“Won't Be Going Back” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Won't Be Going Back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My room was not clean upon checking into the hotel on a business trip. When I went down to the front desk to inform the guest services manager that there was an issue, I had to wait 20 minutes for someone to address the situation and then was treated as if I was a bother. Poor hospitality, poor service. I will never go back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,405)
  • Thai first
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Check in and check out smooth asked for Free tickets they obliged Vinnie Favorito (Good) Macking Show (Great) Defending The CaveMan (interesting pushing monogamy in Sin City) but have to buy overpriced drink well worth it. Loved the strip view in the center of action easy parking The Toby Kieth's bar rocked great bands (Cash Presley)

Room Tip: Tip rent a car --- did day tripping no line ups for breakie
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed here for four nights. We were given a strip view but my companion opted for an upgraded luxury room. Front desk should be taught good customer service. As being in the front desk you should at least acknowledge the presence of the person standing in front of you while doing your paper works. I was dissapointed by the upgrade but still the room was reasonable size, clean with balcony and bed was comfortable. The newly renovated rooms were a dissapointment. I guess there's nothing you can really do with an old hotel. This hotel is not high end so I guess at the end you get what you pay for. We just came from Circus Circus and I would say that they had better and bigger rooms at Circus Circus considering that it was comps there and we are paying at Harrah's. Anyway, it's time to be in the strip and Harrah's had a perfect location. From here you could go anywhere by foot and stroll along the different views on the strip. This place is not bad at all but I will consider staying in another hotel in the strip the next time.

CHicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My husband & I stayed at Harrah's in October. We checked in at night and I hung all our clothes with the extra hangers that I had packed, and unpacked our bags. The room seemed nice, until two days later when I opened the drapes and sheers on a sunny day. I was horrified to see that the carpeting that I had assumed to be dark brown was actually beige by the nightstand that obviously had been moved a bit. (I thought my feet were dirty from wearing sandals, when actually it was from the filthy carpet in our room!)
I wanted to call someone up to the room and ask them if they would stay in a room like that, but my husband was in a hurry to go out, and at that point our stay was half over. They also charged us for an upgraded "Strip View", which was a joke. Oh, I could see the Mirage sign alright....along with all the pipes and air conditioning units all over the roof, and the rooms in the front of Harrah's that actually had a Strip View.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lalinde, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Right on the Strip walk out onto the flashing light and buzzing streets, our room was a nice size, we upgraded to a suite and overlooked the strip great view, it was all nice and clean and very comfortable we stayed 6 nights in all.
Watch out for. Booking in takes it takes ages (be warned)- good time to get cheap upgrade. very Smokey walking through casino. Yes all casinos allow smoking

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
WATERTOWN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This hotel was booked because of location to the finish line of the evening marathon in December. The hotel is old, but has a Starbucks! The rooms were comfortable and very clean. We had a unique experience when we checked it early morning. The gal suggested we get a 'player's card' which afforded us the opportunity for early check in without paying a fee. The staff at the hotel was top notch. We could not have asked for better service from the front desk, to the information staff to the bell hops. Plus the price was very reasonable and we were able to extend our stay for one night at the marathon price. The location allows you to walk up and down the strip or take the monorail. Although it does not have the lavish lobby area of some of the other hotel/casinos, we found it to be a great value and very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Oceanside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The location was awesome right in the middle of the strip. We checked in around 7:30 pm no line just 1 person in front of me. We were in the Mardi gra tower on floor 15. The bellhop showed us the quick way to get to our room. The elevator sign says floor 16 and up but he showed us that floor 15 you could use any elevator. That saved us time we never had to wait for an elevator. The room was a king size bed and a flat screen tv. The room was small but clean and it suited our needs plus the price was right. Over all I would stay there again for the discounted rate but I would not pay full price. The gambling at the casino is not the best odds so we gambled at other locations on the strip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Harrah's Las Vegas? Share your experiences!