“OK for the price and location first visit” 4 of 5 stars

SAVE UP TO 25% OFF!
Ranked #99 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Southport, Australia
“OK for the price and location first visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed in the Mardi Gras Tower on my first visit. The odd numbered rooms overlook the pool on the southern side. Unfortunately they are also close to a "Carnaval Bar" or some name like that that plays loud music way into the night, one night it went all the way through. Ok, its Las Vegas and you should expect noise but my wife found in very annoying for our 11 night stay. The even numbered rooms would not have this noise I think. The bed was excellent and the room serviced every day. The TV seemed to receive only crappy analogue picture. (I live in Australia where it is all digital, not sure if it is in LV). It would be and older style room that is refurbished and has the shower over the bathtub which I think is dangerous, and no safety bar to hold when stepping in or out.

Room Tip: even numbered rooms should be quieter
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Harrah's Las Vegas, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, grandman2013. Customer feedback is vitally important to us, whether the comments are positive or negative, as it is our best gauge of measuring the success of our service and accommodations. Please be assured that your concerns will be discussed with the appropriate members of management to ensure that the issues you have experienced are addressed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,397)
  • Thai first
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I checked in with my Fiance on 4th of July. The lady who checked us in was so wonderful, I believe her name was Ella. She was fantastic and so nice in answering our questions. We got upgraded to the petite suite, what a nice room with lots of space. I frequent Harrahs in San Diego, so I knew what to expect. Pretty nice room, great service from people. We went for the UFC fan expo and fight. We had an amazing time, thank you again to Ella who checked us in. She is an assest to this company make sure she is apperciated and taken care of.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

First impression of this hotel was,wish we'd booked somewhere else. The foyer was chaotic and filled with groups on tours like ours..they too had no choice of hotel I'm guessing. The hotel was tired and staff were behind the counters doing what they do in a robotic fashion,very few check in/out staff smiling,most looked harassed with the rest looking like they were harassing the guests.
NOBODY looked happy apart from guests who appeared to be checking out.
Our first room was tatty and had blood on the toilet bowl I dread to think from what or whom after changing rooms one of the bath towels appeared not have been washed properly and a brown stain on it make me feel physically ill. After speaking with the manager who obviously wanted to keep this quite offered us an alternative and better grade of room,alas the safe had not been left open by previous occupants and when I phoned the hotel operator to ask if they could send someone up,she shrieked that they were changing shifts and that we'd have to wait at least 30 minutes as it was time for her to go home.Oddly enough after a visit to the manager they sent someone up in a matter of minutes.The operators in that hotel are not based in the hotel 50% are ignorant and arrogant and I'm guessing are on a work programme based in a prison somewhere 30% are just plain stupid and cannot do anything without being told the same information three times and even then they pass you to a colleague so you start all over again 20% are really helpful and I'm guessing must have been awake during training.
Flavors all you can eat breakfast buffet was a little bit pricey but also really nice and if you wanted to try and get a cheap breakfast from Denny s just down the road we found it was actually not that much cheaper than the buffet. The Casino was like all of the casinos large but it had the feel of belonging very much in the middle of the last century.
In a nutshell I would never return to this hotel again despite its great location virtually opposite Caesar s Palace. Too many things went wrong too many staff were unhelpful or unknowledgeable the place looks run down and seems to be 15 years overdue a lack of paint and modernisation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisle, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Enjoyed a 6 day stay at harrahs in May, had 5 days comped, and paid for the last day. i did have a fairly long wait after checking in to finally get my room (almost 4 hours), but the room I got in the Carnival Tower was nice, It was clean and comfortable, bed great! it had a couch, table with chairs, coffee pot, and I did get a frig also. I had checked my bag at the bell desk, and within 5 min. of calling it was delivered.
Everyone I came in contact with were very helpful and pleasant, housekeeping ($5.00 tip ea day), were excellent, and kept me well stocked with coffee, etc.
I went to the Mac king show, and it was really good, Enjoyed the buffet one time, food was really plentiful and warm (breakfast).
i didn't go too far, but did use the monorail to go to MGM, great that monorail is on the property, but a little walk to get to it. . Also went across the street to Mirage. There is a direct "street" crossing, so didn't have to use the overhead pass.
Lots of casinos close, which I liked.
I have been to harrahs many times in the past, and can honestly say I have never had a bad stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel is an older hotel an it shows. Could use some improvements and if your not going to make updates at least go out of your way to provide exceptional service which we found were also lacking.
We arrived late in the evening and there was a line to check in as only 2 desk clerks were working. And if someone walked up as VIP status they went ahead of you as you continued to wait.
I will say, room was decent and I have no complaints about housekeeping, they did their job.
However, the bathroom had no exhaust fan so the shower steamed up the mirror and there was nothing to clear up the smell that occurs from using the bathroom, you open the door an share it with the rest of the room. GROSS
In addition our shower head didn't work properly, the bath spout continued to flow with only a light spray from the shower head, we asked them to fix it 3x's and nothing was done and no one bothered to follow up. We didnt feel like packing up and ask to move to another room so we put up with it. It was worth it as when we checked out we complained again and they comped our service fee's, so not so bad dealing with the lack of service, I'll take the cash any day....

Tip: they have 2 starbucks, go to the one upstairs as the line is shorter. If your not a starbucks fan, run next door to Mcd's for coffee

Toby Keiths had great food and never that crowded, we frequented a few times and had fun.

Room Tip: We booked standard room and had a view of the alley and hotel roof top from the 9th floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Overall, can't complain on location. Smack in the middle of the strip. We paid for an upgraded room with a strip view. When we got there they didn't have one ready because we needed to check in early. She moved us to a room above the pool with a balcony. In addition to the $18 per day "resort fee" we still paid $25 per day for the upgrade. This was in no way the renovated strip view we paid for. The pool had a DJ from 8-5 everyday except one of our 4 night stay. Loud to say the least. Will not be staying here again.
MGM Grand was same price last time but nicer.

• Stayed July 2013
Gardena, California, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This wasn't a business trip but a get away mini vacation for a group of 8 people. We booked two rooms. Plus: The rooms were reasonably rated considering the fact that it was 4th of July weekend. Location of the hotel was next to everything. The customer service at the front desk was amazing. Very friendly and eager to please, kuddos for that. The valet and the bell hop offered amazing service as well.

Cons:
The rooms were satisfactory, nothing appealing. One of the lamps was broken, the lighting was horrible, the pillows less than comfortable although the beds were good. The room was small. They room came with a cabinet closet (DON'T LIKE). The air conditioner was set on automatic and we couldn't adjust. Sometimes we would return to the room and it was hot. We had a chance to relax by the pool and the water was luke warm not a good combination with the sweltering heat of Las Vegas. Oh ya, did I mention we got stuck in one of the elevators? and of course that all time complaint, smokers! but I guess that's normal in Vegas.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Harrah's Las Vegas? Share your experiences!