Stayed in June of 2013 for three nights (Wed-Fri). I got a great deal via Total Rewards even with the resort fee tagged on. Room was very basic but clean. I asked for a quiet room and couldn't hear any noise outside. There was no fridge but I bought one of those styrofoam mini coolers at CVS and loaded it with beer and food (also at CVS by the Venetian). The housekeeping was great and they were very friendly. For the price I can't complain but here's what some people may have a problem with:
1. It's a basic room. It's good...not great...not bad. I've stayed at Paris and on my own dollar this (Harrah's) is a better deal as I'm never in the room in Vegas 'cept to sleep / take a break.
2. As mentioned the casino is old and has a lot of smoke. So walk out and go to another.
3. The internet was hard wired when I was there and I knew it in advance, thanks to Trip Advisor user reviews, and confirmed it via a twitter post to Harrah's. Since the resort fee included internet, as justification I hauled my laptop down to Vegas to take advantage of it. If they had wifi I would've just taken my tablet.
4. As at least one other person mentioned in a review, the toilets, when flushed, do an agressive “whoooosh!!!!!” - great for getting rid of waste but noisey. No problem on Wed and Thurs but on Friday night (okay Sat. morning....around 4:00 a.m.) I woke up due to hearing this from other rooms and never got back to sleep. A “whooosh!!!” every 10 minutes or so. Not something that I think the hotel will fix.
I'd go back in a heartbeat during the week when the “whoosh” sound isn't as often and I'd take ear plugs just in case. I also didn't hear any hall noise....maybe a bit on Friday night but it's Vegas....you could drop $300 a night on a room and hear hall noise. There's solid value here if you can deal with the 4 issues I listed. Oh, there's a safe in the room, mine was a wall safe that would fit things like money, a wallet / passport, phones, tablet etc but there was no way my laptop would come close to fitting in it.
Checkin – under 10 minutes to complete upon a morning arrival (maybe 11:55 a.m.) and I was NOT charged an early checkin fee (checked in on a Wed and showed my Total Rewards card). Had they charged me, I likely would've refused and stored my luggage and ripped them in this review. So head's up Harrah's if you're reading this.....we know get charged a lot in Vegas so be careful. Checkout was about 12 minutes. All in all.....pretty good for Vegas. I guess it depends on arrival / deptarture times.
In short, this place is a killer deal but the lack of wifi (and Harrah's not posting that in advance), some noisey flushing and a smoke heavy casino may turn some off. If you can handle what I've mentioned and get a good rate then book it. Would've been 4 stars for value had the noise not been an issue.
- Also Known As:
- Harrah`s Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Harrah`s Las Vegas Hotel
- Harrahs Las Vegas
- Harrahs Hotel
- Harrahs Hotel Las Vegas
- Harrahs Las Vegas Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At fun, friendly and action-packed Harrah’s Las Vegas, you’re always comfortable and welcome. At it’s location in the heart of the Strip, you’ll find a host of entertainment that extends throughout and beyond the gaming floor. Harrah’s is home to the hit show Defending the Caveman, the historic Improv Comedy Club and the ultimate celebrity tribute, Legends in Concert. For those looking for a bite to eat, unpretentious down-home cooking and laid back fun is a staple at Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar & Grill while The Range Steakhouse is sets the scene for an elegant dinner. After (or before) dinner drinks can be had at one of several bars – the newest being Numb, a frozen cocktail bar located right on the casino floor. For those looking to have fun outdoors, Carnaval Court Outdoor Nightlife is non-stop party just steps away from the Strip. Don’t miss the flair bartenders! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Venere, Tingo, Expedia, BookIt.com, Vegas.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Harrah's Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.