Had a fantastic stay at this wonderful hotel. Was there for 3 nights and it was a luxurious step up from the best western and holiday inn we had been staying in across California. Over 8 nights and we were in Sanfrancisco for 2 hectic touristy days, 2 days on the coast( Monterrey/ Carmel) then onto Vegas for a few days. Due to the hectic schedule before Vegas- we really wanted to sit back and relax and feel like I had been on a holiday not a business trip! Lucky for us, the encore ticked this box!
1.Beautiful rooms- I have stayed in some great hotels in the past- but the standard Wynn room is far better then the standard 5* hotel rooms here are some reasons why-
A larger plasma screen that swivels to the lounge area
A separate seating area giving a two room feel
A tv screen in the large bathroom
A large deprecate shower and bathtub(large)
- two basins
- customised room keys saying my name
- superior cleaning service- by partners make- up brushes etc were arranged wonderfully each day
Although you can get these features in other 5* you would be hard to get them in a standard room( which we had)
2. Excellent staff- very helpful, great attention to detail- rivals the service you get in 5* Asian countries
3. Nice pool areas
4. Less congested gambling areas- we didn't do much gambling however I definitely preferred the more relaxed encore/ Wynn casinos
5. $100 credit given! Never had that before- it paid for poolside drinks, a buffet and a few other bits and bobs
6. Exclusivity- you definitely feel you are in exclusive resort
1. Expensive- the room rate wasn't too bad because it is off season we got a good deal. But drinks, food, spa etc are all really very expensive! After tax, tips you could fork out $20-30 a meal not including drinks! There are plenty of places to get cheaper food and drinks locally- e.g. A food court in a shopping mall opposite etc
2. Noise- we were lucky that we were on the 56 floor so night club noise was not too bad. However, on the Friday night it was apparent that the people staying above us were having a noisy pre party. This went on until 12pm ish. We were not too bothered as we understood that it is a party city and we would have been out too if out flight was not so early. I would definitely suggest that light sleepers take ear plugs.
3. Noisy refrigerator- the minibar is quite close to the bed so the fridge noise was a bit annoying- this may just be a funny quirk of my hearing as my partner mentioned nothing.
4. Resort fee- wifi, gym have to be paid for; $28. This is a bit disappointing as all other 5* include it. It was a great thing the pool/ jacuzzi was included as we used both all 3 days.
5. One small jacuzzi by the Wynn side. The swimming pool on the encore side had no jacuzzi (due to renovation) so we had to go to the Wynn side which had a gorgeous pool. However the Wynn side had a rather smallish jacuzzi- given that there are nearly 2000 rooms across the resort- you would expect at least a fee jacuzzis that are bigger. Luckily this did not affect us- as we went off season so we managed to use the jacuzzi- however I am sure it would be packed during peak season. I reckon they want you to use their spa- which costs $44 per person. ( the spa did look top notch)
All in all the experience was great. The weather was good too- we were worried that the temperature may plummet however the weather was akin to summer British weather(maybe a tad warmer when in the sun)
(Sorry for any typos)