“WHATEVER YOU DO------NEVER BUY BLUEGREEN” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #106 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Porter, Oklahoma
“WHATEVER YOU DO------NEVER BUY BLUEGREEN”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

I am a BlueGreen owner. I have been unhappy since Day 1!!!! They will lie to you just to get you sold. Then forget everything. This was my first time to stay at any of their resorts. I was so disappointed. Access to and from the room was horrific. Water ran upstairs for 5 straight days. We slept with the tv on so we would not hear it. After 3 calls to front desk we gave up. From what I paid for ownership, I should have gotten a Royal Suite. The rooms were nice, but for the money would stay elsewhere. Friends stayed at MGM for $49 a night and their room was awesome. The location is also bad. I had a bad taste for BlueGreen before I went and it only got worse.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Boulder, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

My husband & I stayed as guests of some friends of ours. The lobby is very nice. The room was nothing like the pictures. The bed, linens & pillows were like a Super 8. The mattress was saggy & the pillows were little foam pancakes. The bedspread was one of those scratchy ones. I wondered if they got the furnishings st some hotel going out of business sale. The bathroom was clean, with some rust spots. The toiletries & towels were average. The living area was average also. There was a pull out couch & a tiny table in the kitchenette area. The kitchenette was tiny, but usable. The whole place was very dingy looking. Not good lighting & hardly no natural light. The "view" from the bedroom was of a parking lot. You are too far to walk to the strip & the airport is right across the street. No had to pay $20 for maid service. The good? the layout was nice. If you had more than 2 adults staying in it, you would feel crowded. It was also a no casino, no smoking hotel. You could park your own car in the lot. There was a store right outside, a Subway, a burger joint & a Einsteins.
I think if you looked around you could find a much nicer hotel or timeshare for the same price. It definitely shouldn't be called a resort.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

I thought the rooms themselves were fantastic with a great shower! The staff was very helpful, even when we accidently dumped a bottle of liquid cold medicine on the bed. They were very nice about it and prompltly came and changed all the bedding. The airport noise inside the room wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I couldn't imagine sitting on the sundeck adjacent to the pool. The planes fly directly overhead and outdoors, it is VERY noisy.

I didn't particulary care for the location. However it was very easy to just drive the car and park in MGM's parking lot when we wanted to go to the strip.

The reason for the three stars is that our whole stay was ruined because of the timeshare presenation. Yes, we knew going into it we would be pressured to buy. My husband and I have sat through many timeshare presentations from other companies and have NEVER been hounded as bad as this. Everyone was very nice in the beginning but three hours later, after explaining 20 different ways that we couldn't afford it, the woman absolutely would not let us leave without us filling out a credit report so she could check our credit to "see what she could do". I asked the male salesman at the table if this was required and he sheepishly shook his head no (it was his second day on the job). When she came back, I asked her the same question and she said yes. At this point, I was fed up and told them I didn't respond well to high pressure sales tactics and at this point I would say no even if they offered to give me a timeshare for free. The whole experience pretty much put me in a rotten mood the rest of the day.

Bottem line, even though the resort was very nice, the presentation left such a bad taste in my mouth, I would never recommend it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Came to Vegas for leisure with my mother in law and 2 sisters in law. We stayed in room 630-A which was a one bedroom two bath studio with a dining room, kitchen, and laundry room. The view from our hotel was great. The strip is located about a mile from the hotel. There is no shuttle from the airport, but once at the hotel, a free shuttle runs everyday from 10 am-10pm on the hour. The shuttle will take you or pick you up at 4 (or maybe it was 5) different locations along the strip. One shuttle bus driver, Steve, was amazing! He knows all the ins and outs of the town and gives good tips on the best shows and places to eat cheap. If you are wanting to stay out late though, plan on getting a taxi back to the hotel and don't walk the dark streets back.
The bed was SO comfortable and the hallways quiet, the pool was just okay. We were not haggled by any timeshare people.
Would definetly go back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

next to airport runway, yet noise was no problem,they try to get you too attend a presentation on their new timeshare,hard sell.
I would advise anyone too think twice before buying a timeshare,very difficult to sell,contract is impossible to get out of.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

Ok so we went on our honeymoon and loved the place so much at we bought a timeshare... the presentation was funny and enteraining not dry and boring and the time flew bye quickly...
Its is one of the only indoor pools in Vegas and they are not done building everything yet when we went they are working on building restarants and a casino if you watch the movie hangover you will see the hotel in the corner of the screen where the dude get dropped off in to the empty lot off the strip...
the rooms are large and clean but most people don't stay in their room in vegas but if you do this is were you will want to stay
they have a shuttle that will take you to the mgm that is up the block but if you were like me and in a wheel chair at the time the shuttle was not equited for hapicap but the rooms were
we also stayed in the paris and prefered club 36 over the paris anyday...

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

I was researching hotel rooms online when I came across this unbeatable promotion being offered by Bluegreen Resorts. For $149, we received accomodations for 3 nights. In addition, by attending a marketing/timeshare presentation, we received a $100 Visa gift card and a $50 check, thus making the room free (so to speak). The 1 bedroom suite was very spacious and modern. It came equipped with washer/dryer, kitchenette and a living/dining room combo. The only complaint about the room was the stained banquet seating in the dining area. It was in desperate need of a spot cleaning.

When we arrived, we pulled to the front of the hotel. It was littered with trash and cigarette butts. The entrance area reeked of cigarette smoke. The rep who checked us in at 2am promptly advised us that we were scheduled for the 9am marketing/timeshare presentation. It seemed a bit inconsiderate but since we were getting the room for next to nothing, I guess it had to be done. While we checked in, there was another rep arguing on the telephone with a customer. She was loud and rude.

The marketing presentation was supposed to last anywhere from 90 to 120 minutes. Ours lasted 240 minutes. I was a little miffed about the misrepresenation. Not only because it well exceeded the time promised, but I was told if we did not stay for the entire presentation, our credit card would be charged for the free gifts, etc.

No one cleaned the room the entire time we were there. When we checked out, the rep claimed he could not print out a receipt showing a $0 balance. And when I asked to speak to a manager, I was told she on break (at 9am). When I called back around 3pm, she just happened to be in a meeting.

If you can manage dealing with poor customer service for a free room, I'd say stay here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Bluegreen Club 36? Share your experiences!