“Awful for families but good location and monorail” 1 of 5 stars

SAVE UP TO 25% OFF!
Ranked #99 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Westerham, United Kingdom
“Awful for families but good location and monorail”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

No kettle and would not give us one to use for water for my babies bottle.. Breakfast 9 dollars at Starbucks and that's not including fresh fruit, only a platter! And did see random people walking up and down our corridor in carnival tower and
Pool very rowdy and loud. But comfy beds....

Room Tip: Upgrade and don't have B and B option..
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,407)
  • Thai first
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Had a great stay at Harrah's. The beds were really comfortable and the rooms were nice and spacious. We were there for 3 nights and I was very happy with everything. The rooms were really quiet and though some people say the AC isn't great I didn't have any problems as in the 90+ degree weather our room was nice and cool all the time. The only negative part of the room was that the tub did not seem to drain very well. Every shower, my roommate or I took, the tub would fill up at least part way and then drain really slowly, which is honestly pretty gross because who knows what is in that tub, but it is Vegas, so we didn't have time to complain. I was with a group of 10 and it seemed to be a similar issue throughout all of the rooms, which is a bit strange if you ask me. We couldn't have asked for a better location though. Right in the center of the strip it was close to everything! Overall, I was more than happy with our stay here and will definitely consider staying here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Troy, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I would highly reccommend Harrah's it is filled with fun and excitement. I would give the a excellent rating the Buffet is great and every choice of food and the staff always takes good care of you. W always feel at home at Harrah's,we go every year and it is like we never left.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The young woman who checked me in at the front desk was wonderful, very nice, friendly and very cordial. She checked me in quickly and directed me to my room.
This hotel was booked prior to the "resort fee" addition.
Thank Goodness.
this is a nice clean place, but older. It is in need of an upgrade.
No WiFi- an ethernet cable was in the room, but did not hook up to my tablet.
I came back to my room to find the door ajar. The maid was careless and left my room basically unlocked. When I called the housekeeping dept. I got a woman who could have cared less.
I WOULD NOT STAY HERE AGAIN, ESPECIALLY NOW THAT THEY IMPLEMENTED THE 'RESORT FEES'-
It was very centrally located and right in the middle of everything-that is a plus, but I would not stay here again. There are a lot of nice moderately priced hotels in the vicinity, I would suggest picking one of them.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Piqua, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Our stays at Harrahs Las Vegas have always been enjoyable. My husband and I like the location of the hotel/casino on the strip. It is centrally located to our favorite restaurants and other casinos. We are treated well by the staff during every visit. We look forward to seeing our favorite dealers and cocktail waitresses each time we visit. Great place to stay, gamble, and relax!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bremerton, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

So disappointed in this hotel, good location but there "players club" gives you nothing, rooms suck, no chanel's on tv, slow service to say the least.... We have been to Vegas and stayed at a few places, this will never be one again..

Thanks for reading, and stay somewhere else! You will be happy you did!

• Stayed May 2012
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our first vacation in 10 years along with some friends (we're all 50+ yrs. old). We chose Las Vegas Harrah's. Numerous reviews said the hotel/casino were old, smelly and in much need of rehab. Having stayed there in the past, I thought those reviews came from visitors who lost or were just too hard to please. Unfortuntely, they were correct. I spent 4 days at Harrah's and have to say that, although we had a nice room -- no problems with plumbing, etc, the hallways and our room were in much need of an upgrade. I'm a cigarette smoker and have to say the odor was too much to handle -- especially in the casino. The buffet was OK for breakfast (though pricy), but not edible for dinner (old, cold food). The hotel/casino staff was excellent -- a big plus in Las Vegas. On the casino floor, I was only able to find 2 bathrooms, and the casino floor is pretty big. The gaming (slots) was OK. All in all, our vacation was just OK at Harrah's. Next time we'll stay at another hotel (TI was looking real good -- the casino was clean and odor free). The bottom line is it comes down to individual taste. I'm pretty easy to please, but Harrah's just isn't my cut of tea.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 15th floor. The room was OK, but smelly. We did not travel with a cell phone or a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Harrah's Las Vegas? Share your experiences!