“We enjoyed our stay! We'll stay there again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nellis Suites

You added Nellis Suites to your Saves list
Nellis Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4555 Las Vegas Blvd North, Las Vegas, NV 89115 (Formerly Emerald Suites)   |
Ranked #174 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Fredrikstad, Norway
“We enjoyed our stay! We'll stay there again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

I booked this hotel based on the number of people in our family (5) and the rate. ($69 for Friday night stay). Included in the rate was full breakfast, internet, free parking and a pool. The suite had two bedrooms and living-room. A king size bed, and two double beds. There was exercise and laundry facilities available.

The pool was nice, warm and clean. open early and closed at 10 p.m.

The breakfast included frozen/toasted waffles, donuts, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, bagels and muffins.

Complimentary internet, but only for one computer.

The rooms were clean, but the beds were definitely very hard.
Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
NellisSuites, General Manager at Nellis Suites, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Thank you for your kind remarks. It's always nice to hear when we are exceeding our guests expectations. Please call on us again when traveling to Las Vegas. We look forward to extending our hospitality in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Fullerton, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

The clerk who signed us in, David, was one of the rudest people I've had the misfortune to deal with. This man shouldn't be working with the public.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Fresno, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I checked into Nellis Suites for an overnight stay that was booked thru hotel club.com, I presented my reservation voucher to "David" the asst manager who told me I would be charged a non-refundable pet fee of $50/each (I had 2 dogs), I said why can't you just check the room in the morning before I leave so I can be refunded, he was very rude and said i could leave if I chose (forfeiting the full room fee I had paid for prior to arrival) he also told me he would call the police if I didn't pay or leave. I am a 55 yo Critical Care nurse on vacation with my family. This guys definitly lives by this quote.."Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." Churchill.......he obviously hates his job!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent coments. At Nellis Suites at Main Gate we believe customer service should always be at the forefront of hospitality. We have taken your critizism seriously and as a result have made recent changes to our personnel on staff. We sincerely hope you will give us another chance when traveling to the Las Vegas area.
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

the rooms are actually okay. but just okay. beds are not comfortable. linens/towels are flimsy and cheap. everything in the kitchen worked but selection of cookware/dishes is so minimal. i'm glad i brought my own things to cook with.

the tv selection is insane! tons and tons of channels. fair internet connection.

the pool is okay but small. there were tons of kids here so it filled up quickly. the fitness center only has one treadmill and some weights so i had to wait everytime i wanted to use it. they really should have more than one piece of cardio equipment.

the staff was difficult and downright rude. everytime i had a question it turned into an exhausting experience. everything from internet questions to noise complaints to requesting a late checkout time ended in what seemed like almost an argument. i ended up switching hotels because i was so sick of their attitude.

i would say that you're any kind of sensitive person then don't stay here. not worth it. if you have thick skin and don't care, maybe it would it would be okay for you.

Room Tip: book through the internet for a cheaper price. they won't cut you a deal at the front desk.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
NellisSuites, General Manager at Nellis Suites, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Please accept our sincere apologiies for your unsatifactory experience during your recent stay. While we pride ourselfs on our customer service and hotel amenities we always want to know when we have not delivered. We take that information as constructive criticism and a platform to which improve. As a result of your comment we recently had a front office meeting focusing on the importantance of guest service and our abilities to ensure every guest receives the best of what we have to offer. We sincerely hope if your travels bring you to Las Vegas again in the future you will give us another chance.

Kindest regards,
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

I came to visit my family stationed at Nellis and decided to stay here as it was neary by. The hotel and the rooms looked nothing like what they did in the website. On the website, the hotel looks modern, clean and well maintained. In realtiy, it is one of the dirtiest dumps i have ever been to. The front desk staff was incredibly rude. Check in took nearly thirty minutes as the staff could not find my reservation despite having called ahead of time to verify it. When I finally got to the room, it reeked of feces and urine. I later found out that a previous guest had brought two dogs with them. I was moved to another room. Here I found stains on bedding, no shampoo or conditioner, and inoperative fridge, and water which took 20 minutes to heat up. This was the worst stay of my life, for $45 I would rather have slept in my car!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

My husband is active duty militiary and we have stayed in our fair share of hotels. Nellis Suites is by far the slummiest slum hotel I have ever had the misfortune of staying in. I checked in with my chldren and was given a room on the second floor. When I put my key in and opened the door my nose was assaulted with a very strong animal urine smell. Then I turned on the light and the room was not clean. I didn't even want to set my purse on the ground let alone my eight month old daughter. I marched back downstairs and requested a different room that animals had not occupied and that was clean. The next room she gave me smelled like a stale ashtray even though it was a "non smoking" room. The carpets were not clean. I went out and bought air freshners (20 dollars worth) and called the front desk to borrow a vaccum. I was told they didn't have access to one (it was only noon) and that all the maids had left for the day? Also although there is a full kitchen in my room the kitchen utensils are far beyond basic. They didn't even issue an oven mit or pot holders. My room has a dishwasher but lacks dishes or silverware. My last plea for anyone thinking of staying here with children would be don't! My 7 year old found a used condom on the floor in the bathroom right between the toilet and the bath tub. Had I not paid in advance and been refused a refund I would have left on the first day.

Room Tip: ****Don't stay here****
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for the Electric Daisy Carnival at the MotorSpeedway and I must say, for a hotel that was completely booked and slammed with young 20 somethings trying take advantage of the system by squeezing in rooms and overcrowding, this hotel came through for me with flying colors. This is the ABSOLUTE CLOSEST HOTEL TO THE SPEEDWAY. EVERYONE AND THEIR BROTHER WANTED TO CRASH HERE WITH THEIR FRIENDS AND PARK HERE FOR FREE ON EVERYONE ELSE'S DIME. This hotel would have been a nightmare if the hotel hadn't kept their registration rules in place to make sure all the guests were respected and there was ample parking for the residents that paid!

The hotel has rules for a reason and that is to protect the guests. I felt respected, taken care of, and treated professionally as long as I respected the system. Yes, they require everyone to register and issue all the guests an ID card and parking passes for the cars. They have security at the front checking to make sure you have an ID issued and a car pass but this was completely for the guests protection. What I noticed was that there were no loud rooms overcrowded with unwanted guests. I saw about 50 drunk kids outside the hotel at 7am hanging outside the security gate because they weren't actual guests. Did i want those kids inside the hotel perimeters waking all of us up? No. I also saw a bunch of people trying to snag parking spaces with their friends so they could carpool to the speedway and or walk. Not cool if they weren't paying! The hotel only has so many parking spaces. If you want to carpool, meet at the 24 hour superwalmart around the corner, not at the hotel. This hotel is not structured as a place to party or visit with lots of friends. Its structured as a place to get some sleep with the party conveniently a mile away at the speedway!

The speedway actually is 1 mile away. The main entrance to the speedway for the June EDC event was on the side closest to the freeway which happened to be on the other side of the speedway. People are upset at the hotel. Be upset at the venue for the gate entrance they chose. Educate yourself a bit better before you just start walking to the destination. Don't be stupid. The entrance for artists was at a gate that was on the side of Nellis Suites so my entrance was a little over a mile.

I had seven rooms for my people and I must have made a hundred changes and the hotel staff was totally cool with it. I had people switching out in the rooms and just made sure to keep in communication with the front desk, registering everyone, and all was good. The staff is totally willing to work with you. They were even cool with an extra guest as long as they registered. The staff was always very helpful. Whenever I called the front desk for something they always came through with their commitment. The staff did an amazing job checking people in when I was in the office which was about 5 times in 2 days. The hotel was completely sold out so they did their absolute best to check people in as quickly as they could.

WHAT IS AMAZING: The free breakfast! Hot waffles, a selection of bagels, donuts, cereals, juices, cream cheese, lots of yumminess for a continental breakfast!! Free wireless! I used the wireless and had no problems. Just had to call the front desk for the code. The pool was super nice and a great place to meet up with fellow guests. The hotel was cool and let one of the rooms play music for the pool. They had parking for all guests even though it was packed! The rooms were super comfy and most importantly clean and well kept, & spacious. Plus the kitchen is a SUPER BONIS! Every room has a kitchen, fridge, microwave. Silverware and plates provided but do bring your own pot to cook in. There is nothing like being able to spend $50 at the grocery store (or SUPER WALMART around the corner) and be able to keep food for all of us for 3 days. We were able to keep a huge flat of water cold, plus fresh fruits and veggies, and ice cream in the middle of the summer! We didn't have to eat fast food all weekend and we were able to keep our costs down, especially since breakfast was provided.

I should remind everyone that this hotel is meant for an Extended Stay (weeks at a time). You can't expect luxurious accommodations here. You can't expect the shampoo, conditioner free samples. You can't expect the luxurious 4 star beds. THIS HOTEL IS AN INCREDIBLE VALUE FOR WHAT IT IS BUT DON'T EXPECT TO PAY A LOW RATE AND HAVE A 4 STAR EXPERIENCE. What you can expect is something very spacious and furnished like an apartment. Since its not on the strip and they are suites, we had a living room with a couch, chairs, and bedrooms. This was fantastic for all of us who had a couple of bags each loaded with costumes. A small room would have been a nightmare.

All in all, this hotel kept us close and out of traffic in and out of our event and we would DEFINITELY stay here again. We were all very thankful to the staff for working with us in a very strenuous time of a sold out hotel.

THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO STAY IF YOU WANT TO BE RESPECTED AS A GUEST.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Nellis Suites? Share your experiences!