“Slow service outdated beds but clean.” 3 of 5 stars

Vegas! Rooms from $40
Ranked #88 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pierre, South Dakota
“Slow service outdated beds but clean.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

The check in was a long time waiting. The upgraded room a older king size mattress without the view they told us we'd have. Rooms were pretty reasonable until we found out on check out there was a $18 per day resort fee. Overall clean but I think we'll do a little research before our trip.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,860)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Agar, South Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We were in Vegas for a wedding Friday through Monday. Our flight was delayed and we ended up getting there to check in around midnight. There was a huge line but multiple flights were delayed due to the record breaking heat, not really the hotel's fault. Our room was in the marti gras tower, floor 15. The bed was comfy, the bathroom was good sized. The shower had good pressure but hot water was iffy if you used it between 9 am and noon. The view was ok, saw a rooftop and some of the hotel across the strip. The balcony was pretty tiny but we didn't need/want it anyways. The room was very clean and the maids did a great job of cleaning it daily. The casino was clean and check out was a breeze. They have a bellhop you can take your bags too if you have to check out before your flight departs. This is free but they recommend you tip the bellhops. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Marti Gras tower is the most recently updated. Rooms are nice and clean!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was an anniversary trip for my husband and I. We stayed for 6 nights June 26-July 2nd. Neither of us had ever been to Vegas and I researched (stalked) Tripadvisor and other sites trying to find just the right spot. We were on a budget so I wanted a good bang for our buck so to speak. After reading the reviews for Harrah's, I was skeptical but decided to give it a shot due to the price and apparent wonderful location. We were not disappointed. The location was perfect for exploring the strip and surrounding hotels and casinos. Right nearby was the Venetian, TI (Treasure Island), the Mirage, the Quad, and Ceasars Palace, the Wynn and others. Our room was in the Mardi Gras tower 12th floor. Not a great view but the beds were comfortable and the room was clean. Housekeeping did a great job. We put the do not disturb on the door one day because we didn't need anything and they called later just to let us know they were available 24 hours a day just in case we later determined we needed anything. Nice customer service touch I thought. All personnel we came in contact with were superb. Walls were a little thin. We heard our neighbors late night "escapades" 2 nights in a row. A couple of bangs on the wall stopped that though. :-) We loved Toby Keith's and ate there twice. The Piano Bar was fun and Big Elvis was a good show. We are definitely "low rollers' but the small amount of time we spent gambling was a good experience. Drinks were readily available. Saw the Mac King Comedy Show. He is a funny and nice guy. Overall, Harrah's was just what we needed. A nice, clean place to lay our heads and keep our stuff while we explored all there is to do and see in Vegas. If you are looking for the same, Harrah's fits the bill just fine.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
California City, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I usually stay at harrah's because it is conveniently located in the center of the strip and is cheaper than other casinos nearby. It's walking distance from the more popular casinos such as bellagio, Venetian, Caesar's Place, and Teasure Island. However, it's not one of the fanciest casinos. You pretty much get what you pay for. Rooms are decent size. Beds are comfy, however pillows are hard. The downfall is that they started charging a resort fee of 18.99 a day and what do you get in return? NOTHING! The pool is so small and there's no Internet access, NOTHING! I didn't know of additional fees until i checked in. Had I known, would I have booked Harrah's? Prob not. Would I stay again? No thanks!

• Stayed July 2013
Normal, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed at Harrah's for 4 nights in late June 2013. Very inexpensive (part of a Delta Vacations package) and we got exactly what we paid for .... details below:

The Good?
1. location, location, location - right in the middle of things - across from the Mirage and TI, between the old Imperial Palace (now "The Quad" - and that miracle of rebranding is going to get its own post) and Casino Royale, within walking distance of The Venetian and The Flamingo - it was easy to walk to lots of different types of attractions - maybe one of the best locations of anywhere I've stayed in Vegas.
2. the people - most of the staff - from the bartenders and servers at the pool, to the housekeepers, the waitstaff at the shops and the Starbucks - super nice and not at all fussy
3. the second floor Starbucks - often overlooked while the one downstairs is packed - cleaner, better condiments
4. clean public restrooms!
5. The outside bar/entertainment area between Harrah's and The Quad - great location, good DJs, good cover bands, decent bar prices - a great time!

The Bad
1. the rooms in the Mardi Gras tower - tiny, tired, old fixtures and furniture and smelly - that old cigarette and sour bathroom smell - there's no way around this - I was enormously disappointed when I walked in the room the first time and everytime thereafter
2. the pool area - the pool is okay - large, I think it is Olympic-sized, but the chairs are old and dirty, there aren't enough of them and the "fountain and mist area" is just a mess - I still am not sure exactly what they want to do with that area - we were there 4 days and there was only music on one day - just that little touch could have made a world of difference
3 $5.99 ATM fees!!! Go next door to Casino Royale - it is only $1.00 there!!

Overall - I would not stay here again. I am 40-something and comfort and a nice room to come back to are worth more to me than the couple of dollars I saved on the vacation package. However, for the 21 - 30 set on a budget - the location alone is a great seller.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

For my second trip to Las Vegas (and my travelling partner's first time), I wanted to choose a hotel that seemed in the "mid-range." We couldn't afford the fanciest places, but wanted to avoid the dives. Boy, were we wrong. We based our hotel decision largely on reviews we found online, and Harrah's seemed to have a lot of good, balanced reviews.

I will start with a few positives.
1) The location was fantastic - pretty much in the middle of everything, we could walk to many attractions.

2) The bed was very comfortable.

3) Housekeeping cleaning service was acceptable (however, see notes below regarding housekeeping)

Now for the unfortunate stuff - the issues started the moment we arrived.

1)Apparently the new practice in Vegas is to try and charge $28 (or more) to check in 2 hours early. REALLY? So instead we checked our bags with their baggage check people and went out. We returned around 5pm, and had to wait over 40 minutes in line to check in. We finally get up to the counter to check in, and found that the requests we had emailed in had not been recorded (as we were told in our Reply email from the hotel). (Also noteworthy, is when we asked for early checkin via email, the $28 fee was never mentioned). The staff were rude and completely unhelpful, and made sure we knew we had prepaid and could not get a refund. (even though this had not been mentioned by us). I asked for the name and email address of a manager and was denied this information initially. Once they finally decided I was worthy of this information, they gave me a piece of paper with a handwritten name and email address. I was unable to read the letters and decided to just write this review instead. Apparently they have no interest in guest retention or solving guests' issues.

2) No WiFi. REALLY??? I had decided to travel light and not bring my laptop, only my iPad and iPhone. True, nowhere do they claim to have it, but it's the year 2013, it's kind standard these days. But apparently not here.

3) Confusing internet and phone charges. The website indicated that internet and local phone calls were included in the "resort fee" (Almost $20 per night). When we arrived to our room, there were charges listed for local calls. When my partner went to connect to the internet on her laptop, she was advised that there would be a charge (I think $13 per 24-hour period). She really needed to get online, so she agreed. I tried THREE separate times to ask the front desk about this, but the first two times decided it wasn't worth spending 30-40 minutes in line waiting. When I finally did find a shorter line, the front desk person (who was actually quite pleasant) told me that if the internet was charged to the room, it would be complimentary. However, if my partner had chosen to put it on her credit card, the charge would stand. Why is this information not made available to guests in a clear and concise fashion?

4) The hotel is in major need of a complete overhaul or demolition. It's so dated and grungy.

5) While housekeeping cleaning service was relatively good, the housekeepers enjoyed knocking very loudly on the door when the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign was clearly displayed and the deadbolt was on. We had very late nights, and were usually in our rooms until around 11 or 12, which can't be that unusual in Vegas.

6) Concierge was so incredibly rude! I was leaving the hotel for the day, and wanted to pass on a message to maintenance that the shower lever had fallen off. It wasn't an urgent thing, but I wanted it looked at at some point in the next 14 hours until I was back again. The usual 40-minute line was formed at the front desk, so I stopped at the Concierge Desk. The reason I stopped there was because the people standing behind the desk were wearing Harrah's uniforms and had Harrah's name tags. I asked the woman if she could simply pass the message on, and that I could even write it down if she wanted. She rudely told me that she wouldn't pass the message along because she doesn't work for the hotel and it wasn't her problem. REALLY??? Vegas customer service has really gone down hill!

So, in summary, I wouldn't stay here even if it was free. While riding the Deuce to Fremont Street, I noticed a motel-style property advertising rates that seemed way more of a value - and they had WiFi!!

Green Features: Like most places in Vegas, Harrah's does not recycle anything at all.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Avoca Beach, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We arrived to stand in line to check in after an 18 hour flight for 1.5 hours!!!!!! Sounds unbelievable but this is very common at this hotel. Front desk service is the worst ive ever come across in the world. Staff all give you different answers and are completely incompetent. On arrival rooms were not available despite us pre booking and pre paying on line. We were upgraded to a 2 bed suite as a result which was reaaly nice and comfortable. ..almost worth the 1.5 hour check in process. The location is fabulous and is really the best part of staying here. The pool is small but ok however you have to PAY for many of the pool chairs with limited chairs for free.....how absurd especially as this hotel charges a $19 resort fee every day on top of your room rate which we did not have to pay as we booked and paid before they started this practice....this place is NOT a resort. I thought this was really poor form.....also no free wifi although macas is next door and it has free wifi 24/7

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Harrah's Las Vegas? Share your experiences!