“Great Location on the Strip!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #103 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Location on the Strip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The hotel is located in a great place on the strip, you can walk anywhere in either direction to the other casino's. The rooms are just average however they were clean. My room faced the strip and was located on the top floor so I had a great view. The only problem was the Carnival Court was located right there in front of my room. The music went until 3-4 am on the weekends. During the week was not a problem as I did not get to my room until then and the music had ended. The dining choices in Harrah's are plentiful. The oyster bar, Tobey Keiths and the Cafe had good food at reasonable prices. My rooms were comped due to my play so I would stay here again if comped. All of the workers that I had contact with were all very nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

4,865 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,072)
  • Thai first
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I had mixed feelings about this place after reading the reviews but I had already booked it and rates suddenly went up everywhere so this is where I stayed. It wasn't a fancy room, but it was big enough (two queen beds) and clean. Shower had plenty of pressure, even for the 17th floor, and I didn't hear any noise from the neighbors but I don't know how crowded the hotel was. Check-in was a breeze, I wasn't charged extra for an early check-in but it was only an hour early so maybe that's why. If you go to Las Vegas to stay in the room perhaps you might be happier at the Venetian, but it was a good place to hang my hat for four days and I had no complaints. It was centrally located as well, right in the middle of the strip, which was convenient as I was with my mom and she tires after a while.
I will add one thing though--I saw people order drinks in the casino (which are free) and they didn't tip; that's just not right so make sure you tip your waitress!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bimini
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Very noisy and busy, but has Toby Keith's on site which is one of the more reasonably priced dining options on the Strip. The staff were friendly and accommodating, the tour desk was very helpful, and the location was pretty good overall.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Astoria oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

This is well located and is owned by the same owners of ballys Caesars flamingo Paris rio
This is definitely the low end property. Do not eat here. When questioned I was told it was well priced for what it was.
The Duelling pianos are fun.
The whole place reeks of ghetto

• Stayed August 2012
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

First let me say that the service was great from start to finish, almost everywhere in the hotel. The front desk, the restaurants and the casino floor. Service-wise, the only complaint I could make would be the staff at the desk in the Spa area. Not knowing you had to sign into the Spa in order to use the equipment the desk attendant was quite put out with me for walking into the exercise area. Everyone else was prompt, polite and happy to help.

Overall, the hotel is really worn out and in need of an overhaul. The common areas are just worn looking and the elevators were just shabby.

This is probably a great hotel for someone looking to stay on the strip, on the cheap.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I usually stay here once a year for a conference. The conference is either at harrahs or Caesars palace so I stay at harrahs since it is way cheaper than Caesars.
The location is rather central. They have a small pool but it fills up quickly. Rooms are pretty dated even though they were all refreshed a couple years ago. No free wifi. Seems ridiculous to not have it included these days. If you want luxury go somewhere else. If you want cheap and somewhere to sleep then harrahs will do.

• Stayed June 2013
Folsom, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

First off we booked the room 6 months in advance for 6 nights .. we get there after 5.5 hours on the plane. reserved a smoking room king bed. there's no smoking rooms available.. WHAT? i RESERVED ONE! the girl was not helpful at all. she tells us we have a smoking room.. 2 double beds, okay whatever,, we go up.. no ashtray. I call housekeeping asking for one. they tell me its a non smoking floor and if I smoke it's a 300.00 fine... now I have to go back downstairs 930 pm.. we checked in at 9. and argue with them again. okay, no smoking rooms... they tell us to come down in the morning to see if there's one available. can't unpack.. get up early go down again, girl was nice.. found us a room on a smoking floor.. we have to move our bags ( couldn't unpack didn't know if we were going to get lucky) ..we get moved.. fine.. that night we go back to the room around 130am. the door won't open. go down.. they give us another card .. still doesn't work.. we had to wait for the facililties guy to open the door with a fish hook because the battery died in the door. Well, needless to say. we'll never stay there again... AND they wanted us to pay for a refrigerator.

Green Features: you are environmentally keeping me from staying at your hotel. if I want to have a cigarette while I'm getting ready to go out, I should be able to..
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Harrah's Las Vegas? Share your experiences!