“Harrah's Las Vegas and Laughlin are first class places” 5 of 5 stars

25% Off Semi-Annual Sale
Ranked #103 of 271 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Prince Albert
“Harrah's Las Vegas and Laughlin are first class places”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We have stayed at both Harrah's Las Vegas and Laughlin for a number of years each winter and they are great places. We stayed at Las Vegas in January and I became quite ill with pneumonia and had to leave early and suddenly as I don't trust our medical insurance and the Hotel staff were absolutely the best you could ever hope for in our time of crises. A big bouquet to them and I will remain a loyal customer as they are simply a class act and have our gratitude for their conduct. The front desk is staffed by the best people you could ever want in a giant Hotel and I would suggest that this Hotel is the best if a personal emergency presents itself.
Edwin Moore
Prince Albert, Sask. Canada

Room Tip: all rooms are good but some are very high up - elevators are very quick and the place is quiet, clea...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

4,850 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,068)
  • Thai first
Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Just got back from a trip to L.V. My wife and I stayed at Harrah's as we had a choice of there or the Quad (formerly Imperial Palace) and participated in a blackjack tournament that was at the Paris (another Harrah's property). We chose to upgrade to a luxury room from a "classic" room. Well there wasn't anything luxurious about it. Your pretty basic room. It had a Strip view but could barely see through the filthy window. No fridge but an empty minibar that tells you not to put anything in it.

Except for the first fellow at the reception desk, most employees were rather unpleasant like you were bothering them. Blackjack dealers, cafe personnel (Cafe ran out of spoons?? I stirred my coffee with a knife).

We will not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

If you're looking to stay in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip, but not pay 5-Star prices, Harrah's is the place to stay. I stayed for three nights during the week and paid roughly $60.00 total. The hotel rooms were simple and clean, nothing extravagant. The blackjack was full the whole time and Toby Keith's Party Pit gives the hotel a honky tonk vibe which is different and fun. The poker room left me wanting more. It used to be in an enclosed area with numerous TVs on the wall but now it is just like any old poker room.

Room Tip: When you check-in, ask about free upgrades to bigger rooms or suites.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We chose this hotel mainly because of it's location and stayed for four nights. Just middle in the Strip, so almost no transport expenses to explore Strip.Rooms are not very spacious, but it's value for money.We had a nice view of Strip from our room.I recommend this hotel to those people who do not want to spend much on hotel.And in Vegas, you really do not care much about your hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed there for two nights in Feb 2013. Located perfectly in the middle of all action, opposite to Caesars and Bellagio and very close to the monorail stop. Price is very reasonable for the location. Do ask for the higher floors with the Strip view. Rooms are a bit tired, but good enough, who cares, you are in Vegas so who's hanging out in a room...

Room Tip: ask for higher floor with the strip view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed three nights in Harrah's in March 2013. The total price for the three nights was very attractive and I did not know what to expect.

Anyway, when I got to the hotel late in Friday night, I was not shocked, neither I was not positively surprised. I would describe my room as a simple room without any luxury items. Some of the furniture were quite worn, but still usable. A positive thing with check-in was that I got breakfast discount coupons to the Starbuck's located into the hotel. Well, it was not a lot, but anyway it was needed since the room did not have a coffee maker at all.

My room was in Mardi Gras towers, nicely located, just enough to get some rest. The negative thing is that the internet was not included in the room rate.

The best things with this hotel are location, location and location. If you are ready to accept trashy elevators and need a good location in the middle of strip, this is it. Many attractions are on a walking distance, so they are easily reachable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

In January, 3 of my girlfriends and I decided we needed a trip to Vegas! We knew we would spend lots of money on shopping, drinks and eating in fancy restaurant, so we decided that a cheaper room was fine with us! Who stays in the room that long in Vegas ANYWAY?! Our room was $31 a night, because we did not pay for a Strip view. When we got into the room, we were pleasantly surprised to see the Mirage volcano right outside our window!! It is located almost directly across the street from the Forum Shops, which is awesome!! It was all about location for us! Overall, this room worked great for us, because we only need a place to sleep a few hours. If I were traveling with a spouse or family, this would not be the place I would choose. Very basic room and hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Harrah's Las Vegas? Share your experiences!