“Great price, on the strip, decent accommodations.” 4 of 5 stars

SAVE UP TO 25% OFF!
Ranked #99 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Elkhart, Indiana
“Great price, on the strip, decent accommodations.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

For the price paid, it really is a pretty nice place to stay where you're centrally located right in the heart of the strip. I don't neccesarily agree with the "Resort Fee" they charge each night however. But apparently most of the hotels charge this fee now. I'm not exactly sure what I got for this added fee. I was under the impression that free wireless internet was included with this but there was no wireless available at all. Before my stay, I had read some reviews that stated upon check-in, the "reserved room" was not available. This indeed happenned to me as well. I had reserved a smoking king superior strip view room (an upgrade from standard). At check-in, I was advised that my room type was not available at which point she attempted to talk me into a two bed smoking room that "may" be available. Am I wrong or doesn't a "reservation" mean that whatever you reserve should be "reserved" for you and be available at check-in? I stated I didn't really want a two bed room which is why I didn't reserve same. She then said she could put me in a "Premium" room which was non smoking but had a balcony I could smoke on. I asked if this was at least of similar quality of the upgraded room I had reserved. She then asked....well what type of room did you reserve? I'm like...really?? Shouldn't you have that information on your computer? I told her what type of room I reserved and she looked puzzled. I then showed her my reservation at which point she said, well the premium rooms are an "upgrade" from what I originally reserved. I said fine, I'll take it. Although the room was nice and well appointed, I really have no idea if it was indeed an "upgrade" as she stated. The "strip view" consisted of looking directly across at the Quad (formerly Imperial Palace) which was not asthetically pleasing to the eye. The balcony (about 12" deep) overlooked the pool area, which in January was not in use. While looking to my left, I saw what appeared to be a "newer" tower section of the hotel, meaning I was in the "older" tower. This also made me wonder if the suppossed "upgrade" I received was indeed an upgrade at all. Getting back to the room, it was nicely furnished with fairly large flat screen TV as well as a smaller TV in the bathroom which was nice. Although the room had many updated furnishings, you could tell the hotel itself has been there awhile. The tub area was older and worn. The bathroom had two (probably 40 watt bulbs) in the fixtures which made it very dark and gloomy looking. The bed was of high quality and very comfortable. Upon returning to my room late on the first night, I turned on the TV to find sound but no picture. I called down and they sent up a technician relatively quickly. He stated the system they have has a tendancy to "reset" itself every so aften. He spent about 30 seconds working his magic in back of the TV and presto, I had a picture. I should mention he was very nice and professional which I found impressive. On the last night of my stay (again returning late at night), I once again turned on the TV to find no picture. It was late, I was tired and didn't feel like calling down again so I turned it off. House cleaning staff appeared to do a good job although a cleaning rag was left in the room one day. As I mentioned before, the hotel has been there awhile but most areas have been updated nicely. The elevators are old and showing their age but did the job. The staff were generally friendly and courteous. The casino area was very adequate in size and selection. I actually had the best "luck" at the slots at Harrahs compared to some of the other casinos in the immediate area. Overall I had a nice stay and would probably stay here again. Just remember that you aren't guaranteed the room type you reserve and be prepared to insist on at least a comparable or upgraded alternative room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,396)
  • Thai first
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

First of all Harrah's has one of the best locations in all of Las Vegas, It is right in the middle of a lot of action. Other Large hotel and casinos are right next door and across the street. Such as The flamingo, The Quad, Bally"s, Caesars and the Mirage.
The Joy of being close and personal to the live music going on all around you makes you want to dance even if you don't know how. The price of a room is affordable, you don't have to be a high-roller to be treated like royalty at Harrah's.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are always quieter anywhere
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

we stay in this hotel last year November, go Las Vegas for business,
the location is really very good, in the center of all attractions, right on the strip,
next to the VENETIAN hotel and plaza, the room was very large and clean, (a suite on high floors) very good for the price not so expensive, have a nice view to the strip, and opposite to our window we can see the "fire" attraction front of MIRAGE Hotel.
the breakfast area is like you are in a three stars hotel, no so pleasure to stay.
For the casino Harrah's I can not vote because I am not so fan to gambling, but is a very large casino,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I stayed at Harrah's Las Vegas from Jan 31st thru Feb 3rd for the Superbowl weekend, and this marked my 4th time staying here.

The location simply can't be beat being right in the middle of the strip. It's certainly not the most extravagant hotel on the strip, but it certainly serves the purpose with a clean, comfortable room. Our room this year was in the Madi Gras tower room 1433. Room had a view of the pool area, carnival court and the new ferris wheel that will be opening soon.

Customer service at check in/check out was good, and housekeeping did a good job keeping our room clean and stocked with towels.

Gaming at Harrah's was good as usual. We did venture over to the new Quad and O'Sheas as well several times. I certainly do like how they redid the area outside of the carnival court now; it's not as congested as it once was with all of the vendors and smalls walk ways. You can know pass through there quite easily.

Will certainly return again at some point!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Springfield, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

So First off I chose Harrah's mainly for the location. For the Strip you really can't beat the location for the price you will pay. If you choose something like the Stratosphere you will be far from the heart of the Strip so I went with Harrah's.
When I checked in the lady at the counter said there were taxes on the room due for the 4 nights I was staying and that was another $80 which is deceiving made it look like a better deal online and then have to pay the $80 so not such a bargain after all.
So I went to gamble mainly and maybe catch a show or something or just do a little sight seeing.
I'm going to have to say if you are going to gamble limit yourself especially at Harrah's.
I played and played for hours never hit anything over $50 jackpot. I bet various amounts I bet from 45 cents a pop all the way up to 3 dollars a shot. Do not expect to win hear as it is damn near impossible.
I did go to the buffet a few times and it was pretty standard not bad not outstanding. Cost was around $28 per person. They do have a few stores with snacks inside the Hotel but the prices are a little steep. Did order room service once for food and it was actually pretty good and was a little over $20.
I went solo on this trip and meeting people in Vegas is a breeze there are a lot of really friendly people that I met along the way. A woman invited me to a show while I was playing the slots and that was cool I took her up on it said her friend couldn't make it.
It was overall a pretty cool trip. I do recommend going with friends or significant other though unless you are super outgoing and what not I had a decent time going solo but I probably would prefer going with friends.

Room Tip: I was on the Mardi Gras Tower 11th Floor there is a band that plays right below that area until afte...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Hamilton NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Great clean and nice place. Me and my husband went there this past January. Close to all attractions on the strip. Duce stop was right across the street. Next door there is a small casino in Best Western and beer and shots are a lot cheaper than anywhere else on the strip. They gave us double beds room but changed it to king size next morning. Nice staff and easy car rental. We will be back for sure. Thank you for making our trip so much easier.

• Stayed January 2014
Milwaukee, wi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Great location right on the strip! Room was adequate and large enough to bring in a roll away bed. Handy having a Starbucks right down stairs! Denny's next door made it for an economical mid-week break!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Harrah's Las Vegas? Share your experiences!