“Loved this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #106 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Loved this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

I just returned from my first stay at Bluegreen Club 36 -- the first time I didn't stay at a hotel on the strip. For me, I tend to get my fill of the glitz and excitement of the strip, and just want to return to some quite normalcy when my day is done. That's what this place was for me -- a quite oasis where I can walk in the front door and not have to fight my way through a noisy obstacle course of slot machines just to find an elevator. I prefer everything about this over a Las Vegas hotel. You get a condo unit with living area, kitchen and eating area -- parking is free -- there are restaurants and stores on the grounds, and best of all, the staff is super friendly and helpful. You are only 3/4 of a mile from the MGM Grand, where you can pick up the monorail (get the 3-day unlimited pass).
This is the only place I will stay In Las Vegas in the future.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

We stayed at the Las Vegas Club 36 while in Las Vegas for a friend's birthday celebration. It was very clean but very small. The bed was comfortable and I slept like a baby. The staff was very accomodating for any and all of our requests which were few. I guess you could say we are low maintenence guests. The only problem we encounter was the slippery bath tub/shower....no non slip surface which made showering an adventure. There was very little water pressure from the shower as well. Just enough to get off the soap and shampoo but not very invigorating. We had a rental car so getting around Las Vegas was easy. The shuttle service from Club 36 to the Strip ended at 6 PM. This is a time share so they don't run it like a hotel per se. If you wanted maid service daily it was available for and extra $28/day. We got all the clean linens we requested (Towels, extra pillows etc)
All in all it was a good place to sleep and get cleaned up other than that it's not exactly a resort. Maybe it just pales to what other places in Las Vegas have to offer.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Tucson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

Room was great (thanks Karlo). We bought a promotion at Basspro (two nights) with money refunded for "90 min" sales pitch. If we didn't go to the sales pitch we would be charged $279 for the room.Okay. Before starting sales pitch we had to sign an agreement that we meet all of their qualifications or we would be charged for the room. Most there didn't like this, but okay. Meeting to be 9:00am, told to be there 10 min before. I am diabetic, figured I would be out by 10:30-11:00 to eat. At 12:30 After telling our salesman several times of my condition (and that I must eat.), and we were not interested in buying, I had to walk out. We were waiting for the closer who was tied up with another couple. Our salesman asked another closer to sign us off, but he would not. My wife told me later that our salesman finally found some other guy to sign off so we would not be charged. I have been to other timeshare sales presentations (I own a timeshare) but never attended one as high pressure as this. If you want to go for a couple "free" nights in a timeshare, I recommend you choose another outfit. No problem recommending this hotel but not if you have to go through the sales pitch.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

My husband and I have been Bluegreen owners since 2006, and Club 36 was definitely the best property we've been to thus far. The decor was cool, and the two bedroom floorplan was great (adjoining rooms) - noise was minimal. We went to Vegas with another couple and had a blast. It was nice to have access to ABC Stores (a mini grocery store without produce), a liquor store, Grind Burger (Awesome! Try the Bianca pizza), Subway, and Einstein Bagels in the same building. The main challenge was the shuttle. The driver was excellent and had great information, but the shuttle simply doesn't go to enough places on the strip. It only goes to MGM, Fashion Mall, Imperial Palace, and Mandalay Bay. It would be nice if it went to Caesar's, the Bellaggio, and Luxor. Also, the shuttle only runs on the hour until 11p. It would've been helpful if the shuttle ran every 30 minutes and later than 11p. We spent over $100 just on cab because of the limited shuttle service. Other than the shuttle (and the few minutes it took for the shower to heat up), we were very pleased with this property. Be sure to ask for a view of the strip when you make reservations; otherwise, you'll be enjoying a view of the parking lot. Also, purchase dryer sheets because they aren't available in the rooms, but Gain detergent is available. The liquor store offers free samples. :-) The gym was wonderful - clean, updated and basic equipment, and the exercise mats were comfy. We didn't use the pool, so I can't report on it. When you get to the room, be sure to set your thermostat where you want it. It will get hot in the room if you don't. And, turn on the ice maker so you'll have ice when you go to make drinks in the room. We also didn't use the spa because it received subpar reviews, so I can't make an accurate assessment on the available services. I think that covers most of it. Club 36 is a great value for what you get! Vegas baby!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Iron Mountain, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

We got suckered into staying hear to hear a timeshare deal...well aside from that, let me tell you bout this place.

Cons: It's very dreary and dark and super tiny! The colors in the hallways and rooms are olive green walls with accents of red and black in the decor, very retro. We stayed in a "B" room (the smallest). It was one bedroom with just enough room to walk around the bed and a tiny tiny kitchen and living room. My two teenage boys had to sleep on the hide-a-bed couch which seemed very uncomfortable. There was only one extra blanket in the room for them to share. There is only one small window in the room....and it's in the bedroom so the whole place feels like your in a prison cell. In the kitchen, you can't open the dishwasher unless you move the table and chairs out of the way. There is a small stove top and fridge. I can't imagine cooking in this kitchen or even eating a meal. It felt like we were staying in a sardine can! The hallways smelled of....some sort of foreign cooking. There are a few restaurants and shops located on the first floor and I think the smell of the cooking comes up through the floors. The elevator is not located in the lobby. You have to walk to the center of the hotel to get to it. The fitness room and internet area was not marked with any signs. We had to have someone take us there. We mentioned there were no signs and he said "I know." You have to pay for internet if you want it at your room. If you want to use their computer it's fine, but if you print something you have to go down 2 floors to the lobby to pick up the printout. You have to pay for room service. I have never heard of this. Their little in room guide said they provided complimentary towel pick up, topping off coffee/shampoos, and taking the trash. We were there 2 days and got none of this. You have to drive everywhere as it's not close enough to walk anywhere. Oh, and it's at the end of the runway from the airport. Surpisingly, we were not too bothered by the sound of planes...the place must be well insulated and soundproof. It was actually kind of neat to watch them fly so close.

Pros: washer and dryer in room was handy to use. The bed was comfortable. The pool area looked nice.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
San Bernardino, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

We were in a Bass Pro Shop in So. Cal when a man approached us telling us about this great deal. We could go to Vegas for 3 days, 2 nights for $99. and stay in a one-bedroom "villa." No strings except that we had to listen to a timeshare presentation...which wasn't ever brought up by the sales man. My husband had to ask if this is what it was. He said, "Yes, but it's only a 90 min presentation. No pressure to buy." We said ok!

This past weekend we went. I was very nervous about the sales presentation, as I had read so many bad experiences about it. First, I want to talk about my feelings on the actual hotel.

When you think of a one-bedroom villa, I'm thinking of how spacious and grand it is. I guess that was my mistake, because this was like a very small studio apartment. However, it was good enough. The place was very dark, as the only window is a small window in the bedroom. My favorite part of a hotel room is the bed. I love a good sized queen or king plush bed with down comforter and duvet. This is not what was in there. The bed was a small queen? It was hard and it had one of those scratchy motel grade bed spreads. Ugh.

The bathroom is a good sized, which was nice. There's also a kitchenette and a washer/dryer. I think those are a plus, however we didn't really use them. I think the worst part of the room is that it's attached to another "villa" by just two regular doors. You know how in some hotel rooms there might be those heavy doors that connect two rooms? This is what we had. The difference is that the real hotel rooms that have these, the doors are a great barrier. You can't hear the people in the next room through them. With the doors in this room, they are just two regular doors like we'd have in our hallways at home. You can see under these doors into the next room. And if you have noisy people staying next door, forget it. Because these people were not noisy at all, but we could hear them talking as if they were in the same room as us. I was not pleased at all. A little privacy Bluegreen??? That's all we ask.

Ok, so the presentation was ok. The guy we had was nice and funny. I felt like these guys' main job is to get you to like them first. They are constantly trying to relate to you. After talking to him, we are all taken into a room where one of the sales guys becomes a "stand-up comedian" if you want to call him that. At least he thinks he is. After 30 min of crappy jokes and making us introduce ourselves, he talks about the benefits of a timeshare. Now....remember how we were told that after 90 min we could walk? This isn't the case. After the 90 min..they take you on a tour of the hotel. We didn't really mind because our salesman was nice. We actually did like him. Just a side note...they don't have clocks anywhere in the presentation areas and forbid you to talk on your cellphones. If you even look at your phone, they get kind of upset. I think they don't want you realizing how long the presentation/tour is. Because after all was said and done, it was four hours. Granted, my husband and I had a lot of questions about the whole process. In the end, we decided it wasn't for us, and he was cool with it and we got our gift and was sent on our way.

Oh, I do want to point out that the Einstein Bagel shop on the property is AWESOME!

All in all, I give it three stars. It was worth the $99 dollars for 2nights, I think. I would never stay there again though.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010

My family (wife and two young children) recently stayed at the Bluegreen Resort Club 36 in Las Vegas during December 2010. The overall rating for the resort was just “average” for the following reasons.

The property is located off Tropicana Boulevard, a little over ½ a mile behind the MGM Grand hotel, and directly across from the airport. Although the property is directly next to the airport, never once did I hear any airport/jet noise from inside the resort. The resort is 7 stories tall, with the entrance on one side, and some business occupying the ground floor on the other side. The business include a Subway, an ABC store, which if you’ve never visited one in Hawaii, they are like a mini Walmart. They have everything from A (Alcohol) to Z (Zsu Zsu pets). Anything you need during your vacation can be found there. There is also a nice burger/bar lounge, a very good bagel shop, a fully stocked liquor store, and a pizzeria which when we tried to order dinner found out they closed two hours early. I would highly recommend not counting on them being open if you have dinner plans there. Besides these businesses, the resort is pretty isolated unless you have a car or want to walk over ½ mile to the closest casino (MGM or Hooters). The resort provides a free shuttle which runs every hour, and stops at the following; MGM, Monte Carlo, Fashion Show Mall, Imperial Palace. They do not guarantee pick-up, so you have to take a taxi back to the resort. Check-in time is 4PM, and check-out is 10AM, which is a little early in my opinion.

Once inside the resort, you’ll find it’s very nice. The staff were all very professional and courteous, and made every effort to assist me during our stay. The highlight of the resort for my young children was the indoor pool and jacuzzi. It was raining and cold during our stay, but the pool and jacuzzi was very nice and protected from the outside elements. There is also an outdoor sunning deck just off the pool which is located on the 4th floor. The sun deck is a great place for watching planes take off and land from the airport. On the second floor is also a well equipped gym with cardio and weight lifting equipment. The second floor also has a 3 station computer center in the corning of the hallway. All of the computers run very slow, and I found some very normal sites blocked. If you want to print anything, the computers print to the front desk. There is also a Spa on the 2nd floor, which we did not visit. The parking is located in spaces around the resort, not in a parking structure. The area around the resort is basically just empty undeveloped dirt lots.

We stayed in a one bedroom deluxe room, which has a separate living room and a fully stocked kitchen with a large refrigerator. My overall impression of the room was they packed a lot into a small area. This was on the smaller side of resort condos that I have stay in, but it was still nice. The decor has modern, pleasant, and had a bit of an aviation theme to it. There was a flat screen television in the bedroom and the living which included a DVD player. There were plenty of cable channels, but no PPV. The bathrooms were very large, in fact it was actually two bathrooms. One had a toilet, tub/shower, and sink, the other had a large walk in shower and sink. Both were very nice. There is also a safe and iron/board in the bathroom. The worse part about the condo was the bed, it was far below average. We couldn’t figure out why they would put such a crappy bed in such a nice condo. Because this is a condo, there is no free daily maid service. For an extra fee you can request different levels of daily maid service. We were there for 3 nights, and didn’t need any additional cleaning. They also have Wi-Fi access in the room, but that is also an additional fee.

We attended a time share presentation while we were there. The salesman was very nice and professional, even after we declined to join the Bluegreen Resort family. No high pressure sales tactics were used.

Because it was off the main strip path, and kind of isolated, I probably would not stay here again. Unless it was cold temperatures and we wanted to enjoy the indoor pool. If the price is real good, it may be worth a visit.

On a side note, if you’ve never visited the Hoover Dam, it was a very nice side trip we made during this Vegas trip. They whole family enjoyed it, and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Bluegreen Club 36? Share your experiences!