was very quiet.

One big advantage of staying here is you get up the tower for free. But be warned it can get very busy in the evenings with long queues.

It is walkable to the main part of the strip if you but it's some way away. The bus stops outside though and the monorail is also quite close.

Very good eating places in the hotel. Fellini's Italian restaurant served very good food and the service was excellent. Staff were very friendly and polite.

For breakfast, the corned beef hash in Roxy's diner is superb, but huge; you may want to share. Alternatively the I-hop pancake place just down the road serves good breakfast and a more varied menu.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were a little skeptical about staying here but the hotel has done some renovating. We stayed in the select tower which was completely renovated. It was a great room, nice size and very clean. The hallways were nice and clean and it was very easy to get around. As a non-smoker I liked the fact that the casino was not that smokey. We were able to go up the tower without paying as we were guests and we went up 3x. What a beautiful view both during the day and night. The pool was great. The restaurants were not too expensive because it's away from the main part of the strip but we just bought the 3 day bus passed and it worked out great. This hotel is closer to Freemont Street it was just a very short bus ride away. We will definitely stay here again and highly recommend as long as you are in the renovated section. And we did fairly well in the casino, was paying out more than the ones on the main part of the strip. Someone won $242,000 on the slots while we were there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Stratosphere Hotel, Casino and Tower? Share your experiences!