“Petite suite this time!” 4 of 5 stars

Vegas! Rooms from $40
Ranked #88 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Roanoke, Indiana
“Petite suite this time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Comped for 5 nights in a petite suite. Have not seen much about these rooms and was not sure what to expect. Check in was a breeze. Room was on the 25th floor, looked out at the volcano at the Mirage. Very quite, little noise heard. Room is larger then standard rooms and has a couch, table, coffee table, desk, cupboard, and a TV that swivels and can be seen from the bed or the couch. Bathroom is large with COFFEE POT--YEAH! Room was cleaned each day in the morning which was greatly appreciated. Will continue to stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,870)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed at Harrah's with my friend, sister and mother over a weekend in February when we went to Las Vegas for the P!nk concert. We booked two adjoining rooms. There was a long line to check in because it was a holiday weekend in the States, and Valentine's as well as the concert. Reception was friendly and fast once we got to the desk. We found our rooms at the end of a long hallway and a long walk for my 81 year old mother. We asked to move to two other adjoining rooms closer to the elevators and luckily the hotel was able to find us two other rooms though they were quite full and we moved the following morning with no problems, just exchanged keys at the concierge's desk. They even delivered a fridge to my mom's room when we couldn't open the minibar and she needed somewhere to keep her medications. We chose this hotel for its reasonable price and central location and good reviews about the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms. We weren't disappointed with any of these. We were right across the street from Caesar's and the Mirage. To our right was Tickets Tonight and Denny's and a food court with Macdonald's for cheap meals. A couple of blocks away was the Fashion Show Mall, the Venetian and Wynn. A bonus was finding out there was a Monorail station in our hotel, so we took that from Harrah's to MGM Grand then made our way to Mandalay Bay for the concert on the free tram from Excalibur. We got tickets to a show at the Rio Hotel, then found out there was a free shuttle right from Harrah's to the Rio so that was another unexpected bonus. We had a late flight going home and the hotel stored our baggage all day at no charge. We were disappointed with the casino as there weren't a lot of penny slot machines to choose from but otherwise we had no complaints and would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Perfect value for money.
Central location - hotel on the Strip, cheap, very clean
Comfortable rooms. Friendly service. Excellent Meal Pass for various hotels of the branch (deserts in Paris - unrivaled).
We felt very comfortable

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Farmingdale, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I decided to stay here with my fiancée in Jan because we were offered a week free and I have to say it was surprisingly a nice stay. I think the Harrah's in Atlantic City is a nice hotel, but this property is nice as well. The room was okay, nothing to write home about. I like rooms with a nice view and a big bathroom, the room we stayed in had an okay view and the bathroom was pretty tiny. I must say they did try to accommodate my friends and I by giving us rooms close to each other as they could not give us joining rooms as we had hoped for. It was also really nice having a Starbucks in the hotel because we did not have to go around searching for good coffee. Table minimums we great, you can find a lot of $5 tables, especially in the morning. We did not really eat at this hotel as we opted to eat at other hotels in the area. I would recommend staying at this hotel if you are limited on money but if you want to splurge I would recommend Cesar's it's amazing!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Just at Harrahs for one night only so booked through total rewards for a king size bed over looking the strip. Was allowed to check in early which was nice, Had a room in the tower chooser to the strip. Got to room and found a clean room with a strip view. Noting to fancy or over the top. The room did smell like a smoking room at one time but no longer. Nice kind size bed with a older tv in the room. Bathroom very basic with shower tub in the room. Overall a very clean basic room but it could use a upgrade,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I am waiting for the day when smoking at these casinos will be restricted to some limited area rather than the whole place. Though we had non-smoking rooms, the smell of smoke wafts all over. To get around, one has to walk past many smoke filled places and it is very irritating. The lady who checked us in was very nice and told us we were getting remodeled rooms as a free upgrade. Except for the smoke, I liked everything about the place and it is a good value with great access to everything. Self parking is very close and compact and does not require a lot of walking. Check in and check out was fast and efficient and I had no complaints about the service. We had booked the room through Expedia. The place tacked on another $20.16 as a compulsory "resort fee" per night - not sure why this could not have been included in the original cost of the room.

Room Tip: If smoke smell bothers you choose someplace else. Even though we were in a remodeled room on a high...
Green Features: Environmental practices seemed fine. Thermostat would not go below 65 degrees F. Wish there was no smoke smell.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Overall I was very pleased with Harrah's Las Vegas hotel. I had read lots of negative reviews prior to my vacation but I do not have any real complaints. The only thing was having to hold the handle down on the toilet for it to flush. Maintenance came within a hour of me telling Housekeeping about the issue and I was told, very nicely, that was the way it was, that a new flapper had been recently installed and it was properly adjusted.
The bed was the best! I wish I had a mattress like that. It was soft and very comfortable but did not make my back hurt.
Housekeeping service was good and the maids were nice.
Excellent location for many major attractions.
I would be glad to stay here during my next visit to Las Vegas.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Harrah's Las Vegas? Share your experiences!