“Very nice resort near the airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #106 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Santa Cruz, California
“Very nice resort near the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

We stayed at Club 36 and were very surprised by how nice and big the units were. We booked two A units for my wife and I and my father and his wife. All four of us enjoyed the resort and it exceeded our expectations in terms of size and amenities. We had an easy check-in and requested our rooms to be next to each other. They quickly obliged us and were very pleasant to work with. The day we left, our plane didn't leave until 3pm and they very generously allowed a late check-out.

The few improvements I would like to see, The shuttle to the strip should run later in the evening and more often than every hour. There is a whole lot of walking in Las Vegas and walking back to the resort from the strip was long and tiring. I suppose we could have taken a taxi. Every half hour and until midnight would be a huge improvement. Especially for those who didn't bring a car but came in on a plane.

The pool was a bit crowded with kids so we didn't try that. The store, restaurants and bagel shop were all great to have right on the property. It would be nice if the restaurant provided room service and stayed open a little later.

Was worried about the airport noise especially since our room had a great view of the end of the runway just across the street. We did hear the jet engines from time to time but they really didn't bother us. They seemed to have done an excellent job on noise control in the rooms.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Western New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

Shuttle not convenient; scheduled to run on the hour between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. One day the driver called in sick and the shuttle didn't run and guests were not notified. We took the shuttle to the first stop, MGM , and then used public transportation (we bought a multi-day bus pass). This wasn't the best way to get around. We also took taxis, at times there was a long wait. Next time we may consider staying right on the Strip.

Airplanes noise did not cause a bother due to our room location. The building has 2 wings, we were located in the back wing which was protected from the noise.

The resort layout is wide and expansive, not tall, so there is a long walk to rooms.

Nearby stores and restaurants - very limited; not much is nearby. ABC variety stores; had good hours and reasonable prices; Subway; Pizzeria which had limited hours; Restaurant (can't comment on the quality since we didn't go there).

Check in was quick and efficient. Sales personnel were not too pushy.

The room a very nice and spacious. We had a 2-bedroom deluxe, which was two adjacent rooms with a connecting door. The kitchen was fully equipped (pots, pans, plates, glassware, utensils, convection oven, refrigerator, etc.) The bathroom had 2 separate rooms; one with a sink and shower stall (very large) and another with a sink, toilet, and shower/bath.

Fitness room will equipped; swimming pool and hot tup were nice, not too crowed, and clean.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

I just returned from my first stay at Bluegreen Club 36 -- the first time I didn't stay at a hotel on the strip. For me, I tend to get my fill of the glitz and excitement of the strip, and just want to return to some quite normalcy when my day is done. That's what this place was for me -- a quite oasis where I can walk in the front door and not have to fight my way through a noisy obstacle course of slot machines just to find an elevator. I prefer everything about this over a Las Vegas hotel. You get a condo unit with living area, kitchen and eating area -- parking is free -- there are restaurants and stores on the grounds, and best of all, the staff is super friendly and helpful. You are only 3/4 of a mile from the MGM Grand, where you can pick up the monorail (get the 3-day unlimited pass).
This is the only place I will stay In Las Vegas in the future.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

We stayed at the Las Vegas Club 36 while in Las Vegas for a friend's birthday celebration. It was very clean but very small. The bed was comfortable and I slept like a baby. The staff was very accomodating for any and all of our requests which were few. I guess you could say we are low maintenence guests. The only problem we encounter was the slippery bath tub/shower....no non slip surface which made showering an adventure. There was very little water pressure from the shower as well. Just enough to get off the soap and shampoo but not very invigorating. We had a rental car so getting around Las Vegas was easy. The shuttle service from Club 36 to the Strip ended at 6 PM. This is a time share so they don't run it like a hotel per se. If you wanted maid service daily it was available for and extra $28/day. We got all the clean linens we requested (Towels, extra pillows etc)
All in all it was a good place to sleep and get cleaned up other than that it's not exactly a resort. Maybe it just pales to what other places in Las Vegas have to offer.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Tucson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

Room was great (thanks Karlo). We bought a promotion at Basspro (two nights) with money refunded for "90 min" sales pitch. If we didn't go to the sales pitch we would be charged $279 for the room.Okay. Before starting sales pitch we had to sign an agreement that we meet all of their qualifications or we would be charged for the room. Most there didn't like this, but okay. Meeting to be 9:00am, told to be there 10 min before. I am diabetic, figured I would be out by 10:30-11:00 to eat. At 12:30 After telling our salesman several times of my condition (and that I must eat.), and we were not interested in buying, I had to walk out. We were waiting for the closer who was tied up with another couple. Our salesman asked another closer to sign us off, but he would not. My wife told me later that our salesman finally found some other guy to sign off so we would not be charged. I have been to other timeshare sales presentations (I own a timeshare) but never attended one as high pressure as this. If you want to go for a couple "free" nights in a timeshare, I recommend you choose another outfit. No problem recommending this hotel but not if you have to go through the sales pitch.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

My husband and I have been Bluegreen owners since 2006, and Club 36 was definitely the best property we've been to thus far. The decor was cool, and the two bedroom floorplan was great (adjoining rooms) - noise was minimal. We went to Vegas with another couple and had a blast. It was nice to have access to ABC Stores (a mini grocery store without produce), a liquor store, Grind Burger (Awesome! Try the Bianca pizza), Subway, and Einstein Bagels in the same building. The main challenge was the shuttle. The driver was excellent and had great information, but the shuttle simply doesn't go to enough places on the strip. It only goes to MGM, Fashion Mall, Imperial Palace, and Mandalay Bay. It would be nice if it went to Caesar's, the Bellaggio, and Luxor. Also, the shuttle only runs on the hour until 11p. It would've been helpful if the shuttle ran every 30 minutes and later than 11p. We spent over $100 just on cab because of the limited shuttle service. Other than the shuttle (and the few minutes it took for the shower to heat up), we were very pleased with this property. Be sure to ask for a view of the strip when you make reservations; otherwise, you'll be enjoying a view of the parking lot. Also, purchase dryer sheets because they aren't available in the rooms, but Gain detergent is available. The liquor store offers free samples. :-) The gym was wonderful - clean, updated and basic equipment, and the exercise mats were comfy. We didn't use the pool, so I can't report on it. When you get to the room, be sure to set your thermostat where you want it. It will get hot in the room if you don't. And, turn on the ice maker so you'll have ice when you go to make drinks in the room. We also didn't use the spa because it received subpar reviews, so I can't make an accurate assessment on the available services. I think that covers most of it. Club 36 is a great value for what you get! Vegas baby!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Iron Mountain, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

We got suckered into staying hear to hear a timeshare deal...well aside from that, let me tell you bout this place.

Cons: It's very dreary and dark and super tiny! The colors in the hallways and rooms are olive green walls with accents of red and black in the decor, very retro. We stayed in a "B" room (the smallest). It was one bedroom with just enough room to walk around the bed and a tiny tiny kitchen and living room. My two teenage boys had to sleep on the hide-a-bed couch which seemed very uncomfortable. There was only one extra blanket in the room for them to share. There is only one small window in the room....and it's in the bedroom so the whole place feels like your in a prison cell. In the kitchen, you can't open the dishwasher unless you move the table and chairs out of the way. There is a small stove top and fridge. I can't imagine cooking in this kitchen or even eating a meal. It felt like we were staying in a sardine can! The hallways smelled of....some sort of foreign cooking. There are a few restaurants and shops located on the first floor and I think the smell of the cooking comes up through the floors. The elevator is not located in the lobby. You have to walk to the center of the hotel to get to it. The fitness room and internet area was not marked with any signs. We had to have someone take us there. We mentioned there were no signs and he said "I know." You have to pay for internet if you want it at your room. If you want to use their computer it's fine, but if you print something you have to go down 2 floors to the lobby to pick up the printout. You have to pay for room service. I have never heard of this. Their little in room guide said they provided complimentary towel pick up, topping off coffee/shampoos, and taking the trash. We were there 2 days and got none of this. You have to drive everywhere as it's not close enough to walk anywhere. Oh, and it's at the end of the runway from the airport. Surpisingly, we were not too bothered by the sound of planes...the place must be well insulated and soundproof. It was actually kind of neat to watch them fly so close.

Pros: washer and dryer in room was handy to use. The bed was comfortable. The pool area looked nice.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Bluegreen Club 36? Share your experiences!